So how is the weather where you're at ?

Stacey6163

Here in Northeast Indiana we have had rain all weekend but calling for a drastic drop in temps tonight. Snow starting tomorrow night possible 5" of snow then windy and below zero temps. Oh how wonderful. not, for returning to work. I Love the snow as long as I can stay in the house with some hot cocoa and watch it but I don't like going out in it.

-46 windchill. The entire province is under a windchill warning.

When my dad was still able to work, he spent a lot of his workday outdoors, and so he had the correct gear (it's still miserable even properly geared up at -46, make no mistake about that).

He is in end stage COPD now, and does not leave the house even in summer. Leaves his room only to go to the bathroom really (his choice)

The next time I am at my parents, I shall go through the back closet and bag up all his winter wear and take it to a men's shelter in the city, where it will be MOST welcome. I dropped a small seed in his mind this Christmas, as he is very possessive and has a hard time letting go of anything he deems his.

It's a Winnie the Pooh day here - frigid and blustery - feels like my old farmhouse is shaking to pieces and then it's quiet as can be - eerily so. Pooh and gang would be having a scary and mysterious hunt for the reason. Can you tell Grammy reads a lot of stories? tee hee hee

• Like 1

Winnie the Pooh Day.......cute Selkie!   Its strangely warm today......by warm I mean it made it above freezing!  I discovered that the snow must be melting on the roof the vent in the bathroom is dripping.   I think we have a leak!  

I thought this could be the case also but its so dry here and its still dripping the next day and there hasn't been a shower in there for 24 hours.  Any moisture left over from a shower is dry in about 15 minutes.  I am worried because there is a water stain forming around the vent in the ceiling.  

It is another windy/rainy day over here today and there are class 2 storm warnings issued for the afternoon-night time span so am happy being inside and keeping fingers crossed it won't get as bad as hinted...

Hugs

The wind spirits are walking and talking out there this morning!  But it's still warm enough to sit on the patio with a light jacket so I'm not going to complain about the wind.  Our morning low was 55 about an hour ago and it should be up to around 75 today.  On days like this when I know that Colorado and the rest of the country are locked in frigid temps, it makes me ever so grateful that we were blessed with the opportunity to move back to Arizona.  I'm sending warm thoughts of sunshine to everyone who's locked in that arctic cold.  Stay safe everyone.  

• Like 1

B-r-r-r-r-r-r!!!!  That's awful cold for you guys Debra!!  I'm glad that you're inside and staying warm.  I'm not sure what's better........the sight of the new workbench of a hubby who makes you breakfast!  LOL!!  

• Like 1

Mmmmmm.............bacon.  I'm not a coffee drinker but there are two smells that I associate with warmth and security on a cold morning; bacon and coffee.  My dad loved to make breakfast on weekends and he'd do things like pancakes or biscuits and gravy.  That man knew how to fry bacon perfectly too.   

Selkie, I'm so sorry that it's that cold there coz I know how much that hurts your body.  Stay warm and take good care of yourself.  Hot soaks in the bathtub with epsom salts are the best way I know of to help that all over inflammation, especially in your recovering knee.  <tucking a warm quilt around you and getting you a cup of herbal tea with honey>  Be extra good to yourself today.

Selkie, I'm so sorry that it's that cold there coz I know how much that hurts your body.  Stay warm and take good care of yourself.  Hot soaks in the bathtub with epsom salts are the best way I know of to help that all over inflammation, especially in your recovering knee.  <tucking a warm quilt around you and getting you a cup of herbal tea with honey>  Be extra good to yourself today.

Thanks Deb. I guess since I'm a Selkie I should be used to the cold but since I'm currently in my human form, I don't tolerate the cold very well. I need to go find my skin!   hahaha

Cold, damp, and cloudy!  I feel like I am back in upstate NY with this gray weather!   Did I say damp???   This is a desert!!!   Oh, I forgot to mention FOG!   What's with that?  Anyway,  I suppose the moisture of any kind is good for the desert especially next summer when its so dry you can't get enough moisture together to spit ( not that I spit a lot)  :p

• Like 2

Warmer here today, of course that is relative. We got some ice chopped and got some more paths made that are safer for me to walk on. I'm sure it was quite a sight :eek: to the passers-by to see an old lady with a shovel and ice chopper in one hand and a cane in the other. Not that I really should have been out there doing it. :whistle:

• Like 1