What's everyone working on?

I just finished revamping the Crooked Cottage. It is a Tudor half timber that I bought last year. I did it for an professional embroiderer in the Elizabethan era.

If you would like to see it, please punch the "my blog changes daily" below my signature.

Brae, Just saw your post! I love it!!!!

I said I wouldn't, I said I shouldn't, I said I couldn't........but I did it.......I had a brain fart and decided I HAD to make just one more house for my Christmas Village!

I started prepping it today. Are you sick to death of hearing about this village yet? This is absolutely the LAST building I am going to include for Christmas! :xmas:

• Like 2

Yes,I love hearing about your 1/4 scale village,Roxy! Before I came to Greenleaf,I was a 12 scale snob,I think-that was all I was ever going to build or own! I haven't even finished one 12 scale house yet and look at all the fun-and some aggravation,I know-but mostly the fun you have had! I love it! And actually,yay for all scales! I see now that they are all incredible in their own ways! Fun,fun,fun! :D

I managed to get some more molding done in the 1/2 scale bungalow. Let's just say the angle cuts, even with my Easy-cutter, are NOT my friend :mad: Only one more doorway to go then I can add the second floor! I'd love to get this house done by Christmas, but my track record is not the best when it comes to finishing as planned :roflmao:

I missed the Halloween sale for 20% off so I have to wait for Veterans Day sale......I have to get the third village set!!! I can't help myself!!!

I wish they had more of the GL regular scale houses in 1/4 scale now!

Well, I started working on the Pink Colonial - one of "The Twins". the houses are in good shape and should be a quick fix-up.

I painted the first coat last nite and will do the second coat tonite. It will now be burgundy with black shutters. I already like the new color- it looks great with the shingle roof! I had wanted to do siding in more of a reddish shade, but I wanted this to be more-or-less ready for the craft show this weekend so I just opted to just paint over the pink. I also considered stucco....but then decided that this is not a very good quality house, so I wasn't going to go overboard in fixing it up. It can be the "budget-friendly" house. :bigwink: Hoping to get floors and wallpaper finished so that I can work on installing the baseboards and window trims during the show.

• Like 1

I did it! I completed the 10th building in quarter scale!!! I am taking a break and getting them ready to be decorated for Christmas! Its hard finding things to use for decorations because they are so small. All my regular 1 inch scale minis are way too large! I would love to find some of those tiny pine cones but there isn't a tree in sight out here...hah! I am experimenting with printies, trying to scale down 1 inch printies to quarter inch. By the time they get that small they are really tough to cut out!!! I am using baby fingernail scissors.

• Like 4

OOPS! I forgot to say, Debora, I haven't taken any pictures of the last few houses that I finished. I thought I might add more to them. Maybe tomorrow between loads of laundry I will get to it! :)

I just keep looking at all of them! I when I first got the 2 sets I thought it would take me a year to make off the those little buildings!!! I am still debating on set #3!

• Like 1

OOPS! I forgot to say, Debora, I haven't taken any pictures of the last few houses that I finished. I thought I might add more to them. Maybe tomorrow between loads of laundry I will get to it! :)

I just keep looking at all of them! I when I first got the 2 sets I thought it would take me a year to make off the those little buildings!!! I am still debating on set #3!

What's to debate, when you consider how much fun you're having?

True, I could always expand the village to a town! I have some ideas from Selkie on other types of buildings I can do. Have to wait for a sale!

I just made two christmas trees and attached a set of itsy bitsy teensy weensy battery christmas light strands to each! They are going to look so cute!

• Like 2

Went to buy 2 mice for my computers yesterday and came out of the store with this: Build a Christmas Village

It's just a paper kit. It includes glitter and glue and book of instructions. Not sure of the scale yet as I haven't unwrapped it all yet. It has one set of buildings ready to punch out and build with additional templates in the back of the book to create your own sizes or additional pieces. Got it for the kiddos to try, so we'll see if it works out.

Funny how even purchasing computer accessories turns into a mini run.

• Like 2

I've been working on the White Rose, and I'm dying to start applying exterior finishes, but every time I think I'm ready to start cutting the siding I realize I need to order yet more trim, or what-have-you. And figure out the layers. And there is some math too. Sigh.... So it's been sort of stop...start...stop. I got so frustrated today I decided to clean up my work area that was still piled up with Spring Fling debris :lol:

Clearing clutter clears the mind (at least it works for me).

I'm even considering starting the lighthouse or the buttercup/bash, or both :rofl: so that when I get to these pauses with the White Rose I can just switch gears to one of the other houses. Of course, the Tennyson might protest, but it's waiting for a new base. It's getting too heavy and needs a more sturdy table that I can move around.

I'm trying to work on just one at a time.... I did tape down fresh parchment paper on the worktable surface.... Maybe more tidying is called for...

• Like 1

I am working on The Columbian, I rescued it a few years ago and now it almost completed and will be ready for its new home hopefully by next weekend. I plan to list it on Craigslist as soon as it is finished. :)

I also pulled out the huge mansion house I got a couple years ago and as soon as my son gets home we will get pics of it and have it posted on Craigslist hopefully tonight. I had plans for the house when I got it but it is just too big for me to keep.

Wish me luck on getting these sold and to loving homes. :)

Kellee

Well folks......I went and ordered the third set of the quarter scale villages!! I couldn't help myself...I knew I had to have them I will be wishing that GL makes another set as I will need more buildings soon! I might reorder the first set and do the inside of the Arthur. I love the first one I made but the wood frames that I saved are too cracked up to make new pieces from I am afraid. Anyway, I decided that I am is this far I may as well keep going! :)

• Like 2