Greenleaf's Sixth Annual Spring Fling Contest

Actually Deb started it...

<cackle> Yeah, but those video tapes were all faked so I don't think they can prove anything. Oh wait. You're talking about food now aren't you.

Never mind.

Deb

• Like 1

Well, all I can say is I wasn't thinking brownies or haagen das (although those are super yummy and tempting!), but rather a square of ghirardelli dark. mmmmmm. I think chocolate should be part of your daily diet: like Holly said it's brain food, it is supposed to curb your appetite, give you energy, and full of antioxidants.

Now, just because you can get these benefits from fruits and vegetables should not dissuade you. In fact, why not have a chocolate covered strawberry and double the healthy benefits, lol!

One of my doctors actually suggested that it would help me to eat some dark chocolate every day. She said she'd write it on a prescription if I wanted her to. LOL! I should have taken her up on that just for the fun of it..............."Take three Hershey's dark chocolate kisses twice a day". The only problem is <whispering> I don't like chocolate. Oh, don't look at me like that! It's not like I drown puppies, I just don't care much for chocolate. I like it, but not as a daily thing. Now if she told me to eat four orange slices and a Twizzler, I'd be up for that!

Sooooooooooooooooooooo, Good Morning Flingers!!!

It's a beautiful day here with wall-to-wall sunshine and no wind. The life size landscapers are going to be here tomorrow to clear out the winter debris and let my yard come back to life again which seriously puts me in a mood to Spring clean. I believe that I'll work on the studio today and get it all cleaned up and ready to Fling. That's a much better type of spring cleaning than washing windows, right?

What's everyone else doing today?

Deb

The only problem is <whispering> I don't like chocolate. Oh, don't look at me like that! It's not like I drown puppies, I just don't care much for chocolate.

Deb

Pahahaha, guffaw, giggle, giggle, snort, giggle!

I'm off to the gym, it's another great way to get the brain percolating, or so I've heard. And as my friend Felicia said when I told her I would go a bit later, "I heard NOW is a good time." lol

Then I gotta figure out how to make/finish the windows on that darn 22 Town Hill Road project so I can move on to the fling, footloose and fancy-free!

I don't like a lot of chocolate, but the occasional 60+% cocoa content dark choccy has been known to tempt me. I prefer fresh-picked fruit any day! Better hide that eggplant; I have a killer rec ipe from Moosewood to stuff her! Fling on, y'all!

Flinging!!! Mine will ship tomorrow, whohooo and yay, happy twirl!!! Needed a boost today, am away at a three-day-conference with the principal programme...

:wub:

Hugs

I don't like a lot of chocolate, but the occasional 60+% cocoa content dark choccy has been known to tempt me. I prefer fresh-picked fruit any day! Better hide that eggplant; I have a killer rec ipe from Moosewood to stuff her! Fling on, y'all!

(audible gasp from Ms. Vanity) :hide:

I, on the other hand, would be very interested in any killer recipes involving eggplant Holly...I adore it!! :wub: Actually, there is one in the fridge just waiting to become something wonderful. :bigwink:

Found a building that looks a great deal like the new SF.

Cotswald Meeting Hall

Puts a new spin on some possibilities.

This is exactly why I'm liking this project. The Clearstory Windows are one of the first design principles of "green design" which allow for passive solar heating. It's going to be so fun to see what everyone designs.

I've already got my kit dry fitted and I know what I want to do. Waiting to make some money to buy paperclay.

hmmmm...the greenhouse. I am having trouble getting the wood to stick to the window 'glass'. I used white glue but once it dried it promptly started popping off? What am I doing wrong? I glued both frames to both sides of the glass. Fortunately, the glue stayed on the wood and not on the glass. I'm using white tacky glue, could that be it?

hmmmm...the greenhouse. I am having trouble getting the wood to stick to the window 'glass'. I used white glue but once it dried it promptly started popping off? What am I doing wrong? I glued both frames to both sides of the glass. Fortunately, the glue stayed on the wood and not on the glass. I'm using white tacky glue, could that be it?

Sometimes tacky glue needs something to absorb into before it can grab hold which is why it often just peels off of plastic. I use superglue for my windows (and other non-porous surfaces) and it works perfectly as well as drying clear. To have more control over it, put a few drops on a paper plate or piece of tin foil and then use a toothpick to apply a thin line of it around the window frame, then press your plastic glass to it and hold for just a few seconds.

