My Project The Carson Manison By Ron's Dollhouses.

rojam18801

...Getting old sure ain't what it's cracked up to be - it surely isn't for the young. They don't have enough stamina to put up with all the "old peoples stuff" !...

DIL#2 is a marathon runner; her complaint is that whenever we come for a visit we walk her feet off! After the first couple of times she went to her coach to ask how people twice her age could outwalk her and he explained she doesn't use the same muscles we do. I reminded her we've been walking and hiking a lot longer than she's been running marathons.

Well,after watching(YES,only watching!) my ex run 10ks and at least one marathon for years,I'd much rather do the walking and hiking-not that I really care to do ANY of it,but my hat is off to your daughter-in-law! At least she isn't sitting on her rumpus!!lol

...ok i just have to ask, what is a mahl stick...

Ron, it's a stick that's padded on one end that you can rest your hand on so it stays off the surface of the painting, and you can hold and control the brush without the shakes. Google for images to see how it works.

• 2 weeks later...

Here are a few updated photos ,the tower photo was just posted today to my Facebook page along with a story of me and my doll houses from Ocala good life magazine, the last photo is of the front of the mansion , thanks for following along , I will continue to share photo's as the progress continue's, Ron

post-6257-0-47145000-1389455136_thumb.jp

post-6257-0-82976700-1389455146_thumb.jp

post-6257-0-29916400-1389455158_thumb.jp

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Here are some updated photo's, ( my son kept bugging me to take some updated shots to share), its coming along pretty good now, still alot of work to be done but its slowly coming along,

thanks for following!, Ronpost-6257-0-57860000-1391366869_thumb.jppost-6257-0-41639700-1391366887_thumb.jppost-6257-0-61991400-1391366905_thumb.jppost-6257-0-39704500-1391366926_thumb.jp

• Like 3

You are so lucky that you have a hobby you love. I know many retirees who have NO clue what to do with themselves. They practically climb the walls and have to get part-time jobs. No way! I say retire all the way and fill your days with whatever you love! You're setting a really good example. :D

• Like 1

When DH & I retired we hit the ground running (he quit after discovering in order to compete he had to run every single day, and it cut into all our other activities!). We will celebrate our 10th year of retirement this summer. I've worn slap out two pairs of hiking boots, a pair of Berkie sandals (second pair is about gone)and two pairs of Teva sandals I wore for paddling my kayak. We have to keep a calendar just to remember our doctors' appointments (I got a pacemaker when I was 67; the battery was supposed to be good for 10 years but now they're talking about changing it out sooner because we're so active).

• Like 1