So how is the weather where you're at ?

Stacey6163

Tomorrow we are supposed to get 4 - 6 inches, and wind chills dropping to -10 for Monday and Tuesday. Unfortunately, my husband works outside all day. Of course he has his cold weather gear but he still gets cold. I worry about him and everyone else who works out in this awful cold.

Kellee

• Like 1

We're expecting 8 - 14 inches of snow and temps below zero the next couple of days with high wind warnings and wind chills of -10 to -15 . Hoping the power doesn't go out . This is the coldest and snowiest winter in years. :cold:

Well it rained this morning.! Still havent seen a flake of snow yet.... it is 38 degrees here now... Weather Channel says Rain till about 9pm, then changing to snow, and its supposed to last until 5 am tomorrow morning... with temps dropping to -3 but with wind chills it will feel like -25. We will be bundling up and shoveling snow from our driveways and the neighbors tomorrow. The are both elderly and I want them to be able to get out if need be in the morning.

Hubby will be leaving around 5 am for work, and he will be out in it most of the day tomorrow shoveling snow in case they get a rail car.

We got a few inches last Thursday, it was a steady snow for most of the day... The road crews could not keep up. Unfortunatly with it raining before the snow hits they wont be able to do much treating the roads.

Kellee

Well... they have just cancelled school here for Monday and Tuesday. Tomorrow was a Professional Learning day for teachers, and Central Office was open, no school for students, but that is cancelled too.

Me and my husband both work for the Central Office, and we were all geared up when we found about about 15 minutes ago. Glad I hadn't gone to bed yet!

It was so warm today I didn't need a jacket when I cranked up the bike and rode it. I think it was around 76, but it will probably get colder over the next few days and it was really chilly yesterday night.

Our forecast for tomorrow is a high of 40 or 46 with some snow and sleet and rain or all rain all day. For Tuesday they all predict sunshine with a high of around 15, Looks like we will be having goodly sheets of ice.

I busted out of the house this afternoon, went shopping for boxes on after Xmas sale to wrap up and pack my assorted Xmas items. I'm doing a major rearrangement so it will be easier to unpack and repack Xmas next year and for several years thereafter. I've found that 4 small trees is much easier to deal with than 1 big one.

• Like 1

Our yard has turned into an ice skating rink. My son took a flat-on-the-backside spill on it last night around midnight. Not a pretty sight. Schools got delayed for a bit this morning because the bus company wasn't sure they wanted their drivers out on this icy mess.

I can't complain. Its SUNNY and around 30 right now in the afternoon. It always goes to around 0 or below at night so nothing unusual here. I just went out for a walk with the dog and the sun was so warm on my back.......beautiful!

Stay warm wherever you are!!!

• Like 2

Today and most likely tomorrow,school buses throughout the province are cancelled. Some schools (mostly rural) are closed, but otherwise the schools are open. Needless to say, not many squirmy bodies in desk seats today!

Each school division decides, but most divisions don't have indoor garages for the buses, so in this extreme cold vehicles don't start unless they are plugged in.

:cold: It is the coldest it has been in decades here , -6 degrees right now with the low expected to be - 14 , with wind chills of - 35 to - 40 below zero. All the schools and most places are closed , they are even shutting down the interstates , I can't remember that ever happening. We have both pellet stoves on high and the windows are still frosted over and it is chilly in here even with the lap robes and afghans out. Most of the snow missed us last night but we are expecting some overnight. I made a batch of brownies earlier just so I could run the oven and warm the kitchen up. Brrrrrr :cold:

• Like 1

So much for what others call our 'sunny South',huh?! :ohmy: Oh,Barbara,your post came in just when I was writing that sentence-Sooo true! Brrrrrr!! Hoping everyone stays safe and as warm as possible!! :cold:

• Like 2