Greenleaf's Sixth Annual Spring Fling Contest

Well, I think there is a slight flutter floating around in my tired old brain.

It's not somewhere that I wanted to go but it will do as a starting point I guess.

The trouble is, is that, so far, it is ridiculously complicated.

That makes me think that it is coming in sideways, underhanded, sneakily (is that a word?) from my long departed muse.

She hasn't ID'ed herself yet as being back in town but I have a sneaking suspicion.

She always wants things too hard, too long, too much, too everything ... etc., etc.

So, thus far I've gotten that we are to build a __________ as an addition to the base unit and we are to do detailed __________-ing and that the accessories have to be mostly handmade unless I become independently wealthy between now and then. Then we have to figure out how to translate scale correctly because it involves things that are hard to make look right to scale. Then it has to be adapted to match the overall __________-ing.

Sigh …….

Short and sweet would suit me just fine given the fact that I haven't found my table top in months let alone any tools or supplies.

It'll require a hoarder intervention style clean up before I can even think of starting a project.

Lesson to be learned here - be careful what you ask for.

I asked for her (missing muse) return and now I have to take what comes with it.

I don't even like the idea but it is becoming stronger by the keystroke !!!!

Argh-h-h-h-h

• Like 2

I'm so pleased your muse has returned Selkie, she hasn't by any chance got an English muse hanging around with her has she. If so, pack her bags and send her right on home - she's needed.

• Like 2

My Goodies just arrived today for the Spring Fling!!! Yay!!! Now, when I get the kit next week, I can start adding everything that is in my imagination to it. I'll use paperclay to it of course but, not to make bricks, stones or shingles! This is gonna be so exciting!!

• Like 1

I know what you mean Alamom. Between yesterday and today (friday and sat.) We spread 20 yards of mulch in most of our flowerbeds. Dump truck load. So I haven't been able to play with the kit. But lots of time to dream about it as we worked around the yard. I will be able to see what direction to go once it is in dry fit. But fun to dream!

Deb offered virtual cinnamon rolls the other day. I offer a nice relaxing day in the gardens . We wii set up tables to work on our kits. Of course as our builds are top secret we will have to erect screens around the tables! Could you just imagine all the hints we could tease each other with! So close, but so far away! LOL

• Like 1

Mine arrived yesterday! I didn't think it would be in until Monday, since our P.O. is closed on Saturday, but it came straight to the house address! I wish I could just drop my life and work on it - but, unfortunately, RL must go on. I've got so many ideas just jumping around in my brain! :kicking:

• Like 1

From past SF's I have learned not to even consider an idea until the build arrives. No matter what ideas I come up with, the minute it's dry-fitted, it has always informed me it's most definitely something else. So I didn't even consider an idea until I had this one dry-fitted. As usual, it informed me what it was right away. Now I can't even see anything else in it... I have a feeling this is going to be one of those ideas that we'll see five or six versions of, but sometimes it's more fun to see everyone's different vision of the same thing.

Now what I can't decide is whether to do a state-of-the-art version of this structure, or a dilapidated, weathered version. The latter always has so much character, but the former is so inspiring! I guess I'll just have to go beyond the dry-fit and see which way it takes me.

• Like 1

Oh, come, now! You know that the kit will tell you precisely what it wants and how to achieve it!

After working with my ideas and playing with the dry fit for a few days I came to a conclusion. The word I feel best describes this years SF is 'accommodating'. I thought it would take two weeks to get this far. I'm really excited about how things are coming together.

I felt the same way, Morgan. I put the kit in dry fit, explained the vision I had, put two props in place, and I felt like the kit gave me a big, "AW, YEAH!" :ohyeah: That's a nice feeling.

• Like 1

post-2296-0-44719800-1334339234_thumb.jp

The way she is posing, I'm not quite sure if she is about to break into the Highland Fling, or if she is just showing off. :ermm::dunno:

Anyway, say Hello to Ms. Vanity Fair...the talk of the vegetable patch!! They DESPISE her. lol

hehehehehehehehehehehehehehe <gasp, snort> heheheheheheheheheheehe Oh gawd Chris, my sides hurt from laughing so much. I haven't had such a good giggle fest in ages. Fling on Ms Vanity Fair! Maybe the Highland Fling will become our official dance. <humming on a pitch pipe> ~~~~ You put your right stem in, you put your right stem out, you put your right stem in and you shake it all about...........~~~

hehehehehehehehehehehehehehe <gasp, snort> heheheheheheheheheheehe Oh gawd Chris, my sides hurt from laughing so much. I haven't had such a good giggle fest in ages. Fling on Ms Vanity Fair! Maybe the Highland Fling will become our official dance. <humming on a pitch pipe> ~~~~ You put your right stem in, you put your right stem out, you put your right stem in and you shake it all about...........~~~

:D I think that is how she broke her arm, Deb! Shaking it all about...and the other plants pounced! (least that's the story I'M tellin' her) Silly vixen. LOL Glad she she made you giggle. She had me in stitches whilst creating her. Laughed so hard I broke the poor dear's little stem..

• Like 1