What's everyone working on?

I finally got the last piece of the highchair glued in place without having the entire thing fall apart (like yesterday).  I finished Farmer John's clothes; now I'm hunting for leather thin enough for his shoes.

... I finished Farmer John's clothes; now I'm hunting for leather thin enough for his shoes.

A used pair of antelope gloves might work. It's very soft and supple leather and sews up (or glues) beautifully.

Thank you, Selkie!  Do we ever quit learning in this hobby?  I hope not!  Today I get to mini all day long (after I pay two bills.  :wacko: ).  DH is out of town, staying overnight at my cousin's place to help with some construction projects she's doing. SO I GET TO PLAY ALL DAY!  I've already brought the little Appleby into the house, from my craft cottage, so it's all ready to go.

I think she's smiling!  :hidebhind:

• Like 2

Am I the only one who spent time mini-ing over Mother's Day?  DH was gone Friday and Saturday, coming back this morning. so I spent the last two days on two mini projects. The back wall of the Appleby is almost finished - just have to put a sealer coat of paint on it. Very tedious work - took 6 hours to place all the Paperclay and press in the pattern with the Bromley stencils. Finished at midnight on Friday, let it dry till this evening. After a wonderful Mother's Day supper, I worked on the painting while we watched a movie. Pictures later. 

• Like 1

I was able to work on my 1/2" scale village this week-end. I have painted the styrene brick floor, and surprizingly it came out great. Then attached it to a board, each square will have 

one of the five stores on it with landscaping.

:bear:

I finished shingling this weekend!  I've been at it for a good 3 weeks, so I'm rather excited.  I placed the last bits on Sunday morning, so I was able to clean up my "shingling zone"  (several-meter-wide area of the basement that was scattered with tiny splinter-y pieces of shingles) before my parents came over for mother's day dinner.  My partner A is pretty happy he won't be getting the splinters embedded in his feet on his way to the bathroom anymore. 

Here it is in all its glory: 

I'm really happy with the colour variation.  These were done with the RGT grey shingle dye, which I didn't see a lot of examples of before I used it, but I think it's actually a great product and technique.  I still have to decide how to finish off the roof line (I don't love the sideways-laid shingles that RGT recommends) but I'll leave that for later.  Now I need to stop procrastinating about painting my gingerbread trim and getting those nosing pieces properly installed rather than sketchily taped on as shown in these pictures.

I also got inspired by MikeUK's fabulous built-in iphone TVs and created my own.  Still needs a paint job, but here it is:

I'm planning for it to be part of a setup somewhat like this: 

http://www.houzz.com/photos/323423/Custom-Built-In-Bookcases-traditional-family-room-other-metro

If you look in my gallery you'll see it's actually built at about a 30 degree angle to the wall. 

In addition to mini-ing I did some gardening, cleaned the (RL) house really well, had drinks with girlfriends on Friday and brunch on a patio on Saturday and made a very nice mother's day meal (mussels and fiddleheads and a rhubarb custard tart) so it felt like quite a productive and fun weekend! Some of our first truly warm, sunny days of the summer.

• Like 3

Wow! You were one busy person this weekend. Whew! Congrats on the fab shingling job. Really like how it came out. Your rhubarb custard sounds delightful. Of course the TV arrangement is quite lovely too. Isn't Mike talented? Man I drool over his work and now you are following in his footsteps. Congrats.

I finished he spread for Farmer John & Mary's bed, glued the last leg on her kitchen table and started working on the ironing board.  Now it'll be back to stitching rugs again for a while.

While waiting for the Paperclay to dry I finished up a project I am making for a friend who has dogs that she enters into Dog Agility Events and Competitions. I went to one with her, and it is really interesting to see how they perform.  She also loves my miniatures.  She has bravely signed on for a third year as our local BPW (Business and Professional Women) president, so I made her a gift to give her at our meeting tomorrow evening.

Found these boxes at the Dollar Tree and just had to have some!  It opens up to an outdoor scene of an agility meet. 1:48 scale; had lots of fun putting this together. :)

• Like 4

I'll bet she'll love it!  DH & I love to attend the local agility trials.  The dogs have such interesting personalities.

I finished the bedspread and have it rubberbanded on the bed whilst the spray starch dries.  I have started working on the ironing board.

• Like 1

I got back from My Mo trip last Thursday and I dont think Ive had a moments time to sit and think....no mini doing to report but I did post a final photo of my wedding gift...which was very well recieved....I finished it the night before...as I was sewing and caking every min I was there lol....

I do not know if I will be doing any mini(ing) as I am in full get this house packed and MOVED asap mode!!

this one better stick longer than 2 yrs I want to settle in!!

The wedding gift is gorgeous! And I know the wanting to be settled in feeling very well! Good luck to you in finding just the right spot to squat. :D

• Like 1

I got back from My Mo trip last Thursday and I dont think Ive had a moments time to sit and think....no mini doing to report but I did post a final photo of my wedding gift...which was very well recieved....I finished it the night before...as I was sewing and caking every min I was there lol....

I do not know if I will be doing any mini(ing) as I am in full get this house packed and MOVED asap mode!!

this one better stick longer than 2 yrs I want to settle in!!

Sounds like a whirlwind of a trip but fun and exciting all wrapped into one.  Take a couple minutes to breathe. It's kinda good for your health ....

So, I'm not remembering, is this move a job related move? Will you relocate closer to your newest grandbaby this time? Will all your family move together or is this one just you and hubs? Sound awfully nosy don't I? I don't mean it that way. Just in chat mode. Hope you'll find just what you're looking for and, MOST important, that you'll have a craft room!!!!! Yes, that is a must for you!!!!!!!

Good luck.

• Like 1

I'm already behind again. I put a second floor in my pantry and measured wrong (well, actually I didn't measure at all, but that's neither here nor there). The point is, the floor is too tall and will have to be redone next week. Completely redone. :whistle:

In other news, the pantry, although only a quarter of the original size I wanted, is looking good. However, an attempt to put a hutch in there resulted a decision to NOT put the front wall on until it's completely decorated and ALL the furniture is in. Apparently, hutches don't fit through either doors or windows.