Spring Fling 2013

When I first started this contest I believe the deadline was Memorial Day. Then, the 4th of July. Now, we have ALL summer. I would rather start late, like this (still hoping for an April announcenent) and have all summer.

Think of all the details GL could be working on this very minute. A set of stairs unlike any we have seen, getting a special front door to fit the greatest footprint ever, figuring out how to make a certain something work in TWO different scales, how to add a third option that allows for the kit to be used yet another way..........just imagine the amazing things they are working on this very day.

• Like 4

First, I adore Greenleaf, Dean & company and all they do for us. I am grateful for this forum and all the fun had here.

I don't run a dollhouse kit company or sponsor a contest like Greenleaf does, so I have no idea what goes into the planning stages.

But, for me and my childlike impatience, :D I think it would be more fun if they planned the new kit/contest without setting a date or saying anything until it is ready. Then, they could make it a surprise. Or, even say "keep checking this coming week for an announcement!" and have it released within that week. I would definitely check in more often to see. In this way there wouldn't be the delay that seems to come every year. The anticipation is fun for a short time, but feeling like it's continually "late" gets frustrating. Just my 2 cents. :2cents:

• Like 1

I adore Greenleaf and Dean. They do so much for us! The forum is THE GREATEST and the contests are fun.

But I am not adoring the wait again this year. Is it going to be like last year where it was ready, not ready? I would rather they let us hang for a week at most. Or just surprise us. Maybe it is just me being impatient, but I am getting turned off by all this. I do understand and apprieciate that Dean and company want to make it perfect for us. Maybe I am just being a crab...but I just want to see it. Every time I check in and there isn't an anoouncement it is like here we go again. Of course this is just the way I feel. Not trying to stir the pot.

• Like 1

I love Greenleaf for everything they do for Springfling. Everytime they are late I can't believe what a beautifull piece they made for Springfling, and I hope they are having fun also with the preparation. I'm convinced they could make something easy and have it finished earlier, but I'm glad they make such a lot of work of the Springfling. So for now looking forward for Springfling, glad whe get all summer because maybe I'll finish in time this time,LOL and checking everyday for news.

• Like 1

Maybe they need to start planning the next one as soon as they release the current one so the next one is ready on time.

Maybe they need a time management class or an anti-procrastinator class.

Maybe what they really need is to get more help in their design department.

If they can't afford to hire someone,

I'm willing to bet there are several dozen of us that would be glad to volunteer in lieu of entering the contest,

just to make it possible to keep on a reasonable time table.

It would reduce the ever increasing levels of discouragement and frustration for the majority.

It would be fun to brainstorm with them and see how the whole process works.

After all, "Spring" Fling really does need to be in the "Spring" !!!

The first day of summer isn't until June 21st! Do you really want to tempt fate??? They said April, and there is still some April left. Heck, this is one of my favorites, saying I'll do it on Tuesday, but just not saying "which" Tuesday. Oh no, :nono: they didn't say which April!!! :lol:

If you think about it, those of you who are disgruntled, nobody's holding a gun to your head to make you keep checking. You know the wait will be worth it. Until then, practice a little patience, work on your other minis, and enjoy life!

• Like 3

this thread is making me smile.....just think of it as The Greenleaf Fling and leave spring out of it....

Im just looking forward to seeing the same thing turned into SO many different things by all the talented builders here!!

:punk::bounce8::punk:

• Like 5

Maybe they are figuring out the best technique for a spiral staircase that would fit into the tall thin 2 story kit that will be available in 1:12 & 1:24 scale. ;-) Ohh let's add front opening with tall half round bay windows. /swoon my dreams!!!!!!!!

• Like 1

Maybe they are waiting until it is really ready--I recall last year they did some sneak peeks and there was grumbling when it didn't make it into the finished design...

Maybe they are waiting for Selkie to finish cleaning her craft room!!--If it were dependent on mine, we would never get to Fling!

Just a note--I always start with the Shopping page before coming into the Community page. If I still see the "18" & "78" on the new products & exclusive pages, with no new Spring 2013 link then I know the chatter is just going to be chatter and not announcement! There has to be a link before we can be directed there to make our purchases!!

Savor the anticipation! It has no calories!

And it would be neat if the Fling or other event were a contest to design a new kit, etc. But in these days of copyright and design stuff, it could get very complicated.

