Greenleaf's Third Annual Spring Fling Contest

Well it happened........

Last night while moving some stuff around the kit feel to the floor! :D

Well the only thing wrong with it that I can tell is the first floor is loose from the wall just a little bit though not all of it is loose... hmmmm will have to do some working on it tonight and see if

I am able to fix it....

Sigh!

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I want to build it all in such a way that I can get the most use of my three pictures.

Are any of you thinking this way also? I am thinking ahead about how I am going to stage it so that the things I want to be shown, get shown. Three pics may seem like a lot to some people...but to us die hard mini fans..it is not enough! ROFL

yes!!! i was just thinking about this today...3 pictures omg its going to be hard to get all aspects in...i think we should of had 4 :D after all we have been given a two roomed fling this year :D

and Jennifer...................poor fling :p i'm sure all will be well :p

oh mannn!

20$

bowiling with friends...spring filng supplies...bowling with friends...spring fling supplies.

hmmmmmmm bowling with friends :groucho: no ulterior motive of course :whistle: :p

I think for all intents and purposes, the inside is pretty much finished on mine except for a few decorations here or there and a couple wires to hide...the landscaping is next on the docket and then roofing. Of course, this is all going under the assumption that "it" doesn't suddenly decide it wants something else too :p :whistle:

I really wish my "other dh projects" went as quickly and smoothly as this one is going. I would have both the Colonial and the MHM done if that were the case :groucho:

Mine finally came today, and , thanks to the very accurate measurements given by Heidi, all the stuff I had already made fits perfectly :groucho: even the floor!!! thanks Heidi

Soooooooooooooooooooooooooo ........its Good Friday............i have the whole day and night at home on my own......i was thinking yippeeeeeeeeeeee spring fling marathon :jawdrop:............no glue :(.............shops are closed :giggle:.................might have to resort to working out how to make the ____________ look like its ___________ a crucial part of the whole fling i might add but still no clue as to how i'm going to do it :)

Jennifer - it sounds like you'll be able to rescue your ______. As Holly says, it is just wood - you can fix it! :giggle:

Jeffrey - enjoy your bowling with friends - there is still lots of time for the Fling. Since this contest is all about using our imaginations - I'm sure you will find ways to make use of supplies you already have on hand, rather than spending the "bowling money". :)

Linda - how close are you to your neighbours? Try knocking on their door, and ask to "borrow" a cup of glue. :jawdrop:

I had a minor cat - astrophe. Two of our three furkid darlings decided to be crash-test dummies ... and the Spring Fling house was what they were testing! Which two dummies? The two little hooligans, Tai and Willow, of course. My poor Spring Fling was shaken - in fact, she fell to pieces - but no real damage was done. (She was still in dry-fit.) I am going to devote as much time as I can to her tomorrow. She needs a lot of reassurance, plus some ___________, _________ and _________. A friend who is downsizing gave me some ________, a few _________ and a piece of ________ which just happens to be exactly what I need to make the _________! :(

This weekend I've got to get four income tax returns prepared. I always do my mum and dad's as well as Ray and my returns. I've got an older brother who's an accountant, but he's too busy to do mum and dad's returns. My sister (works in a bank and is a whiz with numbers) isn't interested. Isn't interested??? Its not about being interesting, its about helping mum and dad out. Anyway, I'll take tomorrow off to spend the day with Ray and then do the returns on Saturday. I usually spread them out over two days as otherwise its a long time to be hunched over a desk and calculator.

Then, when the tax returns are done, I'll get to work on my Spring Fling. I just love working on Greenleaf's Spring contest entries. They're always a lot of fun to put together.

-Susanne

Alright, I nearly have the interior and exterior walls finished and have starthed on the flooring. I watched Elizabeth and Elizabeth, the Golden Years for my late night construction entertainment. I've decided I need to make a run to the hardware store for some more ______, because available resources would make for one small ______! I know we're into minis, but one has to draw the line somewhere!

Its the last few days to put out stuff for the semi annual large garbage pickup, plus I need to fly off to Paris for the weekend (Idaho, that is) to spend Easter with my brother's family - its my niece's deferred birthday, too, since she was unable to celebrate on her birthday proper, and being out of the nest, so I don't know how much I'll get done.

I will take my supplies with me though, and take advantage of all my brothers power toys, er, tools!

I had a minor cat - astrophe. Two of our three furkid darlings decided to be crash-test dummies ..

My Fling is fine but my cats are acting bonkers too. Think it is Spring fever? They are racing around the house like demons on speed..LOL You have to be careful when you walk on the stairs cause you might get in their way.

No work for anyone and no school for Natalie today. I am going to clean off the table and work on the fling today.

What was your score Jeffrey?

well there was much conflict over what we were going to do, i suggested bowling or a movie and asked for suggestions and the other 3 guys were like uhh i dont know and that went on for 4 hours until 10pm when we finally went bowling....now i can tell why they werent too keen on the idea.

Final Scores

Jeff-108

Anthony- 34

Mike- 38

Matt- 60

:giggle:

ah well we all had fun anyway

and yes they all have wii sports....practice guys!

love wii sports, except my nine yr old son beats me at everything and then trash talks just to add insult to injury :yes:

You have to practice when he is not there! Then the next time you play, you will beat his lil butt. Or you can take his batteries out of his handheld and watch him squirm.

*i am a trash talker too*

I am still waiting for my kit to arrive, :cheer: so I am thinking I won't bother since I am running out of time and everyone else seems to have finished theirs already! This is what happens when you have no credit card and have to rely on Canada post. :cheer: Arghhh.....anyway I am not at all sure what to make the kit into :yes: , ah well I have swaps to make and other things to get on with. Good luck with your bungalow building. B)

I am still waiting for my kit to arrive, :cheer: so I am thinking I won't bother since I am running out of time and everyone else seems to have finished theirs already! This is what happens when you have no credit card and have to rely on Canada post. :cheer: Arghhh.....anyway I am not at all sure what to make the kit into :yes: , ah well I have swaps to make and other things to get on with. Good luck with your bungalow building. B)

I've not even opened the shipping box yet. This weekend I've got tax returns to prepare. I don't see me getting started until at least next weekend.

-Susanne

I don't know anyone that is finished yet.. Plus you have plenty of time still...

I have the structure to built and primed...

Plus I have dropped and hoping to get to work on it in a few minutes...

it only took me a few hours to build it so it is a quick build...

Vanessa, my kit is still that - a kit. It was in dry-fit until my cats "took it out". I wanted to work on it a lot today, but Life got in the way. I have a lot of "stuff" going on, which has put my Spring Fling down a way on my list of priorities. :yes: I'm not too worried, as there is still time.

I am almost done my interior and exterior. Just need a couple things for the outside of it. I'm waiting for a few things from ebay for the inside.

I started doing landscaping and I've never done that before. I like it so far tho.

I figure it will be pretty simple compared to others since It's the first one i've actually finished but I like it so far.

asherah

Vaness you have to build it!!! B) its an easy build goes together like a dream :yes:

You cant let us down on the eyecandy when they all go on show :cheer:...thats the best part of the whole competition, seeing what everyone did with it :cheer: