Greenleaf's Sixth Annual Spring Fling Contest

Jo, some kits' voices are more strident than others'

...my storage in back (an old moving van). I use to pop in and out of there all the time until I saw snake skins...
If you're seeing skins the snakes are long gone, they were probably there when you were popping in & out.

Been busy working here. Thanks to Holly for the encouragement and confirmation that what I was thinking was correct and this SF has a HUGE idea!!! Now adjusting it, but it isn't very happy with me. Guess we will see who wins!!!

If you're seeing skins the snakes are long gone, they were probably there when you were popping in & out.

Holly, I know you are right BUT in my mind they would be in there to git me. :-) yep, GIT.

Holly, I know you are right BUT in my mind they would be in there to git me. :-) yep, GIT.

ewwww *shudder* ...snakes. Where's the heeby jeebies emoticon? I'm not squeamish about most things, spiders, etc. but snakes....ugh. I'm with you, GIT! :D

Snakes don't bother me, although I'd rather they not be inside the house. When we lived in Jacksonville a storm drainage ditch ran behind our house and ratsnake mommies liked to raise their babies underneath my washing machine in the utility room because the rats would get in and crawl up into our overhead crawl space and hold courtship dances and hoedowns in the ceiling in our bedroom at 2 AM, followed by a raid by momma snake after which we could return to sleep after the sounds of death & mayhem had subsided. One time a mommy snake had crawled into the washer and was wrapped around the tub. She put in an appearance just as I had started to fill the tub with water to wash a load of clothes, so I grabbed a broom and let her crawl onto the handle and then I toted her outside and released her into the lugustrums. The only time I had to kill one in the house, rather than scoop it into a container and return it to the outdoors was one AM starting breakfast I lifted the electric skillet to cook in and a pygmy rattlesnake hissed and rattled at me, so I dropped the skillet down and it landed on its head. Once DH removed the cadaver and I washed the skillet I went on to cook breakfast. We have a lovely indigo snake living in our yard here at our new house; indigo snakes eat all other snakes as well as rodents, so this one can leave shed skins wherever she wants to.

• Like 1

Snakes, spiders, ... they all give me the heebie-jeebies! :fear: Had a snake in our bathtub once, and one slithered through open front door into the livingroom.

Thought I would lose my mind. I know, just harmless garden variety snakes...but.. STAY OUTTA MY HOUSE!

On a lighter note, I finally located my 'resident' for SF (after MUCH searching) :D I believe she pretty much makes the entire piece more 'sensical'. And she is now pestering me to allow a rather 'unruly and obstinate' friend to join her...sheesh, will it never end?!! :grrr: Of course, I will more than likely give in. What choice do I have? If she goes on strike, I could be sitting here procrastinating and wringing my hands until August..and that is 'no gouda'!!!

FLING ON, fellow Flingers!!! :salute:

Deb, hope your foot is better. That sounds really horrible.

BUT your project is intriguing. Sound like sooo much fun. Can't wait to see Henry and his home(?).

And your greenhouses--can we see pictures of those?

Sure! I should have it ready for some preliminary pictures in the next day or so. The greenhouse is all assembled and two different floors finished----just debating about which one I want to use now because they're both so excellent. I'm using white wire furniture in the conservatory and thought that it wouldn't pop against the green marble because of the white in the pattern but it looks a lot better than I thought it would. Hmm....decisions, decisions. (BTW, the toe was pronounced much better by the podiatrist yesterday who then scheduled me to have the other foot done in two weeks. Ow! Ow! Ow!)

, I could be sitting here procrastinating and wringing my hands until August..and that is 'no gouda'!!!

Of course it isn't. That sounds much more like a provolone to me. <grinning> Okay, enough with the cheesy jokes. Get back to work Chris! heheheheheehe

Deb (and Henry)

post-2296-0-02556900-1336652878_thumb.jpOh HENRY!! I meant to ask....

Does he like eggplants??? I have one that is a real pain-in-the-%$#.....hehehehe

Also, thought I'd add this: (just another quirky find for the SF) He jumped right out at me and said "PICK ME!!" LOL

Oh HENRY!! I meant to ask....

Does he like eggplants??? I have one that is a real pain-in-the-%$#.....hehehehe

Have you ever met a goat that didn't like eggplant? For that matter, have you ever met a goat that didn't like everything??? LOL! My grandfather had one who ate nails out of his carpenter's belt when he wasn't looking. I'd say that Henry would make a good motivator to keep those eggplants in line. You can tell them that if they don't straighten up and behave themselves, you'll feed them to a goat. I know that if I were an eggplant, that threat would definitely get my attention. Of course you can try the alternative and just shake a jar of parmesan cheese at them. What eggplant isn't terrified of parmesan? (aaaaaaaaaaand we're back to the cheesy jokes again........)

Deb

La vache que rie? So now we're calling people heifers! Go back to flinging!

Ne se soi pas, mon cherie. No heifers here but I do have to wonder if I fling this piece of swiss cheese around, could it be considered a holy cow?

Deb <ducking and running>

Holly, I love your post.

The only time I had snakes in the house was when I was living in the country. One time I got out of bed in the middle of the night (in my bare feet, of course) and stepped on one who had decided to sleep in my room. Don't know how it got in, but thank heaven it wasn't poisonous. I think I scared it as much as it scared me, and it moved faster than thought. It whipped itself out the way it had come in, and I never saw it again.

Another time there was one curled up on the base of the toilet. I guess it enjoyed the coolness of the porcelain. I caught it in a pan, clapped the lid on, and took it outside. It was whipping around when I caught it, but the minute I returned it to the woods, it regained all its natural dignity and slowly slithered off.

Some country people put out bowls of milk to attract king snakes. The king snakes kill the poisonous snakes, so they're valuable to have around.

In NYC the only snakes we have go around on two legs; they're much worse than the other kind.

Anyway, back on topic: my SF kit came today. I'm so impressed with the fast shipping. It's exactly what I want,.I can't wait to get started on it.

Who mentioned swiss cheese - that's my spring fling right now - lots of holes. I live very close to Hardwick Hall and they used to say "Hardwick Hall - more window than wall" and that's my spring fling at the moment.

Oh you guys are so clever with your puns ...

I've never been that pun-ny !!

Keep wishing my kit would speak but as of yet, it is still living in the box since the episode we had a couple weeks ago.

Keep sending vibes this way to see if we can force a lightening bolt this way.

• Like 1

Keep sending vibes this way to see if we can force a lightening bolt this way.

I played word association starting with "lightening bolt" which made me think "weather station" which made me think, "OMG! This kit SO looks like it could be a German Black Forest clock with the little people that come out one side, then the other and do all those cool things. How cute would that be!!!!

Flinging cheese? Mais non!

<hanging head and scuffing toe in the dirt> Yes ma'am. I'll be good now. Actually this whole conversation has given me a craving for cheese and I happen to have a block of extra sharp cheddar in the fridge. I think I'll have fresh fruit, cheese, and crackers for lunch and then get back to Flinging with Henry.

Deb

• Like 1