What's everyone working on?

Mini more years ago than I care to recall, when our eldest son was entering his twos, I made the mistake of praying for patience; less than a month later our church had invited a Franciscan brother in to conduct a school of prayer. He taught us two major things that have stayed with me throughout the past 43 years; one is that God always answers our prayers for virtue by giving us opportunities to learn, cultivate and otherwise deal with situations that teach us those things; and so I have patience... I also have two more sons, one of them with a mental illness that has provided me even more patience...

The other thing is that we all have guardian angels who are always with us. Mine certainly has come to the rescue quite a few times over the years!

I do confess being able to have all my stuff back out will be a treat!

• Like 2

I've been working on the seaside villa by norms dollhouse. I finished the siding last week and it has 2 coats of paint on it now. I will probably just need to do one more coat.

I placed an order for some windows today and scrounged up some windows from another dollhouse that I may never get around to building so that helps somewhat with the cost.

I'm home sick from work, not sure if I will do anything else for now, I'm feeling pretty yucky. anyway, that is what I've been working on recently.

Oh goodness ! I am losing motivation on The Columbian house. I just need to do the trim work, stairs and the windows and put the roof on.... But I just can't make myself do it. ! I have 2 ideas I've been sketching designs for and just can't get them out of my head. The one is a Roombox, i know what I want in it but don't have the furniture yet. I have to make it all myself. I can't find the material for the sofa ! And I've only made one sofa and it's not at all what I want this one to be. I hate when ideas jump in and I can't get them to go away till I have time. Lol. The other is using the the Coventry cottage. But I have other houses that need done to sell. I don't have any room to work in my craft room. I need motivation to get the Columbian done and sold. I did get pics of the hand built house today and I'll put those on as soon as I get them loaded. I really want it gone ASAP. I'll put the pics up of it, then work on at least one trim wall. And I want to get the heritage decorated for Christmas..... But cant find my Christmas minis since the craft room is full of rehab houses. Oh my... I need an intervention. Lol.

Kellee

You at least want to dirty up the ground in front of the kiln with ashes & soot (grated chalk pastels); I read your query about your landscape and I agree, it's awfully clean! I love how more real your subtle touchups have made it!

Its snowing......I think it might be a good day to open that box and start on village kit #3!!! That little Brimbles is just calling my name! I always wanted to do the full scale one so maybe this will satisfy the itch :p

• Like 3

You at least want to dirty up the ground in front of the kiln with ashes & soot (grated chalk pastels); I read your query about your landscape and I agree, it's awfully clean! I love how more real your subtle touchups have made it!

I just ordered some grass, grass tufts and 3 wild bushes from Scenic Express.I ws really impressed with the Heki meadow field grass that Brae used on the Aerosquadron Lounge.

It's all I can do not to order bricks to make a new kiln, although I'm thinking a thin layer of paper clay with brick lines incised might be a saner approach. (It bugs me that the pile of bricks that would be used to seal the kiln don't match the printed bricks.)

Kathie, I've just been looking at your pot shop rehab pictures and felt like I'd stepped back into my childhood. My mum was a well sold potter for many years and had a workshop at home; when we were younger we used to go to her potter friends places and before they formed a co-operative and opened their first shop we went to craft fairs and places that sold her pots on behalf. Thank you for the memories :)

• Like 2

Kathie, I've just been looking at your pot shop rehab pictures and felt like I'd stepped back into my childhood. My mum was a well sold potter for many years and had a workshop at home; when we were younger we used to go to her potter friends places and before they formed a co-operative and opened their first shop we went to craft fairs and places that sold her pots on behalf. Thank you for the memories :)

:blush: You're welcome.

I would first like to say how good it feels to be back!! I have the next 2 days off from work and am in desperate need of some mini therapy so I will be spending 2 full days, minus the time that I have to take to get some much needed house work done, working on finishing up the trim pieces on my BH and then I will be moving to the inside!! I have ordered all of my light fixtures, door knobs and the rest of the wall paper that I need to finish the inside. I already have all of the trim and furniture that I need to fill it, so I am getting excited. I have been working on this house for 3 plus years, it is nice to see it all coming together the way I had envisioned it. I will post more pictures at the end of the weekend.

I have been gradually working on the rowhouse's hinged panels, bathroom, and kitchen. I just posted a blog about the hinges and what went wrong. They're in a reasonably good state now but I still have a little touch-up work to do before they'll be as good looking as I want them to be.

In the bathroom, I'm adding trim and tinkering with my decidedly un-permitted shower. In the kitchen, I got in the trim around the window and backsplash.

post-7-0-45997000-1385175566_thumb.jpg post-7-0-53888200-1385175550_thumb.jpg post-7-0-98136600-1385175537_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Concrete got poured today and the rest of the day will be finishing the surfaces; in addition to the workshop and stoop they expanded the slab behind our back door so we can put a screen porch ot there. I paused just long enough to do a happy dance!

I'm so happy for your progress, and hope you'll post some pictures.

No pictures. No camera.

We now have three windows and a back door. When the front double door gets here and installed the exterior walls and roof go on; hopefully by then we'll have the electrician and plumber lined up.

• Like 1

No pictures. No camera.

We now have three windows and a back door. When the front double door gets here and installed the exterior walls and roof go on; hopefully by then we'll have the electrician and plumber lined up.

I can see you now Holly, you look like this :bouncesmile:

:)

No pictures. No camera.

Just a suggestion - maybe pick up an inexpensive digital one at WalMart or borrow one for documenting your construction process. We did that when we were rebuilding and it has been invaluable for repairs since then. You always think you're going to remember where all the innards are until after they are covered up and you need to know something. It's also good if you have construction related problems occur down the road. You can get a decent one for these basic purposes for around $50 unless you think you want to become a photographer or something. It might save you a headache later on plus you can use it for your hiking trips and minis as a bonus.

• Like 1

The toolkit is wonderful!

Thanks. I'm a bit puffed up over it. :) I need to make a few more tools to leave lying here and there -- on the sink, counter, wheel.

I bought some Fimo and chenille pipe cleaners at Michael's this afternoon to make the potter while I wait for the landscaping stuff. Somewhere I saw a step-by-step for making facial features, hands, etc. Now, if I can remember where I saved it ...

• Like 2