So how is the weather where you're at ?

Stacey6163

Being on a work-related trip wayyyy up north in Sweden right now it is interesting that the temps are actually around the same as back home in the southern parts of Sweden. It is usually way colder up here compared to home.

No luck in catching the midnight sun though, but gorgeous scenery never the less.

Hugs

Once again we attempted to see a space launch at Cape Canaveral from our beach in Florida. The skies are perfectly clear and the weather just required a sweater. Too bad the launch was scrubbed! It's now set for tomorrow night. I sure hope the weather will be as perfect as it was today.

Another perfect day for the launch so our neighbors and I trekked down to the beach again for the launch. It was scrubbed again due to high level winds. Trying again tomorrow. Hopefully, third time's a charm.

It's warmer this morning!  Thermometer showed "10"!   :D   (the other morning it was -2)

Bright and cheery- and the new bit of snow makes it really pretty.  And thankfully the wind has stopped!

On the down side: my kitchen pipes are still frozen.  Have been since last Thursday.  :/

• Like 1

I hope none of you are planning a Florida vacation later this week. In south Florida our lows will be 34! That's going to kill the iguanas. They get cold and just drop out of the trees and die. There will also be fish kills. Dead fish will floating on the lakes and the city will have to scoop them all up. It can get really stinky. It's just suppose to be this cold for one night so hopefully it won't be too bad. It's really late in the season for it to get really cold down here. It's normally a Dec or Jan event.

Been below zero for ages around here. We had one day where it got to about 10 above and we felt like breaking out our shorts and swim suits!! It felt so different - not kidding about this statement.

It's amazing what a change of 20 degrees at that temp can feel like.

I do love snow and wish we had more but this below zero and ice business, well, I'm just about done with for this year.

• Like 1

Here on the Gulf Coast it went into the 20Fs last night & forecast again for tonight, and I don't think out of the 30'fs today (yesterday it got to nearly 40F), and for these old southern bones that's COLD!

Not as bad as forecast, Kathie; we got into the 50s, but the new cold front in due in tonight, with temps dropping back into the 20Fs and low 40Fs still for tomorrow.  I'll take 50s instead of 30s any day!  One of our stops was to get the oil changed in my car and for whatever reason after I went to sit in the car when the man told us it was almost ready, it took them another half hour of fooling with it, all the while with windows open and a breeze blowing straight through the bay.