Showcase Our Miniature Finds

Minis On The Edge

So I was trying to find Tudor style beds that I like on Etsy and I stummbled across this one store that has some amazing beautiful work of art dollhouses here is the link and I am sure most seen them before but I thought I would share anyways because I search Etsy everyday and never had I seen them before not even sure how the search engine picked Tudor with Mosaic but I am glad it did! http://www.etsy.com/shop/TheMosaicDollhouse?ref=seller_info

Not to worry, Melanie - her work is outstanding, and well worth seeing! I particularly love the blue and white tea-service dollhouse. :)

I think this category is really for things that we find and buy for ourselves - but no harm done! Wouldn't you love to be able to buy one of her works of art? If only!! :p

I finally got a Bavarian House for my Dora Kuhn furniture! I went to pick it up today! It came with some pieces that were made by the owners mother while she lived in Germany there just adorable as well as Dora Kuhn pieces! Here is link to my album on PB! http://s331.photobucket.com/albums/l444/westlog/Dora%20kuhn%20German%20Furniture/ :banana:

Congrats Melanie! I can't wait until I get home and I can see the pictures! I got one for Christmas to put all my furniture in, and I love it. There are pictures in my gallery. How neat that it also came with handmade pieces too! :)

ETA: Okay, so I couldn't wait until I got home, so I went around the blocking rules here at work and looked at it anyway!

How cute! I love it. And wow, it is packed with furniture isn't it?! I like the orange furniture too, adds some interest. I don't have any yet, I've kinda taken a break from looking for it for a while.

Congrats again, and enjoy!!

Aw thankyou!! I just love folk art furniture and started collecting years ago but never came across a house the last house I saw was sold on Vancouver Island year ago and I missed out on that one so when i saw this one for sale I didn't even stall I phoned the gentleman right away! I got my greenleaf gallery to work I will start filling it up with pictures!:wave:

• 3 weeks later...

Not sure if this shop has been mentioned before in this thread, but today I received a miniature umbrella that I'd ordered from FranMade Minis on Etsy. It's amazing! She makes the most incredible leather luggage too--though I'll have to wistfully covet that for a while ;) . Here is a photo of the umbrella where it hangs from the coat rack in the entryway of my Victorian Townhouse (though the photos on her Etsy page give a much better view of all the detail)--it's definitely one of my very favorite pieces already.

post-10708-0-57255400-1315427400_thumb.j

• 3 weeks later...

I know it's been a good while since I've last posted on here, but now that I'm back on my feet and have mostly settled into the new work routine... well had to update about my last weekend! :yes: Went to an estate sale in PA, this is the first time I've gone to one of these for the express purpose of minis... and boy did I have fun! I uploaded a new album in my gallery entitled Estate Sale Finds, if anyone cares to take a gander. Oh, and other major bright side for the weekend -- I got a RGT Victoria's Farmhouse to rehab for free. Other than the matter I think they hot glued it together really sloppily and had a horrid paint and shingling job, nothing was done to the interior. Have already started rehabbing -- have removed all the shingles(unfortunately there was no saving them from how bad they were applied and honestly looked like they had a paint can they just poured over top of them), gotten the house apart to glue it together straight and solid this go around, and have removed the majority of the paint. Tonight I hope to finish replicating the rear roof section, and I want to make a couple of extra dividers for the house as well. I've missed you all and am glad to be back on track and working with my minis.

Hoping to add more pics of completed houses here soon -- haven't been posting here recently, but have definitely been at work on the houses! :thumb:

It came with window "upgrades" I traded with another Forum member for new window inserts and I'm making all the trims and new doors, since this way I can also hang interior doors. Mildred isn't entirely sure what sort of roof she wants, yet; not even sure if she wants her chimney (suits me, the old one self-destructed trying to remove five pounds of ungrouted, really nasty-looking brickwork).

I picked up some great books at a thrift store yesterday for $2.

One is McCalls Decorating Book, 1964. This book is awesome! It has tons of big, color pictures and the best part is in the back there are sketches of the different furniture styles and eras. Each one has about a page of history, bios about designers ( had never heard of Duncan Phyfe, LOL) and other info about the different styles. I've learned a lot!

I've already got several projects planned from the sketches, and I'm sure this will be one book I use a lot.

I also picked up a book called "Doll Values, third edition" Its an older one, 1999, so I'm sure the values aren't accurate, but I got for the great pictures! Tons of pictures of doll faces, that I'm going to try and copy. If you need inspiration for sculpting doll faces, a book like this is perfect.

• 2 weeks later...

