So how is the weather where you're at ?

Stacey6163

I wish Kathie! lol It took me a half hour to defrost my car!!! The sun is out now and at this altitude it feels almost warm until you see the actual temp.....19 at noon!

Stacey, our outdoor spickets were covered last winter and they still froze. We let our faucets drip at night but last winter the pipe from the well to the house froze and there is nothing we can do about it.

Made a list and sent John to the store so we'll be stocked up before the next round of snow. And a stop at the post office to get my package , new tools always make being snowed in better. :D They're calling for 8 - 12 inches and temps in the single digits.

This was Marshall, Mo., a couple years ago. A friend sent us the photo with a "Neener, neener" message. :) The chatter on this thread inspired me to make this our Christmas card this year. Best wishes to everyone who will be shoveling this winter!

gallery_818_6535_7544.jpg

• Like 3

I have the same forecast as Kathie and Holly. I have waited a-l-l week for it and will take 1 warm, rainy day over a cold,dry one any time!!! Yay! It will be short lived,for sure. Just the same as in the summer when the showers cool things off for awhile,only to be miserably muggy the rest of the day! Such is life in the US South! Can't do a darn thing about it but move and I ain't goin' nowhere!lol Plenty of inside stuff to do and I won't be shivering while I do it!! Yay!

Zero tonight here in Maine, snow coming. I was worried my son didn't take his warm gloves and hat when he was here last weekend so I just called him. He said he had his warm winter gear with him.

Kathie, your house looks so cute and New Englandy.

Well..... one good thing about deep snow, it insulates the plants and helps them survive the winter, I don't ski or anything so that's about all the good I can say for it. I keep dreaming about a house in Tucson, with a pool.

Yesterday and today were almost spring-like: in the mid-40's. BUT...a couple of nights ago it got down to -5 degrees, too cold to even snow, though it did a couple of inches the day before. Koko was mad as all get out me because I closed "his" window and refused to let him out with it that cold.
Boy, can that cat cuss!

• Like 2

It's been overcast all day, so not so cold as originally forecast. We'll pay for it when the sun comes out, though! I baked cookies this afternoon. Whenever DS#3 comes to visit I bake more than I do the rest of the year when he's not here! Even though he's over 40 I still like to make goodies for him.

Its a sunny 10 degrees this morning!!!

Pretty scene with the cute house! I had forgotten what "regular" houses look like.......all we have is adobes. I will have to try and take some snow pictures again out here in the west.

• Like 1

It is about 9 degrees F here now. But the windchills really keep you inside. I was out taking pictures of some eagles this morning and couldn't stay out long! We have had windchills to -30 lately. We are suppose to get a couple more inches of snow today and tonight. I am so sick of winter already!!!