What's everyone working on?

MicroJivvy, I like your folk art Santa a lot. I'm always attracted to these things, and yours is especially nice and so tiny!

Emily, thanks for your kind words. I think I will be able to post some progress photos later. I don't think your tired of the row house, but just distracted by the new potential project from LDD. I'm still sighing about that house. You just had to show me, didn't you...

Thank you, all -- I like him, but I do see room for improvement.

Although, right now I'm a bit side tracked with planning a gingerbread house (making wee little gum drops tonight).

@Dalesq, I have a collection of folksy and "ye olde" santas (not miniatures)... I love the look.

• Like 1

The wee little gumdrops are less than 1/12th of an inch... because they're so incredibly wee, I'm not being particularly careful in shaping them... somewhat careful, but not particularly... but I am giving care to getting the texture right (the first set I made were failures). I've added quite a bit of translucent clay to the mix and now they're looking better.

• Like 1

The wee little gumdrops are less than 1/12th of an inch... because they're so incredibly wee, I'm not being particularly careful in shaping them... somewhat careful, but not particularly... but I am giving care to getting the texture right (the first set I made were failures). I've added quite a bit of translucent clay to the mix and now they're looking better.

I'd love to see photos of them. :)

For my memory house I want a jar of large gumdrops. My great grandmother used to keep a big appothocary jar on her bedroom dresser full of giant gumdrops. She'd hold open the jar for us to pick one out as a special treat. Funny what you remember from childhood.

• Like 1

I'm currently in pre-bake production mode (I'm not firing up the toaster oven until all of them can go in -- they'll certainly fit, lol), but after I get them baked, I'll fire up the macro function on my camera and take some pics. ;)

• Like 1

That is so sweet,Debora! And yum!! With my maternal grandma it was Wrigley's gum-Juicy Fruit and Spearmint-in her big black purse (always the same style and color)-the only time we knew of that it was okay to get into someone's purse,cuz she never minded! I can't wait to see the gumdrops,Jivvy!

• Like 1

gallery_368_6465_9237.jpg

As promised, here are the gumdrops -- approximately 150 of them.

They are easy to make, but tedious! Roll out a skinny snake of clay, roll the tip in Crystal Snow, cut off the tip, reform the snake so that it again has a tip, roll that tip in Crystal snow, cut off the tip... repeat 150 times and bake. :)

• Like 6

O.K. you will all be proud of me..... I opened the Dura Craft Victorian 600 just to see if the wood was fine.

( I read that older kits go bad) It was fine and inclusive with siding and everything, but I taped the box up.

I turned around and apologized to my Fairfield and WILL finish her first.

Gail :bear: ( Bear says I did the right thing) :D

• Like 2

Oh well, the best laid plans as they say….

It was my intent to do my Hobbit Hole house without the “Hobbit Hill” top and only a Plexiglas roof to keep out over eager fingers. But as we all know, we make plans and the dollhouse universe just laughs at us. I got some unusual packing material in one of my deliveries last week. It looks to be some kind of Styrofoam incased in grey plastic bags so I held on to it “just in case’” – you know how that goes. Unfortunately for me the house saw it and now has demanded a regulation Hobbit Hill as its top. So new plan – the house will still have the sliding Plexiglas top, but now it will also have the Hill on hinges over it – that’ll teach me to throw out the packing stuff once I get the goodies. LoL

And speaking of goodies I got some cool little stuff this week. As you know I was really bummed out about the “substitution” (doesn’t look anything like what you advertised) ham that I got, but as luck would have it I found a better one that really is one of a kind by an artist named Janet Uyetake. I forgot to grab a picture of it before I paid for it, and as soon as it was paid for it came down off the site so I’ll have to wait and show you that when it comes but here are the other goodies I got and that danged packing stuff that just made my life more complicated.

post-4992-0-21384500-1382492503_thumb.jppost-4992-0-10137000-1382492517_thumb.jppost-4992-0-77438000-1382492539_thumb.jppost-4992-0-04382300-1382492562_thumb.jppost-4992-0-04882000-1382492583_thumb.jppost-4992-0-43166000-1382492607_thumb.jppost-4992-0-13895000-1382492626_thumb.jppost-4992-0-88384700-1382492650_thumb.jppost-4992-0-18960800-1382492668_thumb.jppost-4992-0-42593600-1382492489_thumb.jp

For those of you who are not familiar with Hobbits, they have near insatiable appetites, which is why I've been buying so many food items lately - have to stock those pantries! All of these items will be a part of the house.

• Like 1

I've made more progress on the White Rose. I put in ceiling papers. Built and installed the dormer. Started gluing in the floor papers, and then completely trashed one of the floors. Fortunately I saw the damage and was able to get it out before the glue set up. Then I had to go hunting for that particular floor paper, and it's been months so it took me awhile to find it. Since I was able to pull up the paper in time I set it aside to dry so I can use it as a pattern for the room, because it's a fairly exact cut with a little cutout. So that one is going to take more time. But all in all, I keep getting close to finishing the inside.

I also cut out a pattern for an exterior fireplace, but don't know if I like it well enough. I looked at dozens of fireplaces, but may go with a simple box. I'll keep at it.

I though I had made a mess of my new D.C. Ashley's 2nd story floor,right at the beginning,trying to scribe floor boards into the wood.They looked childish and more rustic than I want. But I bought stain today,Minwax "Special Walnut",and tried it-what did I have to loose?-and,well,not bad at all! I need to go over the long board lines,scribe them again for more definition,but it isn't as horrible as I first thought!! I will use this stain on the interior trim,with mostly white walls. I also picked up a couple of cheap bottles of acrylic craft paint for the exterior trim,just a simple green,Apple Barrel's "Holly Branch". I like it,but not sure it's 'the one',for the exterior wood trim and the porch-the exterior walls will be white. Now,I've got to study up on board and batten and see if I want to attempt it on this house....

• Like 1

Judith, I love the lamp and the "Home Sweet Home" sign :)

(Also, thanks for changing your font to one that's easier to read :) )

Huh? Well I'm glad you can read it, but I don't know what you're talking about, I haven't changed my font, this is the one I always use - Comic Sans

Well I did it again, went shopping, only this time I caught myself before I exceeded my budget too badly (only a little over this time). But I am through for the month (promise) no more shopping until next month. But since those pantries have to be filled I had to get these:

post-4992-0-52795800-1382579353_thumb.jppost-4992-0-88436300-1382579382_thumb.jppost-4992-0-65564400-1382579440_thumb.jppost-4992-0-73662100-1382579453_thumb.jppost-4992-0-42828500-1382579471_thumb.jp

• Like 1

Wasn't the color brighter?

Uh uh..always use the same blue. But I think sometimes when you use a bigger font it looks darker - like it's in bold. I'll have to watch that if you guys are having a hard time reading...I'll just make it bigger like this!

• Like 2

Bigger is great for these tired eyes (in type only, half scale still rules!).

Judith, apologies. It must be my iPad. I definitely am not seeing Comic Sans. Your posts always appear in light blue Snell Roundhand or a similar flourished script in teensy weeny point size. So it's probably just me. Sorry.

And I apologize,too,Judith! I could have sworn it was sometimes in fuschia,or bright purple pink,(same diff, I guess!). I have no better explanation except fatigue and getting older!!Hey,I like the bigger print too. :p

Lovin' all the mini food! What a cool project!

Wow isn"t that weird. Those devices must convert to the closest font type in their memory. Weird huh? Well I'll be sure to keep that in mind when I post and make it large so everyone can read...pink or fushia huh? Now that is strange. Technology...go figure LOL

• Like 2