Showcase Our Miniature Finds

Minis On The Edge

• 3 weeks later...

I have been so busy I have had time for nothing mini at all. But I dropped into a newly open thrift store and was surprised to find a "house of miniature" grandmother clock kit on the shelf for 1 dollar. I never have mini luck thrifting, so it was very exciting. Even if I won't have a chance to put it together for a while.

We went thrift store shopping in Pensacola Monday and I found Miniature Rooms, a Craft Course Publication from 1976 that include directions for two roomboxes: a general store and a parlor, including making the counter & shelving of various kinds for the store, a wall clock, barrell, hanging lamp, coffee mill, butcher's paper roll with twine, scale, crate, purlap bags, parcels and assorted tools & cleaning supplies; and a recipe for bread dough "clay" to make food. The parlor includes a pattern for stirway stringers & balusters and a chimneybreast. I also found the June 1979 issue of Miniature & Dollhouse Crafts magazine with a pattern for a greenhouse, another for a Spanish writing desk and table, a canopy bed inclucing bed curtains, a chart for a Hungarian Point floral carpet, and projects for making bread dough flowers & accessories for the greenhouse, a rush-bottom chair, mini bonnet & cloth-bound book, and patterns for the fabric part of a doll's body (with clay arms, legs & headplate) and a dollhouse. I wouldn't mind finding more copies of this magazine, y'all; it came out four times a year, like The Scale Cabinetmaker.

I had limited time this morning for yard saling, but one of our local townships puts on a big sale every year so I went to that one. I am a little upset that I didn't spot the dollhouse/birdhouse (I could have converted it into a dollhouse) that was very well made and in nice shape. I got to the sale 5 minutes after they 'opened' the doors, and someone already had it under their arm. :lol:

But I did get a nice large spoon corner shelf that is perfect for mini displays... plus a small wooden 'house' (like 2-3 inches tall), a paintbrush holder contraption thing that is kind of a dollhouse; two little shelves that have drawers - I reasoned I could make a mini scene on the shelf part and store seasonal changes to the scene in the drawer; and a largish-wooden thing that looks like it may have been in a nativity scene at some point. I want to cut plexiglass in shape for a large window. I'll post pics in my gallery shortly.

• 2 weeks later...

If so...the French Country Trundle Bed!!!

I just ordered it from HBS, and it came in today, and it's even cuter than what's online!!! SOOO excited over this one!!! I bought it for my little girls' bedroom, though I'm going to change the comforter(just a personal preference), the one that comes with it is cute and wouldn't need to be changed at all!!!...and the trundle is on wheels that really roll!!! OMG it's super cute if you end up needing it!!! :chat:

I'm lookin for the pic....hhhhhhhhhhhmmmmmmmm

If so...the French Country Trundle Bed!!!

I just ordered it from HBS, and it came in today, and it's even cuter than what's online!!! SOOO excited over this one!!! I bought it for my little girls' bedroom, though I'm going to change the comforter(just a personal preference), the one that comes with it is cute and wouldn't need to be changed at all!!!...and the trundle is on wheels that really roll!!! OMG it's super cute if you end up needing it!!! :chat:

I visited an old friend over the weekend and she presented me with the remnants of her dollhouse days. (She has moved on to model trains.) I've posted pics in my Gifts Received gallery.

What a nice friend. :)

Some of the items will be held for future use. A few are destined for the Fling and the Quilt Shop. Perfect timing!

I got to train DS on our recent road trip. In one of the thrift stores we hit he showed me a box he'd found that was a HOM sofa kit; I looked where he pointed that he'd found it and had him hand me down the HOM matching chair kit and bookcase top for the slant-front desk that were there, too! Another thrift store had a pack of acdetate sheets for drawing on with Liquid Lead. I also found a bag of miscellaneous white plastic items, msotly various angels (wedding cake toppers?), wings & harps.

I originally saw these shoes at the Bishop Show. I hesitated about buying them and lost out. They were gone when I went back. So, I wrote to the artist...she made a pair for me and included (to my surprise) a beautiful matching handbag. I just love them! The shoebox and shopping bag were also in the package. :lol: Hurray!

post-4679-1274582472_thumb.jpg

Oh, those are just adorable, Brae!

Our little local thrift store had a wee metal potbelly stove so old and corroded with age I won't have to do a thing to it except rub a minute amound of grated sienna chalk pastel on it for "rust". I've been working in the yard pruning & weeding so hopefully when the weather decides to settle I can take stuff outside for pictures.

I originally saw these shoes at the Bishop Show. I hesitated about buying them and lost out. They were gone when I went back. So, I wrote to the artist...she made a pair for me and included (to my surprise) a beautiful matching handbag. I just love them! The shoebox and shopping bag were also in the package. :lol: Hurray!

post-4679-1274582472_thumb.jpg

Oooo! Very nice!!

• 2 weeks later...