What's everyone working on?

I spent some happy time in the studio yesterday installing the top floor of the steampunk Loganberry.  I used the Greenleaf hardwood vinyl strips and as always, it came out perfect.  Those strips are so easy that it's impossible for them to do anything else! I looooooove the GL flooring!!!  Today I'll poly the floor and then start on the baseboards.  

This is very definitely a progress pic but here's what the first floor looks like so far.  I can't remember for sure but I think I found the copper/bronze/sunstone glass tile at Home Depot or Lowes.  It's heavy so I had to reinforce the floor underneath but it sure did come out pretty.  The wainscoting is pre-cut paneling painted brass and right now it looks raw and too bold but it's not done yet.  Once I have the interior completely built I'll start the antiquing process to make it all sooty and that will give it depth and life.  <chuckling>  I stuck the thingymajigabobber in the picture just for fun.  

post-329-0-29441600-1434814734_thumb.jpg

This is the tin ceiling.  I combined a wood medallion with embossed paper and the tiles are made with a Mod Podge mold.  I gave it all a coat of dark silver paint and when I start the antiquing of everything, I'll dry brush various shades of lighter silver and pewter into it to age it properly.  

post-329-0-87544900-1434814847_thumb.jpg

• Like 4

Looks great, Deb! I can't wait to see what comes next!

<grinning>  Okay!  I'm so happy about being back in the studio that it's spilling over.  Today I stucco'd the exterior and finished the outside of the front door.  I'm having sooooooooo much fun.  Seriously, I feel as if I have something to look forward to when I wake up in the morning again.   Anyway, after I do the inside of the door I'll install it and put on the frame.  

post-329-0-09513100-1434845733_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

That is a serious wicked cool :D door, and when I looked closer (real close!!!) I saw that I have some cogs, gears and sprockets JUST like those.... Hmm, now the steampunk build is starting to holler again...

Hugs

• Like 1

I am bound and determined to accomplish miniature crochet with sewing thread and it is driving me batty!  I have been in total obsession with it for a week straight!  I also just ordered the electricity kit for my first dollhouse so I think it will arrive about Wednesday or so and I will be attempting that - a little scared but hoping for success!

I'm making slow progress on my Micro Appleby.  The stairs are presenting a bit of a challenge.  DH went out to mini workshop with me today and installed a 3-bulb light bar over my workbench.  I didn't have quite enough light for detail work, and was always moving lamps around. But this floods the whole area with light.   :carrot:

• Like 1

now that we are not moving for a few months I am still packing non essentials in the niche...

and reorganising.....and then I am getting the Diana back out and see about finishing it up....

it is very close to being done and Id like it off the list because I have decided to attach a primrose kitchen to my 

very first team build Arthur....I call it my friendship house because it is furnished with many swaps and gifts I have received over the yrs

but I never completely finished it and now it sits in my view mocking me with its incompleteness ....it has always needed a kitchen

poor Dave misses his houseboat but Edna has enjoyed the finer side of living but misses a kitchen

now to order some french doors and find a safe to me way to cut a big hole in the wall......lol....I see french doors...must have them....lol.... :hmm:

• Like 1

I have been messing with putting a full 2nd floor in the cabin and making a fireplace with left over foam board.  I decided to go outside in my courtyard and pick rocks for the exterior of the fireplace....I certainly have enough of the real things I might as well take advantage.   Added bonus, a stone fire place doesn't have to be perfect.

Its hard for a perfectionist to deal with making something seem "rough" and hand hewn as in the "logs".  :)

• Like 1

...order some french doors and find a safe to me way to cut a big hole in the wall......lol....I see french doors...must have them....lol.... :hmm:

Get Deb to show off her Dremel Trio...

• Like 2

I bought a set of the "As seen on TV"  "Big vision" glasses. They are glasses that magnify and you can wear them over your regular glasses. They work really well.

I was skeptical but they are great for mini work.

One word of warning though, they scratch very easy so be careful where you lay them down.

The wall and roof went on to finish the addition of the laundry room/sunroom/pantry this last weekend. The room above the pantry is definitely going to be a walk in closet. So it appears I now have a place to dump linens and luggage as well as clothes. The addition is now officially done.

When I moved the window seat into the house on the second floor, it wasn't as wide as the hall itself and left some gaps on either side that I was going to fill in with shelves. But since there were so deep, I just filled those in. I still need to put in the front wall of the master bath, but I ran out of wood again. So the next step is to finish the sunroom windows and the porch above it on the other side. After that I have to decide whether to keep the tower or put on a new gable. I will also look into curving the porch at that time as well. After that, the house will be basically done and ready for priming.

• Like 1