Showcase Our Miniature Finds

Minis On The Edge

I think I finally found the "perfect" miniature. I've been on a waiting list with Kerri Pajutee for a number of months to do a commission job for me. Recently, she put one of her cats on Ebay and I was fortunate enough to win.

Here's a photo - isn't he a perfect tabby cat. I'm thrilled with him.

-Susannepost-352-1228955739_thumb.jpg

Yes the vase is marked Bill Helmer in teeny tiny letters! It's gorgeous! I may put a bouquet of cream and pale yellow roses in it, I'm not sure. The dog was a surprise. The faceis very realistic. I believe that it is resin. All of these items came from my good friend Carolyn David. She made the crackers of FIMO and all of her foods are excellent. There are even tiny toothpicks in there. She also sent me a tiny "tomato" pin cushion which has tiny pins in it. Fascintating! I got a box from her as my Christmas Gift the other day. Nothing was wrapped inside, so I opened and catalogued as I always do. I was shocked. And very appreciative. Unfortunately she leaves the price tags inside some of the items, so I know she paid large amounts for some of the items she has sent. I just hope I can do her pressies justice! She is downsizing her personal collection as she had 27 individual roomboxes and a huge dollhouse. The dollhouse had many additions, and she has sold off some of the additions as well. She sells on ebay. Her roomboxes are all for sale on there - most of them now empty. She is going to just be making and selling her beautiful floral items and things now.

Kelly, her name is Carolyn David. I don't know her ebay name. She is fabulous. Yes, she makes fabulous floral arrangements as well as other things.....

Another friend of mine who used to go under the name of Anita McNary made me this - everything on the little tray Anita made me, I made the larger perfume bottle. I also made the little jewelry box, and filled up the Chrysnbon powder box. That I painted gold, filled it a tiny powder puff and added a tiny bow n the top of the puff. I also made the little potpourri basket. Both the basket and the jewelry box were from a kit I bought many many years ago, back in the late 80's.

Ah, the magic of the internet. I typed her name in quotes, found her one page web site, which quite handily had... her ebay name, which is MINIS41, in case anyone else has a hankering to add her to their favorites. Thanks, Gina!

Oh, and about the perfume bottles:

1) those are a beautiful shade of amethyst.

2) every time I've tried making them I've wound up super-glued to myself, with sticky, fingerprint-crusted beads rolling away from me. It looks so simple but it takes more patience than I have to get it right! Yours and Anita's are wonderful!

Anita has sadly retired. She is also a very talented doll maker who sculpts her own dolls. She had a fabulous house that she invited myself and Doug to back in 1998. She had a workroom in her basement that was absolutely HUGE with lights everywhere, and supplies galore. She also had 10 cats and they were fabulous to play with. Anyway I am sad that she has retired from minis. She was most talented. That tiny lipstick is a bugle bead with a tube of FIMO lipstick on it. It looks so real! Her attention to detail was fabulous.

Carolyn David also has a webpage off of my own webpage.

• 2 weeks later...

I actually found a few goodies myself this week! I have trained my eye to watch for antiques for so long, but now am starting to spot the minis and mini-possibilities. Anyway! I was looking through the used book section at Hastings and found a cool book on making wicker furniture! It shows everything from a laundry basket to an elaborate tea cart. I'm anxious to try this as soon as I get to the store and find some cake wires!

Then yesterday I took a load to Goodwill and found the most precious 'wrought iron' table and chairs! The chairs are not but about 1 1/2 inches tall, but will make a wonderful doll's set for the children's room. Now I'm fired up to go and look for more!

Found something else cool! (I'm on a mini-ing binge this week!)Anyway, go to Lowe's or maybe Home Depot. Check the aisle where they have the custom blinds to order. We are looking for some for our bay window in our breakfast nook, and discovered that they have samples you can buy for 50 cents. They are the perfect size for little porch rugs or door mats! Most have large slats, but the bamboo ones are perfect, and two to a card!

• 3 weeks later...

I put pics in my gallery of some HOM kits I got last week. There were 17 in all, a couple of duplicates, but some I haven't seen before. So cool--I usually don't find stuff like this, just the odd-n-end stuff every great while.

Guest Nathaniel

HELLO!

I have uploaded a gallery of some playing around I did with some of my new minis! I actually had a little get together with my mom and my 26 year old cousin Leanne for the holidays and we all decorated a few of my dollhouses. Check out what we did!

I did the unfinished wood colonial house, and my cousin, mom and I worked on the other two colonials. We had a lot of fun!

You will notice alot of new miniatures including some new Bespaq pieces, JBM, Reutter Porzellan, House of Miniatures, and other handmade pieces from shows or shops. These pictures show some of my FAVORITE pieces that I own!

Click HERE and Please leave comments!

Thanks!

-Nathaniel :wave:

Guest Nathaniel
I'm SO glad you're back, Nat, and THANK YOU for the pretty eyecandy!

Thanks Holly! Im glad Im back too... I love when I find the time to share some pictures with my favorite kind of people - DOLLHOUSE PEOPLE!!! :wave:

Guest Nathaniel
Hey Nathaniel, welcome back. :wave:

Its nice to be back Greg! I love coming here and sharing pics and stories!

Looks like you had another great party, Nat! Thanks for sharing with us. :wave:

Yes, it was fun! The last dollhouse party I had lasted a whole weekend though. This one was only a few hours but still lots of fun.

Thanks for all the kind comments on my pictures everyone! Oh, and to answer some questions. i bought the two beautiful beds from Dollhouse Treasures in Braintree, MA and I got that stair runner from Ebay along with most of my rugs. That pink rug in the room with the Toile bed was from my friend Ellie. The distressed furniture is from the Sturbridge and Danvers Miniatures show. The new HOM pieces are from a new miniatures friend from Canton - her name is Renee. I bought a bunch of HOM furniture off of her.

I just ordered a few more Bespaq pieces (a Secretary, mirror, and beautiful arm chair) and a beautifully detailed 9.5 inches-tall-white-Resin Fireplace from a gentleman on Ebay named Jim Coates. He sells some REALLY beautiful bespaq and other stuff and I am a repeat customer of his! I will have to share pics when they come in!

I'll have more pics to share coming up to as I get going on my houses and some projects I have in store. Today I added a tile countertop to a kitchen set I have. It came out pretty good! I knwo I have more new minis to set up in rooms and take some pics of so I can show all of you! I just have to find them all!

Thanks again for looking everyone!

-Nathaniel :cheer: