So how is the weather where you're at ?

Stacey6163

Waiting for the snow to start falling right now. 30 degrees right now, and they say 2-4 inches !!!!!

Next week we are supposed to have a few days in the single digits...... One of those days I have a very important DR. Appt for my Mother.

Kellee

A little snow on the ground right now, but lots more expected tonight along with COLD. It's supposed to be in the teens with wind so windchill in the single digits. I'm running to the store today for a few things as well as the gas station for generator gas in case we lose power.

Stacey and everyone else in the path of the winter weather please stay warm and safe!!!

Its single digits here at night and in the morning but it was almost 50 out this afternoon. I took a nice walk and only had a light fleece jacket on.

• Like 1

It was below zero with several inches of snow last night, got to about 6 degrees today, with some more snow. It's below zero right now at 6:30 PM, Tomorrow's high might go up to 9 degrees, but we're supposed to get another foot of snow.

The snow started last night around 8. By 12, we had the 4 cms that they had predicted for us...and it was still coming down. When I got up this AM, a snowfall warning had been issued. 10 to 15 cms are expected today into tonight, and then back into the deep freeze....at -12 C, it is postively BALMY out there! :ohyeah:

With the blowing, I am very glad I came back early, even if it did cut my vacation short. Ah well, I have done Saturdays chores today!

The snow started last night around 8. By 12, we had the 4 cms that they had predicted for us...and it was still coming down. When I got up this AM, a snowfall warning had been issued. 10 to 15 cms are expected today into tonight, and then back into the deep freeze....at -12 C, it is postively BALMY out there! :ohyeah:

With the blowing, I am very glad I came back early, even if it did cut my vacation short. Ah well, I have done Saturdays chores today!

We got just about 7" of snow from the last storm, and now it's 13 degrees in the sun. One forecast says we should go to -10 tonight here along the coast, 2 others say -15. On the other hand, all 3 predict a high of around 40 with rain on Monday, then back to deep freeze of 8 or 10 for Tuesday.

There was a flood watch because at noon we had an astronomical high tide, but nobody stays in any of the houses close to the beach this time of year, and our river has lots of room to swell before the water gets near anything.

Snowed all night here, probably around 12 inches when it quit this morning. It's hard to tell exactly; we had a good bit of wind which makes for drifting. Very cold (for here) it was 9 degrees F at 5:30 this morning! It's down to around 11 now; my hubby is on his way home. He called at 6 to say he got a flat tire :(

We took DS#3 home to Tallahassee today, the first sunshiney day we've had in WEEKS! and COLD! all day. Nothing to what y'all up north are experiencing. DH decided to push all the way back, so we stopped for supper at our favorite German restaurant in Niceville, and the owner asked us what we thought about the weather (we left our coats in the truck, since we were parked just outside the door). She mentioned going home to Germany for a recent visit in May and waking up in her mom's house to a foot of snow!

According to Environment Canada, this was the second coldest December on record. The coldest was back in the 1880s. I woke up to -25, windchill warning of -40. If I don't have to go out, I ain't going out. I will stay in my house and drink tea. Copious amounts of soothing tea.

Now, yes I am a Manitoban, and yes I am used to it. But the bone chilling cold usually does NOT last for weeks and weeks on end..we normally will have periods where it's only -12 -16 C, and you can get out and go skiiing and stuff like that. Not now you can't. Even the ski-doo people are staying inside!

:cold::cold::cold::cold::cold::cold::cold::cold:

We went down to -10F here in coastal Maine last night, which is equal to -23C, according to the online convertor.

I remember when we lived near Pittsburgh years ago, we had a week when the daily high was below zero every day. My 4 year old insisted on playing in the snow every day. I'd ask if he was warm and check by having him come to the door so I could make sure. He had, and still has, a body like a furnace. He'd play outside for an hour and I'd make him come in. When the big kids came home from school he'd go out again and play in the snow with them for another hour or so.

When we lived in OH our rule for the kids was that they could stay outside for one minute for every degree the temp was, and then come in for the same amount of time.

Our wonky weather started out overcast and warmer this AM (in spite of a bright red sunset last night) but it was cleared up and beginning to chill again.

The wind is howling, its 48 degrees out and sunny. Go figure its January! Last year to day it was -20...how do I remember? That's the day I broke the tendon in my middle finger of my right hand while trying to open my frozen car door handle.......owie! Anyway, I hope everyone who is getting snowed upon stays safe.
We are heading down to the negative numbers tonight so I am going to enjoy the day! :)

• Like 1

We're under a severe weather watch--predicting 4-8 inches of snow (at least it's so cold the snow is light and not likely to take the power lines down again), and severe wind chills up to (down to?) -25, so we're better off than our Canadian friends.