So how is the weather where you're at ?

Stacey6163

Raining here, too. Tornado warnings north of the lake last night. The rain is heading toward Holly and Kat.

Thunderstorms were forecast to begin overnight for Pensacola, but we didn't get them here. The sky is really yuck looking this AM. though. We plan to take The Kid and hunker down at the Naval Air Museum.

It's been raining since I woke up;I have a sinus headache-again-so I just cuddled back up in the blankets and slept in. Yesterday was so warm here I broke a sweat at one point-this for the first day of winter! Although I personally loooove hearing the rain hit the roof here,I don't look forward to navigating through my muddy driveway to the car when I have to go to work in the morning. I was super spoiled to just stepping out to a carport for 27 years at my previous home and when it rains here I have a large mucky mess. Yuck! I do know it could be much worse,but what a ***** to keep the carpet clean!! If I owned this place it would be all tile!

Hope you feel better soon Kat !! :D I know what you mean about the mud , it's a real pain in the butt ! The rain has finally stopped here , flood warnings all over the place , and every bit of snow has melted . But it's going to cool off with more snow moving in, after all , it is winter.

While we were at late lunch the sky turned that nasty mustard-green color I notice when tornados are possible (all the tornados I've seen/ been in the sky went that color), and we got rained on whilst coming home, but no thunder. Rain is still in our forecast through tomorrow, then a return to billybedamned COLD again. Ah, the joys of living in the Gulf weather system!

We did have a bit of thunder here,but no biggie. It's just wet and yucky,so I stayed in and stayed cozy. :) Holly's right,though,we'll have the stupid cold again soon enough. But,still,we don't have the snow and freezing,freezing temps as elsewhere,so I guess we are really lucky...Still can't believe I was sweating yesterday-the first day of Winter. It's almost funny! The world certainly is not a boring place! ^_^

It's a grey miserable day here with high humidity and we have heavy rain forecast for tomorrow. As we typically have Christmas day outdoors and usually end up swimming etc. I'm about to frantically rearrange the house so everyone can fit comfortably inside.

SCHOOL!?! Great heavens, the kids are on break here as of Friday. They would be too squirrelly to teach.

We are still clear, sunny and very very cold - 42 with windchill. Apparently a big dump of snow is on the way though.

She is in college, and lives 3 hours away. She has been out of class for 2 or 3 weeks, but she works, so she's just able to come today. She'll actually be home until Friday, I'm excited to have her home for so long!

• Like 1

Hope you feel better soon,Holly-my sinuses have been giving me fits,too.

That's the one thing about the South I dislike,because growing up in California and 2 years in Texas I never had these horrible headaches and pressure. Maybe because I was a child? IDK!

Anyhoo,sorry,you guys,but I am so glad I'm not in snowy or icy weather as it's brrrr chilly enough here today!;) Stay warm!

Aw,Helen,what happened to your sunny weather down there?! Hope it clears up soon!

And Tracy,so glad you'll have your kids close-hug 'em tight!My 2 are a lot closer to you than me right now-they are spending Christmas with their aunt in Columbus,Ga.

• Like 1

It was fairly beautiful out today. Warm enough that the boychild (he thinks he's a man (he's 23)) griped about it being too hot. I think it actually got up to about 65 today. The sun was shining and it was warm enough that I didn't really need a jacket but I get cold easily so I wore it anyway. :) Now the sun has gone down and it's starting to cool off some more. It's a good thing though. Seems like everyone is out doing last minute shopping LOL.

~morning