Spring Fling 2013

I swore I would NOT look at this thread again until after the 1st of April. But here I am, wondering - what will it be? will I be able to enter? do I have the time to dedicate to it? :popcorn: But most of all - What Is It??? What if I take one look at it and hate it? OH! that was a good one - to hate a miniature!! :roflmao:

• Like 4

Yep. We're all gonna hate it this year :) I know it's exciting and we all want it now. But I have to do the have fun until it arrives thing. I really do put alot of effort into my idea book beforehand. It's worked ok. I definitely found out last year that my idea after all the photos came out wasn't even close to a single idea in my book. Then, when the kit arrived, it became yet another idea and it even changed scale. It was crazy I tell ya!

• Like 1

only 3 more days to go. :bounce:

From your lips to Dean's ears! You're assuming an April 1 reveal, but it may not happen until further into the month.

With two major builds in progress (heavily bashed Pierce and Beacon Hill), I'd not planned to get involved with the Spring Fling. But somehow I keep coming back to this thread for updates. I keep telling myself that I'm just curious as to what it will be. Uh huh.

• Like 3

Especially if it can be bashed onto either the Pierce or the Beacon Hill (running and hiding before she finds the tomatos!)

You'll never see it coming ... :rofl:

• Like 1

If I was given permission, I would. It changes so much from the moment we start with ideas and the the kit and then refinements happen. It's different this week from the pics last week. I *think* it's in the final stage though now but, tomorrow it could be different already. I love it though! I think you all will too :)

• Like 1

Sooo......I just got my dreamhouse, a Beacon Hill, on craigslist for $40. I am in dollhouse heaven and STILL excited for the FLING. What is wrong with me?

Sounds normal to me! Congrats!

• Like 1

:please: We're dying here..........sneakpeaksneakpeaksneakpeak. Who am I kidding?? If the kit resembles an old shoe I'll be entering the contest.I don't need a sneak peak...I'm done, I'm there,I'm in.......ooooooooo,pleeeeeease.

• Like 2

All that pleading,begging,crying,threatening that I just did .......and it didn't post???? OMG!!

:please::please: Just a sneak peak..a crumb..a teaser..a shadow..a stick drawing....but I embarrasse myself-I have no pride,no shame,no class..

and so I continue to beg,plead etc.for a spot of sunshine in an otherwise drab life (What Drama!!) One peek-that's all, I promise,scout's honor.What??

No?? Oh....cruel world...I'm dying,fading..can't breathe..vision fading..hearing going. Well...until April anyway!!

• Like 3

:please: We're dying here..........sneakpeaksneakpeaksneakpeak. Who am I kidding?? If the kit resembles an old shoe I'll be entering the contest.I don't need a sneak peak...I'm done, I'm there,I'm in......ooooooooo,pleeeeeease.

Llyn,

Your post has cracked me up all day. I keep thinking of how creative an old shoe kit could be! Of course the obvious old woman.....but how about there was an old cat, or rabbit? Even if.......even if the kit is crazy, it won't be after us crazy flingers get ahold of it :) You are so right!

• Like 2

I have the perfect idea for the Spring Fling, fitting with the Easter weather we are having......... I will build an Easter Egg Snow Iglo with built in central heathing and room for the easter bunny to hide from the snow!

• Like 3

I'm not ready yet so it's OK with me.

I need to finish the big project for church that I'm in the middle of (has to be done by this Sat).

Then I need to finish the cleaning project on my workspace (that will take longer - ugh).

Once they announce it, I'll get way too distracted so I'm hoping they will wait about a week and a half before announcing it.

<<Ducking and running for cover >>>

I think I need to stop checking in at GL until I'm done the 2 things so I won't be tempted to "peek" !!

But we all know that won't happen - I just can't stay away for very long.

In lack of eye candy Inhave started to map out/make a rough sketch of the lighthouse cellar exterior set of stairs...

Neeeeeeeed eyecandy, pretty please?!?

Hugs :wub:

• Like 2