I got some neat half scale furniture off eBay last week, a Bauder-Pine side table and a kitchen table and chairs signed by Robert Street (not sure if that's a well-known person or not). I'll be using them in my puzzle house, which has a 1930s farmhouse theme. Prices were great - $12 for the side table and $10 for the table and chairs.

post-7-0-26636200-1319155059_thumb.jpg

post-7-0-64982600-1319155065_thumb.jpg

I am working at a Holiday Gift and Food Show for the last five days and some of the talent here is amazing! I found a booth - "Cottonwood Bark Carvings". Dan Collins is the artist's name and he and his wife, Joan, travel around to these shows. He makes fabulous little houses, all carved from bark, with incredible detail. I couldn't stay away from their booth :yikes:

post-4286-0-69960900-1319401801_thumb.jp

I'm encouraging him to sign up with etsy.com to sell them. I bought a second one, that is pretty close to the 1:144 scale that I've been fascinated with lately.

He get the tiles and stones, boards w/nail holes, window frames -- all the tiny details whittled into place. It's not the conventional dh but I had to share with everyone :yes:

• 1 month later...
Guest Nathaniel

Hello,

I havent been on the forum in a while but have BIG news to share! First of all, check out my newest dollhouse!!!

Click Here It is a one of a kind Victorian Mansion. 20 rooms as well as 8 hallways that are each the size of a room! Incredible!!! 6.5 feet high, 5 feet wide, 5 feet deep, wired for electricity. It is truly amazing and takes up an entire room in a house basically! LOL

Also, I am opening a Dollhouse Shop in Raynham, MA at the Raynham Flea Market and this Saturday November 26th is my Grand Opening!!!

I started a business about a year ago called "Flip This Doll House" and thats what I do, I flip and sell wooden dollhouses. However, I just opened the shop so I can sell all of my wonderful dollhouse items along with my dollhouses. Let me know if I can help you obtain the dollhouse of your dreams, or furnish and bring to life your dollhouse with beautiful furnishings.

I have now done 3 dollhouse shows and they were very successful so 'Ive decided to open up a shop to sell off many pieces from my amazing collection. I am now up to 13 dollhouses and enough furniture to furnish probably 20 dollhouses!

Come check out my shop!

*PRINT OUT AND BRING IN THIS LISTING FOR 15% off your entire order!!!*

I offer everyday low prices on new and vintage dollhouse items as well as many handcrafted or artist made pieces. I sell hundreds of high quality miniatures and furniture from Concord, Fantastic Merchandise, vintage Bespaq, Hansson, Sterling Hall Miniatures, Braxton Payne, Shackman, Reevesline, House of Miniatures as well as beautiful pieces from Town Square Miniatures, Reutter Porzellan, Bodo Hennig, Heidi Ott, etc. You will find many one of a kind or rare pieces in our shop!

We also sell pre-built dollhouses in the shop - ready to pick up and bring home with you. There are usually anywhere from 4-6 built dollhouses for sale in the shop, as well as 5-10 more pre-built houses available for sale but not stored in the shop.

We also sell 1/18 scale model cars that look great displayed next to your dollhouse.

Check me out at my new Dollhouse shop at the indoor Raynham Flea Market in Raynham, MA! Grand opening is Saturday November 26th. We are open 9am-5pm Saturdays and Sundays from Thanksgiving to Christmas and then every Sunday 9-5 thereafter. We sell pre-built dollhouses, dollhouse kits, hundreds of pieces of new, old, vintage, and handmade dollhouse furniture, thousands of miniatures including area rugs, bedding, pillows, blankets, lighting, wallpaper, dolls, miniature food and kitchen items, miniature christmas wrapped gifts, model cars to display with the dollhouse, and so much more. Weve got everything you need for your dream doll house. Come check us out!

I partnered up with Mber Woods, who has been in business for 16 years at this location, I took over half of the shop, combining both of our inventories, which provides the customer with thousands of items to look at to fulfill their dollhouse needs and desires! You will be amazed with our selection!

Also, inventory will be updated on a weekly basis so you will want to check us out again and again. I specialize in buying entire dollhouse collections to resell, usually filled with many vintage and high quality pieces!!! Thus, you will see many rare items for sale each time you come in!

*PRINT OUT AND BRING IN THIS LISTING FOR 15% off your entire order!!!*

The Flea Market is located at 480 South Street West Raynham, MA 02767

Look forward to seeing you there!

Thanks!

Nathaniel

post-2905-0-91495600-1322112716_thumb.jp

post-2905-0-20346500-1322112733_thumb.jp