Deb

• Like 1

NOT LIKE CHOCOLATE?!?! I can't imagine. If we want to discuss which chocolate is best............it's my fudge! If we want to discuss what's best for me, I wish Holly and Deb could share a few of their genes.

Holly, my sis gave me a Moosewood Cookbook. I can't eat meat. Any suggestions for a fav recipe in there? Especially one that supports creativity :)

Yesterday and last night my fling and I flung and flung. I even made the _____ ___ _______ pattern in only one try. Oh great happy dance time :) We had so much fun. Must have been that little tiny CHOCOLATE milkshake I had. Thank God Slimfast comes in chocolate :)

...I, on the other hand, would be very interested in any killer recipes involving eggplant Holly...I adore it!! :wub: Actually, there is one in the fridge just waiting to become something wonderful. :bigwink:
Chris, I just PM'd you the recipe for Provencal Stuffed Eggplant from the Sundays at Moosewood Restaurant Coockbook. I also have Moosewood Restaurant Low Fat Favorites and Moosewood Restaurant Cooks at Home. My resident Georgia Cracker (aka DH) was used to only certain veggies cooked in a particular way. Thanks to the Moosewood Collective he is a lot better about trying new veggies, eating them all in new & different ways, and eating more of them and lower size servings of meat and carbs, which at our age and activity level is better for us.

...Holly, my sis gave me a Moosewood Cookbook. I can't eat meat. Any suggestions for a fav recipe in there? Especially one that supports creativity...
I have three different Moosewood cookbooks and they are all excellent!

Any ideas of how to keep the cardboard roof from sagging? (ok, so I'm pretty new to all of this)

Sue, you can carefully push wooden skewers thru the open ends. Don't know if you'd need to do all the openings, but maybe every other one or two. I have the longer wooden skewers on hand and they are nearly a perfect fit. Just cut off the ends that would stick out. Hope this helps.

Mine is also in dry fit! Now to settle on one idea. Not sure yet if either one is the one I'll end up with. Need to look at it a few days. But do know one thing I want to bash. Nothing major. Already thinking of how I want to landscape. Lol love the kit!

Mine's arrived - well it will be delivered tomorrow. Unfortunately it has attracted another $40 customs charge. This always happens to me but I guess its the luck of the draw because I know someone else whose SF package arrived duty free.

Still no idea what it will be and if it tells me it wants to be fancy - well sorry - no more money left for frills.

Well, haven't been Flinging for a few days. Have a very close friend of 9 years leaving for Canada this week. :sad_2: Will really miss her, but thankful that I have my idea in place and will have something to work on after she leaves.

My idea keeps expanding though, it's like it has a mind of it's own. I keep saying how in the world am I going to do THAT????? :hmm: Love hearing all the ideas and fun going on here!

• Like 1

Hope everyone is having fun! :) I've been flingin'. LOL, I think my plan is a little too ambitious but trying to muddle through!

The _______ is about half way finished, just need to make the _____ and then figure out how to get the ________ to stay put.

...My idea keeps expanding though, it's like it has a mind of it's own. I keep saying how in the world am I going to do THAT????? :hmm: Love hearing all the ideas and fun going on here!
The kit is telling you what it wants, and keep listening, it'll also tell you HOW.

Well, haven't been Flinging for a few days. Have a very close friend of 9 years leaving for Canada this week. :sad_2: Will really miss her, but thankful that I have my idea in place and will have something to work on after she leaves.

My idea keeps expanding though, it's like it has a mind of it's own. I keep saying how in the world am I going to do THAT????? :hmm: Love hearing all the ideas and fun going on here!

I hear you! LOL, how do we decide when to stop?

Well, I've been dragging my heels on this project. One particular item has me rather stumped, so typical me...I just put the breaks on and wait for the idea :idea_1: to fully 'percolate'. There are so many ideas formulating for other parts, but I can't do anything until this little obstacle is out of the way. Good thing we have all the extra time this year :D

I did find an interesting photo in my saved picture gallery though (and had totally forgotten it was there). I saved it for reference on my completely idle (sigh) Gull cottage project...but take a look at the greenhouse that was never used in the movie production. Look familiar???? B) post-2296-0-50038000-1334752105_thumb.jp

• Like 2