What's everyone working on?

I thought of that Holly except I have the hole on the second floor to cover and I got paint all over the downstairs floor by accident. I covered the hole from the downstairs ceiling side with ceiling paper so that looks good.

I wish I could stain the floors they would look nice! I am always going three steps forward and four back!!! :p

• Like 1

I didn't get any mini work done today , I have what I think is a pinched nerve in my hip , hurts so bad I can barely walk and the pain meds aren't doing a thing. :( John has had a cough and cold the past couple of days , went to the doctor this morning and they called a little while ago and said he tested positive for the N1 flu . We both had our flu shots , guess they don't work on that strain. What a crappy day.

Tracy, I've looked at the veneer sheets on ebay but I have not bought yet. Can you think of any innovative way to use them as flooring in our large houses since the rooms are so large?

Thanks

Renea

You know, I've not really thought about that yet. It is very economical, especially for that large house.

They could be cut into strips, I was thinking of maybe doing that for the Harrison I'm working on. Or maybe even squares, that would be easy too. 2 or 3 colors in a simple pattern maybe.

Or maybe one large sheet in the middle of a room, with a different color border, and another in the corners, that might would look neat too.

• Like 1

Thanx so much for giving the link Tracy-I didn't think to earlier-duh on me! lol

And as for large areas,Renea,you get so much of each stain color in one order I think you could do quite a big area. Tracy has some really good suggestions-Take a look at Stacey's gallery where she mixed two stain colors and made some really cool floors! And the seller will work with you on giving you more sheets of one certain stain,so you really can't lose!

I like it because it isn't real expensive,it's already stained,it cuts super easy,and you just peel off the backing and apply-it does not need glue,I promise you! I have traced floor and wall planks onto the paper backing and cut them out and I have also used a cheapy craft knife to score planks on the front and separate them into pieces-not sure that makes sense,but it's just so easy to use,in my opinion! :)

It will solve covering your stairwell gap,Roxy-no one will be able to tell it ever had a hole! :)

• Like 1

Stacey, I didn't read in the forum much yesterday. I am sorry you are in so much pain and John is sick with the flu......sending you healing Hugs feel better!

I don't know what I am doing with the floors.

Edited:

Ok I sanded the paint off the raw floors, "stained" the floor by painting it with slightly watered down brown acrylic paint, wiped it down with a rag and it looks pretty good. I think that is what it is going to be. When it dries I will seal it with modge podge. I guess I will disguise the stair opening area which I couldn't stain with a piece of furniture or a rug and call it a day. :p

• Like 2

Boy do I ever agree with that one Holly! I can't stand the odors and fumes from stain and poly. Its warm enough out in the courtyard today I am going to spray seal the floors later. Plus, the paint dries fast out here! I over think things sometimes! The floor will be fine!
I did manage to get the brown paint on the bottom on the ceiling so I had to rip off the ceiling paper and I will have to repaper that......figures! :bangin:

Edit: I think I will wait a day to be sure the floors are completely dry!!!

I started my "Arthur" kit last week. Have stained floors, painted inside and out, and painted (for outside) and stained (for inside) the window trim. Now to dry fit. Going for a "folk art" look with painted furniture and lots of detail. This house will be inhabited (I think) by Mrs. Black Cat.

• Like 3

Still looking at the Allison, silently begging me to begin working on it.... The Garfield still has to be completed! I need wallpaper for thr Allison before I can begin working on her though.. because her process will go much faster. |

~morningstar~

• Like 2

I've been working on the weaver's workshop for the past two days.... The Coventry Cottage landed on my front porch this morning... Any bets on how long it is going to take for me to switch directions? VBEG

• Like 3

Holly! We think alike! LOL. My fingers are itching to open it, but I am going to finish at least the windows on the weaver's workshop today. My Coventry is going to be a gardener's cottage. Grab one and let's get to work!

Roxy, which one did you peek at? Inquiring minds want to know...

...Grab one and let's get to work!...

I wish! The cement floor of the workshop has finally cured enough that the next warm-ish day we have we can clean, scrub and etch the floor and rinse it, and when it's totally dry we can paint it, and then go buy all the plywood sheets to cover the walls, and THEN begin moving all the tools, workbenches and my kits and supplies out there! My first project is to see if Mildred is salvageable and rebuild whatever needs rebuilding, and get dont with the first floor so I can start decorating the second floor's interior. I can't really focus on too mini projects at one time, and Mildred's voice is strident!

If you are interested, I glued the Orchid together this afternoon! I just couldn't wait plus the Mouse Family was nagging me all day to get it done. They want to move in as soon as possible. A picture is posted in my Greenleaf Blog ( not the one at the bottom of my editor).

Casey, I peeked at the Buttercup.....its so cute! :p

• Like 2

Love it,love it,love it! Your floors are fab,Roxy! The blue wallpaper floor is my favorite. I can't wait for more! I think the mouse family likes their new home a lot,btw. Oh,and I cannot wait to see how you do your Buttercup-it's on my wannagetsomeday list. :D

• Like 1

I am totally delighted to report that yesterday I had 4 hours to myself at the house! That hasn't happened for at least a year! Some of my mother's friends decided on a lunch date and came and picked her up, then dropped her off at her nail appointment after lunch. I picked her up after that. So I put on some music, and spread my minis out on the kitchen counter - and constructed 16 windows for my micro house. These are 2-sided, with acrylic "glass" panes in the center. Very tedious work. I don't know which thrilled me more - the progress on the micro house, or having my RL house to myself. Such a treat! :)

• Like 3