My Project The Carson Manison By Ron's Dollhouses.

rojam18801

• 1 month later...

i have been working on the windows while i wait for the glue to dry on the brickwork. there are 46 windows in this house and 5 different sizes. when the windows are finished i can start the siding and all the fancy trim.

here is the fireplace in the ballroom. starting to look like one too.

post-6257-0-20476700-1377003976_thumb.jp

post-6257-0-19797600-1377003987_thumb.jp

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Attached are 2 photo's of the carson dollhouse, i am uploading these for my father so i'm not sure on what all detail i need to be posting,if you have any question's just ask and my father (Ron) will reply with a answer, just updating everybody here with the progress of the build,....how do you like the wood work on the front & the colors?? :)

post-6257-0-93067600-1387033458_thumb.jp

post-6257-0-83394800-1387033475_thumb.jp

• Like 1

Ron, the house is coming along beautifully! I just compared these photos with the ones in post #31. It's always a treat to see your progress.

The gray is a stately color. Will you be aging it a bit or introducing other colors with it? Considering the overall detailing on the house, I'm guessing you may want to let the ornate woodwork shine.

kathie, i would like to paint more of the fancy woodwork with more colors to make it really stand out. but i am old and have the shakey hand thing going on. mostly i make a mess with the paint.

Ron, I am old and have shaky hands, too; masking tape works for me.

• Like 1

Old ??? Hm-m-m-m ??? Let's see, I'm right up there with the dirt thing !!

As to the shaky hands, well, arthritis and the jitters make a terrific combination for messes - just ask me how I know!!

Not 5 minutes ago, I threw a craft project on the floor in exasperation because I couldn't stop my hand from jiggling and some other fingers were locked up in "the claw" position and I could not, for the life of me, make the two pieces I was trying to glue, line up and stick. sigh ...

Getting old sure ain't what it's cracked up to be - it surely isn't for the young. They don't have enough stamina to put up with all the "old peoples stuff" !

hahahahahaha (ducking now and running as fast as I can hobble!)

PS - Love watching how your progress is moving along. Congrats!

• Like 1