What's everyone working on?

I've been slowly working on the Fairfield. I started doing the exterior siding, the house is going to be a shade of green that I quite like so I can't wait to get more of the siding do that get the house painted!

. I built the Seaside Villa shell this weekend. The house is really quite large! trying to decide on what color I will paint the exterior and how i'm going to decorate it:)

I think that I have arrived at the last building for my village. I didn't post the last 3 buildings that I completed I think I am going to make you wait until I have the village all done.... :bear:

My hands hurt so much I had to take a few days off from working on the project. I think I can manage a little sanding today....we shall see!
I did tie a bunch of eensy weensy bows for the Christmas wreaths yikes is that FIDDLY work!

• Like 1

Spent the weekend working to finish up the Colonial...almost did it too, but had a few glitches so I will try to finish up the stairs tonite.

I hadn't figured on painting the exterior-just giving it a good cleaning. Well, after the exterior trim was painted I realized that the body color had too much of a yellow undertone ......so I had to paint. LOL It is a very subtle difference, but the stucco now has a taupe undertone and blends much better with the existing window colors.

I was irritated that I had some issues with wallpaper bubbles - - ggrrrr- - but overall I like how it turned out. I will post some pics soon.

It is less than 2 weeks until the craft fair.....can I finish one more house????

• Like 1

I learned the extreme value of dry fitting today

And cheap paint looks crappy!

Yep, been here, done this. Sigh.

One thing that helps clean up paint, is, after it's thoroughly dry, lightly sand with very fine sand paper, or even Holly's paper bags. It smooths out the finish and looks 100% better. Try it on a test piece first!

I think that I have arrived at the last building for my village. I didn't post the last 3 buildings that I completed I think I am going to make you wait until I have the village all done.... :bear:

My hands hurt so much I had to take a few days off from working on the project. I think I can manage a little sanding today....we shall see!

I did tie a bunch of eensy weensy bows for the Christmas wreaths yikes is that FIDDLY work!

Here's some help for those fiddly bows:

http://miniatures.about.com/od/techniques/ss/miniribbonbow.htm

Spent over two hours today drilling holes in wood for my Hobbit House and found out that it's not nearly as easy as it looks. The drill bit was longer than I needed, so I had to prop my wood up on two other wooden boards to make sure I wouldn't drill through my RL table. Finally got it done but it's definitely making me rethink additional windows....yeah I know, I'm gonna break down and do them all, but it will definitely be early in the day when I'm fresh and perky! Oh, and my new ham came yesterday.

post-4992-0-93643800-1383030093_thumb.jppost-4992-0-13327800-1383030166_thumb.jp

• Like 1

Thanks Judith! I use to have one of those bow makers for regular sized bows........very useful and fun to use.
I didn't realize that you were making a Hobbit House!!! ( or if I did I forgot) :glare: I have to check this out I love the Hobbit!

It's TWINS!! :D:banana:

Houses, that is..... saw them on CL and am in the process of trying to coerce bribe make arrangements with my kids that live in the area to pick them up for me.

I don't even own them yet and they are already speaking to me! The pink one wants to be red with white trim and black shutters, while the blue one prefers to be green and would love to have a little addition on the side for a formal dining room. :bigwink:

Oh my....I am renovating houses at the moment that are to be SOLD at a craft fair-with the idea being to GET RID of some houses! NOT to make room for more! LOL :bangin:

post-5285-0-42198800-1383064926_thumb.jp

• Like 2

h my....I am renovating houses at the moment that are to be SOLD at a craft fair-with the idea being to GET RID of some houses! NOT to make room for more! LOL :bangin:

Jackie :roflmao: !!!!

Let's do the math. I had 14 houses, I got rid of 11 of them before I moved...I made 8 more since I got here......small ones but where does that leave me??? Answer: Looking for more places to put them .......again! :whistle:

I Modge Podged the crappy paint that I did yesterday and it looks a whole lot better. The only thing is, Modge Podge Matte is still a bit shiney but I was worried that I would have to sand down and repaint the entire thing if the sealer didn't work....Whew!!!!

Love it! Go for it,Jackie!! I am still working to get one house built,but I know once it's done,I won't stop there! Luckily,I currently lean toward the smaller model 12 scale houses,(Orchids,etc.) not the big Victorians,so room shouldn't be an issue for me for awhile. Y'all have helped me to tell myself it's okay to let go and just do something you love,just for you! I'm so glad!!

post-6081-0-26309500-1383233589_thumb.jp

Continue to work on the 4th floor of Morningside Mansion. I opted not to side the cupola but used a roller to give small amount of texture. As with all the other windows, the cupola windows didn't fit either. Have the angled roof areas ready to glue. As the directions kindly said that where they don't fit together perfectly, the areas will be covered by shingles. Waiting for the shingles to arrive.

While I was at it, didn't like the wallpaper job in two of the 3rd floor rooms, so off it came. Have to finish removing that today.

• Like 2

attachicon.gif4th floor.JPGContinue to work on the 4th floor of Morningside Mansion. I opted not to side the cupola but used a roller to give small amount of texture. As with all the other windows, the cupola windows didn't fit either. Have the angled roof areas ready to glue. As the directions kindly said that where they don't fit together perfectly, the areas will be covered by shingles. Waiting for the shingles to arrive.While I was at it, didn't like the wallpaper job in two of the 3rd floor rooms, so off it came. Have to finish removing that today.

This is a really beautiful and elegant house. Despite the frustrations you are dealing with, from the thumbnail photos it looks like it will be gorgeous when complete! :)

• Like 1