Hello!

ElizaDaisy

Hello everyone, my name is Kelly and I'm in BC, Canada. I've been involved in miniatures for almost two years now. I was introduced to it by my friend Cate and we joined our local miniatures group together. I've made a few items with our miniature group (a yarn shop, an office scene and a forest scene in a gift bag) and I'm just starting my very first roombox - a nursery. I'm very excited about it! My husband is also involved in miniatures, he joined the group after I hurt my wrist and he attended a meeting with me to help me do some cutting. One meeting and he was hooked! Just recently our miniature group has started a woodworking group within the club and my husband will be making more wood related items. He's looking forward to that, as am I - it'll be nice to have my furniture all handmade! :(

Anyway, it's nice to meet you all and I'm looking forward to discussing and learning more about miniatures!

Cheers!

Welcome to the forum family, Kelly, and to your hubs, and to Cate, when she joins. I have to make my own furniture, but it's a lot of fun. Actually I make everything that goes into my houses now, and it's not only fun but usually easy, too.

There are a lot of Canadians in this family, so you should feel right at home rather quickly. What house are you building?

Hello and welcome to the forum. Oh boy are you lucky to have a hubby that is into miniatures too. The most mine will do is say "That's nice" and I think he would pat me on the head if he wasn't afraid I'd attack him with an X-acto knife. :(

:p kelly :D

My husband helps with and does most of the wood cutting for my scratch-built houses. It's nice to have help from an interested family. Have fun with your projects and post pictures.

;)

Welcome, Kelly! :unsure: Sounds like you've been having tons of fun - I hope we can see some pics of your minis soon. I WISH I could get my DH hooked on minis! He's very patient about my obsession, but doesn't share it in the least. ;)