So how is the weather where you're at ?

Stacey6163

High 70s yesterday. Got sunburned at the Mardi Gras Indians Super Sunday Parade. Hit 80 today. It was HOT walking around in the French Quarter. Our friends left tonight, so tomorrow we're back to ordinary routine.

Two weeks ago we were snow and ice, and now its 80. Back to mid-fifties tomorrow for a couple of days. But oh how I loved hearing all the lawn mowers last evening when I got home.

Two weeks ago we were snow and ice, and now its 80. Back to mid-fifties tomorrow for a couple of days. But oh how I loved hearing all the lawn mowers last evening when I got home.

Nothing says summer like the fragrance of newly mowed grass. 

• Like 2

Three weeks ago we bought a tomato seedling and a jalapeno pepper seedling in peat pots and set them into big planter pots on the back porch, and they're already close to a foot high!

• Like 1

We got to 35 today. It feels "hot" to us but to all you southern bunnies it probaby doesn't. The kids went out to recess with no coats on! Compared to our minus figures for so-o-o long, it is a heat wave.

last night around 9 30 we had a most beautiful display of Northern Lights. I freeze dried my hair (it was -5 by 9 30) trying to photograph them. Apparently they were even more spectacular at 3AM. I was awake....but I wasn't happy about being awake....

Another gorgeous day, unseasonably warm.  We started outrunning have-to errands on our way to ride on the back Country Trail in Orange Beach and got distracted with all sorts of attractive nuisances (aka thrift stores).

And it's hit. When I got up this AM, it was misty. That changed to rain, then freezing rain and then around 1 the heavy wet snow started. Been snowing heavy since about 3. Put the car condoms on, so while they got sopping wet it is still easier to peel those off them to try and brush off heavy wet snow. Esp since it indeed looks like we are getting the full 20 cms they threatened us with.

It's nearly time for the early April snowstorm. It seems as if every year the upper Midwest gets hit with a snowstorm after April 1 that surprises everyone. It especially surprises my friend NJ in Missouri, who pushes to get her spring garden planted and mulched by April 15 -- at least a month ahead of normal folk. :D  She raked and spread pre-emergent herbicides on the lawn last week and has the annual purchase of lawn and garden chemicals stashed in her garage.  I regularly rag on her about her overuse of chemicals poisoning our drinking water (which comes from the Missouri River) but she remains staunch in her habits. Yesterday their part of the country got 2" hail. She was surprised -- and will be surprised yet again when the inevitable April storm hits. Such short memories! Me, I'm all for having Mother Nature wake up the garden before I dirty a rake or trowel.

• Like 1