Red or Green?

rbytsdy

Hi folks, I have been playing hookie with the San Fran and working on this Christmas roombox instead... :giggle: Please excuse the Christmas decor draped willy-nilly... Fiddling around with some upholstery, looking at the (tiny!) pictures in Ernie's latest catalogue for design inspiration-- the green is my 1st attempt, then the red; I shortened the width and depth up on the red, and reclined it a bit as well. Which do you think looks better in this space, or should I keep going and try another color? (Maybe darkening the red's decorative cord would help it...)

Both chairs are just wonderful. Love the red chair, but my eye is drawn to the chair and not the rest of the room. With the green chair, I take all of the room instead of just the one chair.

Thanks to all of you for your kind words and your picks! (Though it seems to be almost 50-50 right now!) I polled hubby also, and he says he thinks the green goes with the wallpaper better though he thinks that it could do with more pleats and a different pillow fabric... I think that each of you is right-- the red pops and the green blends, but I think that for this roombox I am looking for the chair to blend rather than pop... (I could have the pillow pop, I think that might work...)

The green was just a prototype, something I patched together quickly to see how it looked-- I might try it over again with more attention to detail, more pleats and perhaps some different cord trim.

I have been having such fun with this little box! I have been meaning to do it for over a year now, for a friend, but never found just the right box for it-- so when I finally found the cocker spaniel that I needed, I went to Lowe's and got some 1/4" plywood which hubby very nicely cut out for me, and really went to town on this project! It's a nice diversion to build things that won't be touched because they'll be fixed in place behind glass-- the chairs don't have proper upholstered backs, for example, and the staircase is made of balsa and cardboard, and the little corner table's drawer is entirely faux though hubby tried to open it, which is a sort of compliment, I suppose... :giggle:

I vote for the green chair but maybe that's because on my PC the red chair looks more of a deep pink colour.

The green chair will allow the eye to pick out all the christmasy things when you add them rather than drawing the eye into the chair only. BTW - great job, its lovely so far.

Jo