So how is the weather where you're at ?

Stacey6163

Snow melting, down to about 1 to 2 feet deep, woodpeckers rattling throughout the woods, skunks skunking. The other day driving home I had to go through skunky areas 4 times. I'd keep rolling down the windows to get the smell out of the car.

Isn't skunk awful? I've never smelled so many since I moved to NC, LOL! What I do is buy these little car jars of scent from Yankee Candle which helps kill the funkiness. I like the citrus sage and the McIntosh apple scents, and I bought some the last time I was in Cracker Barrel.

This weather is cra-cra. Yesterday we had about 15 minutes of nonstop sleet. I was working in our church life center under a tin roof. The intensity of the sleet and wind howling was unnerving. It did not even rain before or after the sleet storm! Now its in the 30s and I have friends with two OUTDOOR weddings today and my SIL is a groomsman in one of them. Guess who is not going? Scheduling an outdoor wedding in March is high risk. I hate it for them.

Blustery morning but quite cool and comfortable. Afternoon is still breezy and sunny. A perfect spring cleaning day. Took a load of RL trim and boards to the dump. I decided I need a contractor to make the garage repairs. Our city has gotten very sticky about pulling permits, even on small repairs. The garage needs electrical updates besides everything else so next week I'm going to try finding a contractor who will do a small job. Hard to find someone like that now. After the housing crash, most skilled workers moved away so it's hard finding anyone for this type of work.

Blustery morning but quite cool and comfortable. Afternoon is still breezy and sunny. A perfect spring cleaning day. Took a load of RL trim and boards to the dump. I decided I need a contractor to make the garage repairs. Our city has gotten very sticky about pulling permits, even on small repairs. The garage needs electrical updates besides everything else so next week I'm going to try finding a contractor who will do a small job. Hard to find someone like that now. After the housing crash, most skilled workers moved away so it's hard finding anyone for this type of work.

Around my area, you can contact the local Technical schools for assistance. Sometimes they are looking for smaller jobs for their students and ones that include more than one skill set. Sounds like your would be perfect for something like that. Not sure how far in advance you  need to book your job with them or whether it's too late in the school season, but it is usually more economical and done very well since it is for their classes and supervised extremely closely.  

A grey and rainy morning and a bit chilly so far, so knitted socks and a cardigan is the way to keep warm today :)

Need to take care of a few chores and after that I am aiming for mini-ing time....

Hugs

Awoke to the heat on again.  I finished the embroidered embellishments on the top from the thrift store so today I'll cast on for the longjohns' lower back and try to work in some shop time to finish cutting out the commode seat & lid and trace off the fridge pattern in the latest issue of Miniature Collector onto a piece of basswood.  Normally I flip through it at the newsstand, but this issue had several things I can see using.

Everyone lives someplace that at least once a year has the perfect day. The last week in March in south Florida is the best time to have a wedding, go to the beach, or just sit outside listening to smooth upbeat jazz and zen music.

An large humm just came from my AC as it just turned on and wrecked the moment....gotta go turn it OFF.