So how is the weather where you're at ?

Stacey6163

Aw,Helen,what happened to your sunny weather down there?! Hope it clears up soon!

It's run away Kat :( and after last years record high I was banking on another hot sunny day ... that said they've been forecasting rain that hasn't happened for the last week so I'm ignoring the grey sky and believing for a sunny day tomorrow.

• Like 1

It's 7 (F) here this morning with a -5 wind chill. After last weekend's ice storm, the lake effect snow isn't bad. Most of the power outages are being solved (thank you to all the linemen) section by section. We have a very white Christmas on tap for tomorrow.

Snowing and blowing here. It will make the visability on the hwys questionable, my mom is going into the city for my sister and her kids (none of whom drive). Mom had to work today, so she is closer to the city. Hence my handling the cooking.

It's about 58 degrees, but feels colder, I think? I'm freezing!!! But that's mostly because I sat in the lobby for too long, waiting on that sweet Arrowhead guy to get here with my delivery. He's a nice kid. Very kind to me when he brings the water. Always helps with the doors and the elevator. :D

<3 <3 <3 <3 <3

~morning

It's winter. It's cold. It snowed several inches today. One forecast calls for several inches of snow on Sunday, the other says rain. Earlier they both said ice. I hate ice. Fortunately the last ice storm was much milder than forecasters expected, fewer power outages. Our power only went out for a few hours. A couple of days ago there were only 30,000 people without power in Maine, but that's normal, could have been a lot worse. After the ice storm of 98, our first winter in Maine, thousands of people were without power for over a month.

Like I said - it's winter - it's cold - we're not surprised when the power goes out, we expect it. Dragging out the generator and setting it up is a pain, though. I really, really hate ice.

It was overcast and mid-60s most of today. We shopped thrift stores along US98 from Gulf Breeze to Ft Walton Beach, The AC Moore that used to be in Mary Esther, and the only one in N FL, is gone. We celebrated my birthday a day early, and took The Kid to our favoritest restaurant, Joe's Crab Shack in Destin, FL. It was too busy for the wait staff to stope and dance, but the food is better than ever!