What's everyone working on?

Kathie, look at numbers 12, 16, and 23 for feet, face, and hands. I think these are pretty great tutorials. I don't know if they are the ones you are thinking about.

http://www.cdhm.org/tutorials/miniatures.html

Thanks, Deborah. Those are much like the ones I remember. #24 (suggestions for tools) is also helpful. Tomorrow I'll walk over to the drugstore for some inexpensive manicure tools. :)

• Like 1

Somewhere I saw a step-by-step for making facial features, hands, etc. Now, if I can remember where I saved it ...

There is always the Jodi Creager face series on Utube.

For some reason I can't make the links work. It's a 9 part series. If you type in Creager Sculpting they will come up. I'm too tired to figure out what I'm doing wrong on the links.

• Like 1

There is always the Jodi Creager face series on Utube.

For some reason I can't make the links work. It's a 9 part series. If you type in Creager Sculpting they will come up. I'm too tired to figure out what I'm doing wrong on the links.

Wow! That's setting the bar really high! I'll watch the series.

I bought one of the 6" wooden artist's mannikins and I have a 6" Halloween skeleton to use for 3-D reference. This should be fun. :D

Why is it that whenever you had no intention of shopping, all the nice goodies fall into your lap? these landed right above my knees and I couldn't resist. Darn that Bobo he always has such neat little kitchen stuff and he knows I can't say no. I'm fully working on the Hobbit House, but the little commode is just perfect for the Bronte build. And as usual I had to bring in more supplies for that Hobbit pantry. Hobbits are some hungry little boogers.

post-4992-0-27699500-1385538245_thumb.jppost-4992-0-99468000-1385538261_thumb.jppost-4992-0-12669000-1385538277_thumb.jppost-4992-0-72220200-1385538300_thumb.jppost-4992-0-87684000-1385538336_thumb.jp

• Like 3

Oh, Judith, that itty milk pitcher is adorable!

Agreed!

The landscaping materials arrived yesterday. Now I have supplies for making the potter and doing the landscaping (except for the driveway). I really need to get to the big box store for a piece of plywood and some framing material to make a tray base for the pottery shop before I do the landscaping. Also need some kitchen cabinet organizers from the same place -- Lowes. Time to make a to-do list and prioritize. ... Nah, that's not me. I'm guessing that when I walk away from the computer, I'll first clean up the tool-making debris or make some more tools. Must focus, must focus, must focus ... :hmm:

• Like 1

Last weekend I picked up some translucent patterned scrapbook paper at Michaels. I used it to give the rowhouse bathroom window and the front door an "etched" effect. I think this was Brae's trick originally. The bathroom window had a blemish on the plexiglass that I needed to cover up. After I did it for the window I thought it would look neat on the door, too.

post-7-0-63144100-1385604289_thumb.jpg post-7-0-24858300-1385604134_thumb.jpg post-7-0-36590000-1385604150_thumb.jpg

• Like 3

Oh, Judith, that itty milk pitcher is adorable!

Isn't that cute? I've had my eye on it for a while, but didn't have a use for it, so surprisingly (for me) I passed it up. But now that the Hobbit's have stuck their furry little feet into the mix I couldn't say no. I'm begining to realize that for me building mini's is more about the accessories than the house. There must be a closet decorator in me somewhere :giggle:

Today I bricked the pottery shop kiln with a veneer made from terracotta colored air dry clay. I think I can make the slight irregularities between the slabs disappear with some paint. More photos in my blog.

gallery_818_4177_13603.jpg

The manikin I got to use as a model for the potter got loose. I found him messing around in the pot shop.

gallery_818_4177_111728.jpg

Will you look at that clay dust ... it's everywhere!

• Like 1

I love this project Kathie!!! Its fun to follow your progress!!!

I am getting a 1:12 scale Orchid!!!! I SAID that I wasn't going to build any more full size houses but I have always wanted that little Orchid! I have to find the thread in the Gallery and look at how everyone has done their Orchids!!!! I am soooooooo excited can you tell? :banana:

I am finishing the Brookfield. It could be given as is, but I have a few things more I want to do. Then I have a wooden puzzle barn kit to do and a wooden puzzle 'Arthur' knock-off to do. Some ornaments to make and some terrariums for Christmas gifts. Then I might start on the other dollhouses I have in line, waiting.

• Like 1