Tappy

• Like 2

Over here it is still just nearing into spring so.... The waiting is for me reallypart of the fun and really fuels the mini energy to finish some of the ongping projects as to clearup some possible working space :wub:

Hugs

• Like 2

Lol @ Tappy,

Yes that's it they ARE waiting for Selkie to clean up her craft room. Yoohoo Selkie, come on girl get a move on you are holding everything up - get that craft room organised so Greenleaf can release the Spring Fling.

• Like 3

Maybe they are waiting for Selkie to finish cleaning her craft room!!--If it were dependent on mine, we would never get to Fling!

Savor the anticipation! It has no calories!

Tappy

Love the no calorie reminder - wanna save up those calories for the good stuff !!!

Lol @ Tappy,

Yes that's it they ARE waiting for Selkie to clean up her craft room. Yoohoo Selkie, come on girl get a move on you are holding everything up - get that craft room organised so Greenleaf can release the Spring Fling.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ OH NO ~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Oh boy ... this pressure is just terrible !!!!

Yikes-o-schmikes-o !!

I had NO idea the announcement was dependent on me ....

:offhead: Off with my head, I fear.

Well, as to a report of progress - um - er - well - ah - hm-m-m ....

Lots of work has been done in the 3 areas (sewing, studio, crafts) and a ton of shuffling around of piles and boxes and furniture have taken place.

(Although on a positive note, my woodworking area got 97% done last Fall and has stayed mostly clean-ish still at 90% I'd speculate).

A couple areas are somewhat organized but overall, I'm afraid to report that it is quite a bit away from being completed.

>>>>>> :chase: Ducking and running as fast as my old crippled legs can run >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

It's been spring break this week for the kiddos and we've been doing some YMCA day camp for a couple hours 3 days this week and then swimming lessons every single afternoon.

Weeks off like this do affect my progress - slowing it in some respects (we have to do kid fun things) and aiding it in others (I have heavy item carriers available).

We've got the kids craft area about 95% set up and their new computer area for homework and games about 80% set up. (computer's been in the shop for 6 weeks :glare: ).

Also I have the plaster repair and painting almost done in the RL bathroom - done this week too. Just have one coat of paint left on one shelf and it's complete.

So guys and gals, I have been VERY busy. Hope that counts for something.

Um, Dean, would you stop looking over my shoulder at my messy studio/craft/sewing rooms pretty please with Spring Fling on it?

It's just too much pressure for one old lady. :compress:

• Like 1

Oh that's easy.

Just watch a session of The Hoarders TV series but confine it to just one end of the upstairs of an old creaky country colonial house and fill it with only all manner of sewing stuff, crafts of all venues, miniatures and all their scraps we save for possible projects, and toss in all my fine art supplies - mix in a dose of everyone else's junk they don't know where to put away and you have it !!!!!

TA DA

BTW - NO photo will be posted in it's "before" condition. Too embarrassing.

• Like 4

Oh that's easy.

Just watch a session of The Hoarders TV series but confine it to just one end of the upstairs of an old creaky country colonial house and fill it with only all manner of sewing stuff, crafts of all venues, miniatures and all their scraps we save for possible projects, and toss in all my fine art supplies - mix in a dose of everyone else's junk they don't know where to put away and you have it !!!!!

TA DA

BTW - NO photo will be posted in it's "before" condition. Too embarrassing.

The bigger the mess, the greater the artist :)

Let's get real. You are right Selkie, it's a disaster area, but........guaranteed, it looks like a gold mine to the rest of us. No doubt there are people here with technically bigger messes than yours and you would trade! Make a list of everything in a pile, post it and watch people drool. I stand behind my belief. The bigger the mess.............. (bet none of you knew I was a world famous artist)

• Like 2

Thanks everyone for validating the stuff and the mess.

Love knowing that everyone else has the same problems.

Addicts helping addicts.

Let's bring on the Spring Fling 2013 and get ready to Fling on.

Selkie, I am right there with you!! I can barely get into the craft room right now and it has sort of spilled over into the living room (took some stuff out where I could actually sit down and sort it!!). I would be absolutely horrified it I had to post photos of it!! --Thank you for taking the ribbing in the good natured way it was intended!!...

And, for those who are counting...only 9 more days left in April (counting today)!! If we get an April release on the Spring Fling, it could be very soon!!...If we get a "Spring Release" only 60 days to go!! (Until first day of Summer!!)...

Now, if I had to make a guess, I would say Miss Scarlet in the Library with a Candlestick!--Oops, wrong guessing game!--I'll go with 4/28/13 release date, 1" scale, and I can't remember the rest of the categories!!

Tappy