Hello All,

Ever since I was a little girl, I have loved playing with dollhouses, playhouses and puppet theaters.  The surreal time we are all living in with this pandemic has made me reflect and look back at the fond memories and nostalgia for a simpler time of endless hours of fun playtime.  Even though I haven't built a wooden dollhouse kit since I was 12-years-old, I have always been the crafty DIYer type of person that enjoys to do projects, so doing an advanced house wouldn't overwhelm me nor using an x-acto knife scare me. 

Recently, I purchased a wonderful turn-of-the-century "Grande Dame" house, but it needs fixing up after a long time of neglect by previous owners.  Thus, I thought why not do the home restoration along with building a miniature house concurrently.  My friends and significant other think I am crazy, but I know that I will find all the support here.  There are plans that I have been considering and open to any of your suggestions.   I have been a long time lurker of this forum and have enjoyed reading many of your posts, the information has been very informative.  Thank you for reading.

• Like 2

Welcome Adriana! Which Carolina? North or South? I'm in the Midlands of SC. Yes you can start a gallery album after you have made 5 posts. You will probably have to resize your pics in order for them to upload. 

Edited by FurMama
Clarification
  • Thanks 1

Thanks Susie, I concur with you that the busiest people get the most done.  I shall post pictures of my home and my dollhouse.

I have been looking at some dollhouses with 3/8 walls, as I want something that I can pass as an heirloom on to a family member or friend when the time comes.  Thus, I am looking at Real Good Toys and vintage Dura Craft heritage kits.  Although, I do like some of the Greenleaf models.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Cati said:

Thanks Susie, I concur with you that the busiest people get the most done.  I shall post pictures of my home and my dollhouse.

I have been looking at some dollhouses with 3/8 walls, as I want something that I can pass as an heirloom on to a family member or friend when the time comes.  Thus, I am looking at Real Good Toys and vintage Dura Craft heritage kits.  Although, I do like some of the Greenleaf models.

most welcome - I have a variety of houses and I do love my 3/8" houses but some of the other kits such as Greenleaf have some houses that are just beautiful.  In the eye of the beholder as the saying goes!  Excited to see what you're working on!

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, havanaholly said:

I don't think that the houses made with thicker wood are any prettier than the Greenleaf kits.

I think that Greenleaf houses are very pretty, I am considering building a Pierce or a Garfield as it reminds me of a Queen Anne house that is nearby where I live.

Historic Mansions: Recent Sales – Piedmont Historic Homes

• Like 1