Spring Fling 2013

what are they building?

I told him it was a new structure no one has seen before and than he said oh thats too bad..

:banana::bounce::banana:

I wonder what this could be ?? new structure...no one has seen before....mh

isnt that how they have been doing it???

it doesnt really matter to me cuz whatever they choose to use for a starting point I know where Im going with it...lol

isnt that how they have been doing it???

it doesnt really matter to me cuz whatever they choose to use for a starting point I know where Im going with it...lol

That's what I said last year. Ha! I mean, it was an idea I could bash out of ANYTHING. Except the kit they announced. No way. Oh well. It told me it wanted to be a 1/2" scale barn, which worked perfect. It will be fun to see if your idea takes hold or if the kit insists it is something different :)

• Like 1

I have learned from mini bitter experiences that if the kit tells you what it wants to be, it doesn't matter what ideas you might have had for it!

True! Mz Chantilly and I didn't speak to each other for years as she didn't like the idea I had in mind when starting out....

Hugs

• Like 1

Last year's spring fling had me stumped. I had no pre-planned ideas and waited until I saw what it would be. When I saw it I had one idea and one idea only, I waited for a month before starting because I was sure more inspiration would come if I stared long enough but no, nothing so I ended up running with my one and only idea and I am so glad I did. I love that build and really enjoyed doing it. So for me, I have to do what the kit suggests or my mind goes blank.

• Like 1

Last year's spring fling had me stumped. I had no pre-planned ideas and waited until I saw what it would be. When I saw it I had one idea and one idea only, I waited for a month before starting because I was sure more inspiration would come if I stared long enough but no, nothing so I ended up running with my one and only idea and I am so glad I did. I love that build and really enjoyed doing it. So for me, I have to do what the kit suggests or my mind goes blank.

I had to go back and look at your SF because its one of my favorites. I just got inspired all over again!

You all are so right about "what the house says it wants." :)

• Like 2

Haven't gotten very far on that studio clean up project. Need a kick in the seat of the pants so I can get ready for Flinging ....

Anybody got a boot big enough to reach across the miles and give a kick ????

You people are all driving me crazy!!! Every time I see a new post in this topic I think someone has learned something about the Spring Fling! Guess not......keep checkin'......sooner or later........it will happen.... *sigh*.

Hahahahaha! I feel like a lurker BECAUSE I don't want to comment when I stop because I am the same way every time I see a new one. Does someone know anything? Anything at all? No. Once again, I take off, commentless, leaving the last comment made to remain the 'disappointing one'. Like back before caller ID and you wanted a specific call. It's your friend, for the 80th time that day. Dang! It's not like you don't want to talk to him/her, but...........

Sorry folks. It's JUST me.

Hey, I have an idea . - maybe we should start a wager type contest as to the day and time.

The pot can grow until it's the announcement time.

That way we will want it to be later rather than sooner so the pot will get bigger.

Then the winner gets to have extra bucks for building/decorating/furnishing their Spring Fling 2013.

Of course, I don't believe in gambling so I'm not quite sure how to do that without it looking like gambling.

Well and then there is how to be sure we don't end up having the IRS "join" in.

Just thinking it would change our outlook from wanting it right away if we make ourselves a carrot to strive for.

sigh ....

Still looking for that kick in the seat of the pants to ready my studio ... any takers ??

... I don't dare ask my family cuz they'll bruise me with kicks cuz they think it's such a pigsty.

Pools are gambling, and I'm guessing GL would shut it down and understandably so. :eek:

But what about a guessing game. The winner gets the satisfaction of having guessed right (if any of us even gets close) :)

So let me see, :hmm: I'll stick my neck out and start: I think it will be a two-story tower of some type.

What's your guess? :bounce:

Well I keep thinking tall and skinny. That would fit a two or even three story tower. As for timing, we haven't even had a sneak peak yet. That means two weeks. At least. And a thought that keeps going through my head.......my birthday. May 2nd. Same as Dean. Dean's birthday! That's when they'll announce it. (Don't they do birthday coupons and such at HBS?)

This year they're keeping quiet. No one's telling us anything. I was taught 'no news is good news'. It WILL be worth the wait.

• Like 2

Okay, so lets set a few categories for guessing.

1. Date

2. Time

3. Scale

4. Style

Anything else?

So everyone should post 4 guesses (or more if someone thinks of something else).

We'll see where it goes from there.

Winners announced following the "big announcement"

Anyone interested in keeping track of these things?

As in - 12 guesses for 4/15, 42 guesses for 1:12 scale, etc.

May 2

AM. First thing in the day. We'll say 11am Eastern.

Unfortunately, 1" scale. (I want 1/2" so bad I figure no way)

Tall & skinny. Small footprint. Like 2011 would have been had I not added and bashed and added and bashed.....

For the tie breaker :) There will be a total of 11 items including the kit, if you ordered one of everything.

1. Date - Monday 4/22

2. Time - 12:01 AM (so we know when we get up)

3. Scale - 1:12 and 1:24 options

4. Style - Single story

Add-ons - at least 3

Yes, an email usually is sent out, to anyone on the Greenleaf mailing list. I know it's not only forum members, and if you're a member but not on the Greenleaf list, not sure if you'll get one (or possible, may be that you're signed up for newsletter when you register...)

But like Holly said, at the very least, there will be an announcement topic here on the forum.