Showcase Our Miniature Finds

Minis On The Edge

• 4 weeks later...
She has marvellous minis ... but I didn't see another Phil ....

I think Phil has become so popular that BK is having a hard time keeping them in stock. Keep checking back from time to time or send her a convo in Etsy.

Deb

• 3 weeks later...

I bought this last weekend when I went to the church sale with my friend. It came from the mini shop across the street.

Telephone is metal and only cost $2.

• 4 weeks later...

I found a beautiful china salt cellar at the antique store the other day. I haven't taken a photo of it yet, but will. It's a great size for a centerpiece bowl, on 3 curved legs, with gold trim and teensy pink roses. Too fancy for my farmhouse but it will be great in my antique shop. It's by far, the tiniest cellar I've ever seen.

Wendy, if your wee chair & ottoman are truly cast iron you could showcase them in a roombox in shades of black, white & gray, perhaps with just a touch of one accent color. If they're white metal you can paint them to look like antique wood with satin tufted upholstery.

Guest Nathaniel

Check out my treasures from the Sturbridge Miniatures Festival 2009!!!

On June 7, 2009 I visited the Sturbridge Miniatures Festival in Sturbridge, MA and had a blast! I must have walked around the show room floor about 8 times for about 5 hours! I bought some beautiful and one-of-a-kind stuff!!! Check it out and leave comments!

I must have been too focused on the show because I didnt see ANYONE I knew there! But i hear that a few people saw me zipping around the aisles! LOL

I bought some beautiful hand made and hand painted beds from a lovely woman who said this was her last show... She was selling around 15 of these beautiful beds and I couldnt decide which ones NOT to buy so I bought 5 of them! I also bought a beautiful vintage Bespaq highboy (called Fantastic Miniatures at the time). I bought a few hand painted dressers and night stands, 2 fireplaces, one with shelves on either side, some pillows, and I'm sure a few other things that I can't think of right now! lol

Click here for the pics and please leave comments! :blink:

Thanks!

Nathaniel

Yesterday was my very lucky day! I went to King William Miniatures to see Sherr and her incredible dolls.

And I won set of Bespaq furniture! It is in an album here. It is more ornate than any of my houses, so I put together a roombox for it last night. If anyone has any suggestions for wallpaper colors, etc. I'd love to hear them! I am thinking maybe something with greens and golds? I can't decide if the colors should be bold to match the furniture, or more subdued, so it won't be too overwhelming all together. And I'll need a crystal chandelier, I think. Other than that, I'm stumped! The flash made the velvety fabric look rough and bright, it's nicer IRL. I don't think I have any other Bespaq pieces yet (I guess I would know if I did, wouldn't I? :wave: ) so this is really exciting for me!

Honestly, equal to that thrill was getting to spend time chatting with Sherri! OMG she is so nice and unbelievably talented! If you ever get the chance to meet her and see her dolls in person, do so! Her dolls are always beautiful online, but in person, they will blow you away! They look like real little people, in the middle of a conversation!

• 2 weeks later...

I was out hitting the garage sales yesterday and found the cutest coke a cola wooden box and miniature garden tools. The lady had owned a craft store years ago and was selling her back stock. At 50 cents a piece it was a great find and even better they were from Mangelsens which is in my home town of Omaha.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Nathaniel

I just uploaded pics to my gallery of some of my new birthday treasures. Check it out here in my New Furniture Treasures!!! gallery!

Also, I just added pics to my Street of Houses album of the new area i have put all my houses in and also added pics here of ALL of my bedroom sets set up together and organized by set and what matches it! Pretty neat!

Thanks for looking!

-Nathaniel

I had an AWESOME day yesterday! I found out that my Pierce it on its way to me (I still can't grasp that I am going to have a Pierce!!!), and I went to a yard sale and hit pay dirt. A local lady listed her yard sale on a classified site and it said "miniature wood furniture books". I showed up first thing, and sure enough . . . she had a massive stack of dollhouse "how to" books and furniture patterns, several issues of Nutshell news AND a big box of fantastic furniture (I bought the entire box). Most of the pieces were the lovely Chippendale style pieces she had made from the "House of Miniatures" kits. There were, however, some truly unique and fantastic half-scale pieces that I had never seen before. I got the entire kit & kaboodle for around $20.00!!! I also stopped at the local Goodwill store on the way home and found an awesome breadbox that will make the most adorable roombox!

One of the thrift stores we checked out today had a leaflet chart for 1;12 scale coverlet, rug, bellpull and pillows. It was priced so low the cashier wouldn't let us pay for it!

• 1 month later...

Ummm .... I would take a guess that the cake with the chocolate icing might be a painted wooden shape ... other than that, I have no idea! They look very cute, whatever they "really" are! :)