It's not only houses that talk

Jo Med

I bought 5 little single beds with the intention of making daybeds to sell - who am I kidding, I can't let these little fellows go - not yet anyway.

No 1 was trial run for Rutland Grange so it had an Egyptian Revival theme going on. I was quite happy with it but it wanted more. I found some great little statues on my local flea market on Thursday and they have made the daybed beam with pleasure - just look.

gallery_4015_3070_1151273.jpg

No 2 daybed liked the look of No 1 but it wanted to be a little more sophisticated - and a few more curves so I gave it padding - see what you think

gallery_4015_3070_1586315.jpg

N0 3 daybed - well what can I say, it took me completely by surprise and turned into an overstuffed sofa - hmmm not sure where this one will go.

gallery_4015_3070_1166343.jpg

No's 4 and 5 are sitting silently in their boxes at the moment - perhaps a little worried about turning out like No 3 daybed.

This has been temendous fun for me and I would recommend having a go at something like this to anyone. Buy very cheap furniture and don't be afraid of ripping it apart (that was a big step for me) These have been quite easy to make - except for No 3 who challenged me but was so demanding I had to finish it.

I will no doubt update you on the daybed story when 4 & 5 make their wishes known and are ready to take their place in the spotlight on the used pizza base.

Well after 1,2, and 3 were showcased, no's 4 and 5 were a little more reticent. Then no.4 started to drop unsubtle hints. It wanted to be very regal, elegant, worth of a chateau on the outskirts of Paris. The cottagey look of no. 3 wasn't for this daybed - oh no. Hmmm - problem here - money is a little tight at the moment, Replicast do a fabulous bed canopy but its not cheap, thinking cap on and with a little trial and error - da da - here is the toilet roll daybed. not an elegant title but its not one to forget its roots.

I am very pleased with the way this one came out - I love it although I have no idea where it will go.

Hope you like it as much as I do - more pics in my gallery in the album "Minis I've made"

gallery_4015_3610_1100513.jpg

Muriel, thanks for the lovely comment.

Donna, That's a great idea about making duplicates to sell. The e-bay shop I got them from doesn't seem to have any left - maybe I cleared them out but its abed I have seen in several mini shops. I just need to wait until I have a bit more cash floating around.

Fov, They were from an E-Bay shop - this is the link

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...e=STRK:MEWNX:IT

They were £4.95 each and I bought 4 because I already had one of these that I paid a couple of pounds more for but I liked the shape so much. At that price, if you make a mistake or mess up, its not the end of the world. I have a couple of Genowen beds that I would like to do something similar with but they were far more costly so I need to get some practice in before tackling those.