What's everyone working on?

... and THEN begin moving all the tools, workbenches and my kits and supplies out there!

Once you get to working again, we're going to want to see photos just like the ones you enjoy from us. While you're waiting to begin work again, why don't you get an inexpensive digital camera and practice with it? (And don't give me that nonsense about your body chemistry mucking up electronics ... :D

Love from a friend,

~k

P.S. I've been trying to make a potter's head in 1:12 out of Sculpey III. It's harder than it looks! I have three going at once. I'm hoping one may turn out not looking as if the poor fellow is a retired pugilist. I'm using Katherine Dewey's book Creating Lifelike Figures in Polymer Clay: Tools & Techniques for Sculpting Realistic Figures. She has good instructions and hints for beginners as well as patterns for various scales. I couldn't ask for a better instructor. I could, however, ask for a better set of eyes and fingers if that were possible! When it comes to baking, I think I'm going to have to track down a toaster over in a second hand store. The thought of having the poor guy's head rolling around in hot water is too scary to contemplate. According to Ms. Dewey, the clay gets softer before it sets, so it's possible it would come out misshapen.

• Like 1

I bought my toaster oven and oven thermometer at one of the dollar stores. And DH the engineer still hasn't been able to figure out the digicam we got to try, so when I finally do get back to taking pictures it'll be my usual el cheapo point&click "crappy" pictures *sigh* Maybe I should sculpt your potter and you can come take pictures for me (duck&run!)

... so when I finally do get back to taking pictures it'll be my usual el cheapo point&click "crappy" pictures *sigh* Maybe I should sculpt your potter and you can come take pictures for me (duck&run!)

Better yet, how about I show you how to use the camera? All you need to know is the automatic and micro features. The rest is superfluous for your needs.

• Like 1

Better yet, how about I show you how to use the camera? All you need to know is the automatic and micro features. The rest is superfluous for your needs.

Gee willikers! That's a dandy idea! And I can get out my toaster oven and clay and we can have a mini doll sculpting party whilst we're at it!

I started on the Coventry Cottage. Already it is screaming at me. I am lowering the second floor, so that it is livable. If everything goes as planned, I will be adding a tower in the middle... If you want to see, it's on my blog yesterday and today. Just poke my blog changes daily below my name.

...If everything goes as planned, I will be adding a tower in the middle...

Minis on the Edge made the entry of hers into a twoer room: http://www.greenleafdollhouses.com/forum/index.php?app=blog&module=display&section=blog&blogid=15&showentry=665

Holly, if all goes as planned, my tower will be at the back, where the two gables meet. It will be another actual room. The roof of the porch will be an open terrace. Maybe with a canopy roof. Fingers crossed.

• Like 1

Looking fw to seeing more of that Casey. Ive had that kit for years, that short second floor stops me from actually opening the box and building it. When I do it, I'll prob leave it off and add rafters....someday.

Happily working on my DC Tudor, I had cut a large opening for a cozy fireplace and after staring at it for days on end, finally had a breakthrough and am almost finished with it (the fireplace). Im happy to have gotten to the point in this hobby where I can be more effective buying mini lumber than I can be buying a prebuilt piece of furniture.

I'll be watching your blog, and I checked out the last few posts you made. I had to laugh to myself what you said about the witch luring the children in...when I bought this kit I bought it to make it into a Hansel and Gretel witches cottage, the top of the porch was (or is, maybe) going to hold a large plaster upside down ice cream cone ;-)

I hope that I didn't offend your witch, Karin. LOL. The upside down ice cream cone sounds fun! Is the oven self cleaning? It should be. When H and G push her in and put it on "self cleaning", there will be nothing left but a big pile of ashes....

It will be a long time before I do anything with it, unless it starts talking louder than it has been. I'll be enjoying watching what Casey does with it though. I've always thought Tracys Coventry was my favorite of all of her houses.

I've shied away from this kit because, to me, it looked so "off" for the floor plan and second story. I'm so glad to see/hear what you folks are doing with it. It certainly puts it in a whole other perspective. I like what I see in these adaptations.

While I'm still waiting on the replacement parts for my Georgian Townhouse, I spent the day yesterday on a small project. I made a dollhouse, about 1:1728 scale, to go into a 1:144 setting. The "house" is from an address label - the kind we get free in the mail, hoping we'll donate to one cause or another. This one sported birdhouses on each label - lucky me! So here's my little house ...

• Like 2

I am eager to get to work on my Orchid today after I get caught up after a 3-day weekend. I guess its time to look at the directions....lol I have the house put together minus the roofs and gables. That's what I will try to get to later today.