Greenleaf's Sixth Annual Spring Fling Contest

Thanks, Morgan! I'll tak all the inspiration I can get. Mine should be here any minute know. If anybody has any ideas they are taking a pass on, send 'em along my way! I'm really lost on this one and glad to know I am in good company!

No little windows? Or do you mean the ones that open? I didn't know this. Guess I will have to see the kit then to see if my idea will work or bash them in. I wonder if mine was sent out, I ordered by phone, so don't have tracking. Can't wait to see it. I ordered the minute that the kit was posted (as soon as it took to make the phone call that is lol). For the ones who received it. How was it shipped? USPS, Fed? Iif usps i won't get mine today. Mail came already.

Here's a link to Deb's site where she has past issues listed as well.

http://www.debsminis.com/greenleaf_gazette_newsletter_archive.htm

Also, you can take a current issue, and just change the month and year in the address bar, and go to a back issue that way. :)

Thanks Tracy! Some of the links to the old Dollhouse Universe site are still broken after the server changes at Greenleaf but all the later articles work. There are links for each issue as well as an index of tutorials. There are lots more articles than just the tutorials so going thru the issues is the best way of not missing anything.

I'm SO excited! My order from HBS just arrived and the _____ ____ is perfect!! But the best part is a piece that I ordered for the landscaping and it's almost an exact replica of the real life inspiration. I'm thrilled! I'm working on the landscaping for the half scale lighthouse like a demon today trying to finish before my SF kit arrives. I've told myself that I mustn't open the SF box until I have the lighthouse completely finished but we all know how that's going to go. LOL

Chris!! No eggplants? Does this mean that I'm going to be alone in my insanity this year?

Deb

Does this mean that I'm going to be alone in my insanity this year?

Deb

Nope, don't think so, just mailed to see about shipping over here... My Emerson is sooo going to kick up dust....

The cogs and wheels are turning..... :evil: and I do think there is a call for a little clay purr-sonality to take shape in the near future as well, so I think insanity is checked from over here...

Hugs

Well, there might be room for a tap-dancin', ruffly tutu wearin' diva eggplant somewhere in this idea, Deb. It can be an item of 'curiosity'..lol

My kits arrived today too..HOORAY! :banana::cheers:

It is OFFICIALLY time to FLING ON!!!

• Like 1

Opened it, dry fit, and then BOOM - there's the idea! It is parts of several ideas I was looking at and I am really looking forward to the extended timeline now. I actually feel relieved now that I know what I need to do. This is gonna be fun!

Found a building that looks a great deal like the new SF.

Cotswald Meeting Hall

Puts a new spin on some possibilities.

Sure does! :salute: Thanks for the inspiration Selkie. I'm sure someone will run with it.

I myself have TWO too many ideas at this stage. If any more enter the picture, I will totally blow my "stack"... and :surrender:

I'm with you, Cat!! :D

I gleefully, and with childish abandon, opened the box and commenced 'dry fits' and sporadic 'hissy fits' (even the slightest bashing does that to me..sigh) Even glued a bit and primed a few lovely pieces of the _______ _____.... :D

After all the added drama...all is GOOD. Even the "eggplant" is more calmed now that I 'promised' it a place in the NEW idea (or maybe it was being submerged upside-down in mulch for several hours)..at any rate...things are progressing. YEA!

Paid for mine today but I don't expect to receive it for a few weeks - just as well really - I'm stuck - no ideas, no inspiration, no nothing. I've stared and stared and googled and browsed and still I have no idea what to do with this kit. I'm all wrung out of ideas. The shape of the building reminds me of the one from 2010, Baslow Ranch so that's all I'm seeing.

Ah well, lets see what happens when it arrives.

The reasons I had to put it away were numerous, not to mention depressing :mad:

1)My work table is covered with bits and pieces of my Litchfield which is screaming,"I was here first and I don't want to be shut up in that cabinet again!"

2) My kids are off from school this entire week which means I should probably pay some attention to them.

3)Mondays are MS medication side effect day; Cutting my finger(or something elswe I might need) again is a certainty on those days.

4)My idea is still perking along. This one is the worst because I'd love to have a more concrete plan ^_^

All in all, I'm REALLY glad to have that later date!

• Like 1

Well Sarah, if it is any comfort...I had been given 'strict orders' to "Finish what you are doing first,..&@%%*#!!!"

And, with THAT...I happily went about doing precisely what I wanted anyway....<evil brat laugh>

Now that meds thing might pose a bigger problem. No injuries whilst working are the goal, so I would wait a safe amount of time, and then ..RUN WITH IT!!

What's this talk about just "looking" at the kit and putting it away? When mine shows up, I fully intend to strew the contents hither and yon, then roll around on the box.

Sounds just like a cat to me :)

When my Fling kit arrives (sigh..........I used Pay Pal who for no apparent reason, conaidering I am waaaaay too good of a customer, decided to do an e check, which takes forever to clear, my kit will be lucky to be shipped this week even and pay pal has their money!) anyway..........when my kit gets here it will be welcomed by a SPRING SHOWER! As opposed to a baby shower, or housewarming, I am gathering all my goodies and going to shop for a couple necessary items then I will be ready to play :)

After changing my 'flavor' over and over, my dear tiny friend told me to stop awhile and get THE STORY written. It is an important one because it is partly RL.

I found the EXACT Fling building using google images and entering _____ _____ _____. Which I can't say what it is but nothing like this other one I followed the link to. I found several other that are almost, like the one posted, but the one I found the other day is identical except the addition of a couple windows. What a versatile kit!

Is rolling on a Priority Mail box considered misuse?

Oh wow, I forgot how big 1/12th is. I bought some of the doors and they look so huge. Oh, and one of my greenhouses arrived busted too. They need to rethink the packaging on those, especially before shipping them to Greenleafers overseas.

Is rolling on a Priority Mail box considered misuse?

Oh wow, I forgot how big 1/12th is. I bought some of the doors and they look so huge. Oh, and one of my greenhouses arrived busted too. They need to rethink the packaging on those, especially before shipping them to Greenleafers overseas.

Lol, I thought the same thing when I checked mine! I spent most of Friday organizing my 1/2 scale Victorian supplies so I was unprepared for the size difference too.

Lol, I thought the same thing when I checked mine! I spent most of Friday organizing my 1/2 scale Victorian supplies so I was unprepared for the size difference too.

I've been working on two of my 1/24th houses, the buttercup and the mansion, and the difference in size is astounding. I can't see going back to 1/12th for any length of time. My Fling project will be more tall than wide, I just don't have the space for something with a large footprint.

Got mine today !! yayyy... now to finish the two rehabs and I have the idea all mapped out for this and the HBS. Ya know the amazing thing is that I have had these two ideas running in my head for quite a while and it wasn't until I saw this structure that I could see them becoming my what I have dreamt.

Now to scrap the pennies and start mapping out what I canb hand make lol. Maybe less dark ??? lol the ideas I have actually aren't dark at all ....shock !!

Bran

I keep hearing 'bash it into half scale'. I get that. It can be done. I LOVE half scale. Their footprint is 1/4 the size! They are tiny and cute. However..........if one is going to do 1", you've GOTTA LOVE THIS YEARS FLING!

Bash away, bash away, bash away all!