Greenleaf's Third Annual Spring Fling Contest

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm having a minor panick attack...besides being limited on time in the next 2 months....I was making a "list" of what order I should do things in, since it seems the theme is little more complicated than I thought...I will have to do some minor bashing...but I'm afraid to lose the overall"shape of the bungalow"...I guess I just need to do what I need to do to turn it into what it's supposed to be....by the way, she just whispered that in my ear while I was typing!lol

I was just looking back over the forum, and I see Deb's idea for the mill...that's funny, that was the same thought I had...I was going to make an old stone mill with waterwheel...I was looking outside and have tons of small landscaping stone and pea gravel...it would have really cut down on what I need to buy yet....but alas, on her way here, the bungalow just didn't like the idea...so now I'm going to make a ____________

I had a couple ideas and then the kit backhanded me on the back of my head..She said NO! I want to be THIS! I am not in a Flinging mood today. Maybe tomorrow. I have a couple things I have to purchase for it and I think my mojo will kick in when I get the needed things for her.

TiaMaria, it's a little difficult to see all the pieces in your pic - but I think they're all there.

So far, my weekend hasn't allowed any mini-time. I'm going to try and squeeze a bit in right now!

From comments and little hints dropped here and there on the forum - I have a feeling that my idea will not be unique. That's okay, I just love keeping it all hush-hush until the final reveal. :ph34r:

Yeah, it took me awhile to see what mine wanted to be... now that I see it, I can't imagine it being anything else with it's shape, so I'm sure it'll be a repeated theme - but I still think each one will be so different... I think about the two people who did the tunnel of love on the heart arbor build.... Same exact idea, but two totally different builds! I think even if there are ten of a specific theme, they will all be incredibly different!

TiaMaria, it's a little difficult to see all the pieces in your pic - but I think they're all there.

So far, my weekend hasn't allowed any mini-time. I'm going to try and squeeze a bit in right now!

Thanks all for checking. I know the pic isn't the best... But now I have tried the dry-fit and it is very clear that my right wall is missing. The only thing left in the box is the large square piece of cardboard which I guess could be made into a base. Or could it be used as the first floor? hmmm. I guess I will write an email to the Greenleaf store, and hopefully they can send me the missing piece... SOON! I can't wait to get started "for real"!!!

Oh my !! Oh my !! Oh my !!!!

This little kit surely has a mind of it's own. I hear everyone saying that and now I know that for myself.

I had a list of a dozen or so ideas and had put together one kit in it's basic form already. The other was waiting to see if it was going to be added or just saved for something else. NOTHING was feeling right and nothing was motivating me to move forward. It's hard to describe but it was just there - cute, adorable, full of potential and fun - but just sitting there.

Well .... wouldn't ya know, late this afternoon, my oldest grandson came to visit and took one look at the shell and said "Gram, are you making a ____________ ? It looks really cool." I looked at him and then at the shell and everything exploded into 3D imaging in my head. I grabbed paper and pencil and started sketching furiously and he's going "ya that's right, that's cool, how about this and how about that" and on we went til I couldn't breathe cuz it was so "perfectly right".

It was like the little kit was speaking right through him.

Of course, now it's way more complicated than I had ever put on my original list so heaven only knows if it will ever get finished but it's sure "right" now. Not to mention that probably everyone else already had their little kit tell them the same thing but I can't wait to do it now.

I looked at him and then at the shell and everything exploded into 3D imaging in my head. I grabbed paper and pencil and started sketching furiously

a true :o moment :ph34r:

Selkie, that's very exciting! Out of the mouths of babes ....

I know what you mean about it being "right". My first thought had been "The Old Lady Who Lived In A Shoe" - when I decided to drop that idea, I wasn't sure at all about my next one. Then I started doing a little research - realised who would live in the ________, and suddenly it was exactly "right". I'm so glad I'm not doing the old lady in the shoe now! I'm doing a lot of online reading, and learning, and it's soooo interesting!

TiaMaria - I hope you can get that missing piece quickly. Don't let it slow you down - there must be plenty of things you can get ready while you're waiting.

I'm doing a lot of online reading, and learning, and it's soooo interesting!

me too!!! its like a history lesson...i've got pages of notes :ph34r: but its all really interesting.....who would of thought building dollhouses could be so educational :o

Mine has done a complete 180 on me....I was determined it was going to be a _____ and even have a bunch of things made for that specific theme, but, oh no...., it is now balking at that idea and is very serious about being a _____!!! And of course it is something that I just know will be the "common theme" with this kit, but resistance seems futile - I must be assimilated....I feel like one of the Eloi in "The Time Machine"...the siren sounds and I get in line :ph34r: :o Whatever it becomes, I'm sure having a blast with it :grrr:

Based on everyones...um... er... hints it sounds like this is going to be the most creative spring fling yet!,

I can't wait to see what everyone makes.

I just hope I have enough time to finish this one!

I did make all of the________for the interior prior to the arrival of the kit and that saved me some time.

I still have so much_______ to do on the________and the_______have'nt arrived yet. I hope that does'nt set me back any.

:)

Well, I had to buy some more ____, as I didn't have enough for the _____. I'm trying to use things I already have, or can make from my supplies. I've planned so much out in my head - would you believe I haven't begun the build yet? Someone please give me a SHOVE!!

TiaMaria - I hope you can get that missing piece quickly. Don't let it slow you down - there must be plenty of things you can get ready while you're waiting.

Thanks! I hope so TOO!! I can't afford to buy another kit. Maybe I will find some genius way to bash the kit so I don't need the wall... but being a beginner I doubt it. hehe.

But I won't let this slow me down. I still have lots of _______ to make for the _________ and I have to figure out how to build the secret _________ without the proper tools! This is fun!

Mine has been bashed as much as it is going to be and I primed it today. I found some items at the Chicago show and at Lolly's Miniatures and Dollhouse shop to use in there. Also found some things for my HBS contest house.

i'm 'stealing" stuff from every house :p and making as much as i can, i'm determined not to spend anything!!! ooooooo i did have to buy some paint as i ran out of a crucial colour....does that count? :p

I think just being part of the competition is most of the fun for me....the clues, the hints :) its exciting!!!!

also researching...i think i'm more into the info than the build :D...i'm learning heaps i didnt know....how educational is it building dollhouses!! :)

Today is the first day of the Easter holidays for me, ie no school for a week... Guess what I will do this week huh?!? Read the instructions last night a few times, and now I am ready to start the prep work, ie as soon as hubby is on his way to work LOL

Hugs

I've come down with another cold :) , which prevented me from doing much the last couple of days. I finished my Bonanza marathon and went on to Little Shop of Horror while working on the _____ on the ____ and _____. Its turning out to be time consuming because of all the detail going into each ____.

While I went shopping to see what one hobby store had (I ordered a ___ ____ ____) I came across an ___ ___ by the side of the road when I entered the city bounderies of Sandy. On one of these days when its not storming I'm going to go take measurements so I can create one since searches on ebay and Google didn't turn up a single one! I also got some ___ to make a _____ to display the _____!

I've decided to add a ____, which will be very appealing visually.

I am definitely in the mood to work on it today. I was going to do a little yard work this morning before it started to rain..but Mother Nature beat me to it. So I will get my eggs going for hard boiling and then I am going to work on the exterior of the Fling. It is small enough that it fits on a tv table so I can watch the news or things taped on the DVR and work on it.