So how is the weather where you're at ?

Stacey6163

We're supposed to get up to 40 F today with rain. On top of killer wind chills on Monday and Tuesday, yesterday felt warm at 20! Right now freezing drizzle on the packed snow from earlier. At least the salt treatments are working again with the warmer temps.

Ohhhhhh Selkie....care to share that crock pot recipe? I am so bored with my food! I can't eat a lot of things but I can modify :)

Be glad to. It came with the new crock pot I got for Christmas.

I tampered with it just a tiny bit to suit our family so I'll write the original and put my changes in parenthesis.

Crockpot Basil Chicken - makes 4-6 servings

1 lb. boneless chicken cut in cubes

1 can (4oz) drained, sliced mushrooms (I left this out b'cuz we don't care for cooked mushrooms)

1/2 cup chopped onion

3 cloves garlic, minced (I cut this down to 1 clove)

1/4 cup white wine

2 TBS lemon juice

2 TBS Italian seasoning (I use my own mix - don't use the purchased kind)

1/2 teas salt

1/4 teas black pepper (I'm a little heavy with the pepper)

Combine in crockpot and cook on low for 4 hours.

Just before serving cook and combine the finishing ingredients

Cook and drain 8 oz penne

Chop 3 TBS fresh basil

3 TBS fat free half and half (I used regular cream b'cuz that's what I had on hand)

1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese

Add to chicken mix and stir gently.

Serve with salad, biscuits, and a fresh veggie.

I can't attest to how it tasted b'cuz I'm a vegetarian and only ate the plain leftover penne and the rest of the fixings but there was none left which usually means everyone liked it!!

• Like 1

Thanks Selkie! I can leave out the onions and put in the mushrooms!!! I have to leave out half of what most recipes call for but this looks like its doable.
I have to leave out the wine, the lemon juice and the onions and pepper...does that leave anything to eat? LOL

70's? Wow. Holly, you do realize I swim...in lakes...when the temp is in the 70s?

Gonna go swim?

No, Barbara, no swimming; 70 is the air temp. I don't go into water colder that 75-80F unless I roll my kayak.

Fog here. Dense fog.

We drove home in medium fog last night. It has been raining all night, so the fog is hanging at treetop height this AM.

I brought in outdoor Xmas today, it's -6C so I could work outside without mitts/gloves (makes it easier to take down the lights and garlands). Unfortunately, we are now supposed to get snow with the possibilty of freezing rain. I hate freezing rain.

It is in the 50's and pouring down rain here :rain: , the snow has all melted and been replaced with mud , ugh ! But it's supposed to get colder and snow again soon so the mud will be history for awhile. These temp changes are really messing with my asthma and COPD , hopefully they'll straighten up and I can avoid a trip to the doctor . :yes:

The first job I worked out of Nursing School was the respiratory unit at Tallahassee Memorial, so all of y'all with COPD please take extra care during this funky weather! The all-day rain we were supposed to have decided to go elsewhere this afternoon, so DH & I grabbed a quick trip to run errands. For supper tonight I'm making aloo palak, but trying turnip greens in place of spinach to see how we like it.