Showcase Our Miniature Finds

Minis On The Edge

I just bought some gorgeous half scale pieces off of eBay. I'd been eying this lot for a while but initially I thought the seller was asking too much. The price kept coming down and finally I jumped on it. :lol:

A few of these pieces are signed "C. Dukeman" -- Chris Dukeman used to do country furniture how-to articles for Nutshell News so I'm betting they're hers. (His?) The others are signed "W.S." and "Sharon Stockton."

The ironing board will probably go in the Rosedale's laundry room. Not sure yet about the deacon's bench, it goes nicely with the Rosedale's dining room table but I already built a side table to go in that spot, so I'm undecided. The rest of the furniture will go in my (country styled) puzzle house.

post-7-0-67329400-1322695113_thumb.jpg

post-7-0-24590900-1322695126_thumb.jpg

• 1 month later...

I picked up these earrings at Target the other day. The black ones I think I'm going to use as some sort of decorative hanging in a house. Might find some way to color in the openings in the design so they are like stained glass. With the silver ones, I'm going to separate each of the disks and use them as serving trays or plates in a house.

6712037825_3edb055a16.jpg

When I was little, we used to make these DIY stain glass designs at home where you are given a metal frame and plastic beads that you put in the holes and then bake the design in the oven. I saw some of these kits at Hobby Lobby last time I was there, I was thinking about picking up one of them with the colors I want and using the plastic bits.

I also got some glaze pens from Sakura, so I could also put some plastic behind the design and then color in what I want to with the pens.

I'll post some pictures when I decide what I want to do. I got two of them, so if I screw up one of them, I've got a second chance.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Look what I found at the Dollar Tree Store where everything is just a buck. : )

These bottles are actually glass and the stopper fits pretty tight. Whew hoo hoo hoo!!!! If you have a Dollar Tree in your area go get some...these little bottles are expensive online.

lacharlie

post-14924-0-90017600-1337113348_thumb.j

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

another dollar tree find, there were doll furniture - red looked dyed, made out of wood - drawers don't open, but not bad for a dollar, I bought a few to sand and paint. I saw a small table, a dresser, a console table (bought that one).

Sharon, you got a super deal! on that kit. Their first kit I ever had was the Victorian parlor furniture, and I put that together and upholstered the couch and chairs with two of DH's old polyester neckties, and was sold on old ties for mini upholstery!