Greenleaf's Sixth Annual Spring Fling Contest

Sadly, I seem to be at a dead-end with this project. 'We' cannot agree on anything, and my patience level has reached it's end (for the moment). I am well known for having a VERY short attention span, so if the plan and ideas aren't flowing like a faucet, I walk away. <sigh>

Soooo, I am just going to sit back and wait and see what happens. Hoping that magical 'something' will hit me...and SOON! Seems my silly muse and I have 'space' issues....and, unlike HER, I am REALLY not in the mood for going HUGE. <grrrrrr>

Maybe she can gather some of her other 'musies' and they can just build the darn thing whilst I sleep...then I will be more than happy to decorate it! LOL

• Like 1

Awwww, Chris, I know it will be fabulous and that both you and yout muse will be happy with it one day ;) then again, nothing beats a good let it sit and sulk for while to get some co-operating into it....

Hugs and Fling On :wub:

Mine is back in the box in pieces !!

Ohhhh, now that sounds like a serious threat for the kit to behave or else, huh?!?

Hope it will behave though! Looking forward to glorious eye candy!!!

hugs

Mine's fighting me for a large amount of space, too. It is also in pieces sitting back in the box while my idea for it marinates in my brain a little more. I think I am going with my original idea, but for some reason my fling wants a companion ______! Like I have room for a coordinating ________ AND the fling!

My ____ is on the FedEx vehicle for delivery! No, you don't know what it is, but you can join me in the excitement, right?

post-4679-0-33084100-1335280384_thumb.jp

Tonight, I can dry fit this piece and then determine the amount of bashing to do to the main kit building. I felt a surge of panic when I counted out the time to the deadline today...roughly four and a half months. Seems like a long time, but I know myself better than that! :lol:

• Like 1

It is here, <happy dance> allready, can't believe how fast it made it over here!!!

Just don't tell my Emerson, ok!?! Need to pack away the groceries, before opening the box...

Must be strong.....

Hugs

Glad it arrived safely Anna. Mine is still in its box but Brae just scared the heck out of me - 4 1/2 months????? I was thinking I'd got at least 6 months (in my head) so not panicking - until now. So what should it be, what should it be, what SHOULD it be?

• Like 1

I ordered the SF on day one, but I'm not sure if I'm going to enter the contest. I'm not a terribly competitive type and the list of contenders looks pretty fierce :bigwink: .

But..today it told me what it wanted to be. No joke.. I boxed it up yesterday afternoon and set it on the "shelf" (a.k.a dollhouse purgatory).

I'm pretty excited about this idea because I don't think it falls into - it's obviously a ____" category. On top of that, if I don't finish on time to enter it's still something I would like for my collection. This project will also give me very good excuse to try a bunch of things that wouldn't have fit in my other builds. :cheer:

The ___ that arrived yesterday ended up being too small, so I need the next size up. Since I didn't want the evening to go to waste, I built a henhouse. :lol: I didn't realize I needed one until I was at the Bishop show and saw one there. The SF called from afar, "Oh, yes, pick one of those up." To which I replied, "I can certainly build one." The SF was happy enough with that.

Well, my poor little SF is still in the box, though I did take everything out to identify and inventory the contents. One tiny piece of the greenhouse caught on the rubber band and snapped off when I opened the package, but it was an easy fix. I keep seeing this completed project in my head - but it's not going to build itself! My mind (or muse??) has taken off on a tangent for one aspect of this build, and I'm not sure how to do it - nor do I know how to find out how to do it :hmm:

So odd that the original idea I had "firmly planted" changed once the dry fit was done. No clue where this new idea came from. Wait- yes I do-- RL. :)

Blame it on your Muse ;) I love when that happens. It means you have to build two. :groucho:

Just checked...... My SF is waiting in customs in the netherlands!!!!!!!!! hopefully it is going to be here before the weekend!

Can't wait to start on the ------------------ and the ------------------- and see how it all comes together!!!!!

Just a little warning Louise.........this years Spring Fling is proving to be very, very vocal and it has a magnetic draw for our muses. Be sure and let your SF know who's boss right away! You're about to fall in love. Again.

Yeah, what she said ;) Very vocal and a tendency to expand....*sigh*

No expanding here...just the basics. My first two ideas wanted to 'expand' in the worst way...which may be why they are no longer working ideas. LOL

I simply have no room for expansions anymore - barely have room to work on this one as is. It will just have to be content with staying 'compact'. But I plan to cram as much 'stuff' in it as I possibly can. May look like a hoarder's house by the time I am done.... :ohmy: :hide:

No expanding here...just the basics. My first two ideas wanted to 'expand' in the worst way...which may be why they are no longer working ideas. LOL

I simply have no room for expansions anymore - barely have room to work on this one as is. It will just have to be content with staying 'compact'. But I plan to cram as much 'stuff' in it as I possibly can. May look like a hoarder's house by the time I am done.... :ohmy: :hide:

Oh my, do I hear ya! I'm trying to get all my orders filled so I can take some time to clean up the dungeon (the basement), otherwise, there is no way I can even do my SF. Going to Lowe's or somewhere to try and find some shop lights that can be temporarily hung. We are leasing this house so I can't do any permanent damage :D We had to relocate and leave the house we own....would love to buy this house and paint that d*mn basement paneling. There is even a fireplace down there...if it wasn't so dark, I'd never come up to the surface :D

Trying a brand new technique (for me anyway) on this Fling-thing. :groucho: My practice piece turned out pretty cool. Now I just have to decide which colors - bold or subtle, or both..and of course, try not to mess it up too badly. :unsure: If I can carry it off even fairly well, it should be pretty different. And the owner of the house is pretty PICKY, so I'd best be "verwee, verwee careful". :sleep:

FLING ON :peace:

Mine must be a real temperamental one.................... STILL waiting in customs... Not sure about expanding, more likely to be "X spending" on some details.... but I do wish that kit got here.. Monday is a bank holiday.. I was counting on getting it all dry fitted then.. not now it seems. sooooo...on to the interior planning and drawing.. I have a colour struggle too...