Showcase Our Miniature Finds

Minis On The Edge

Oh my goodness! I walked into Home Centre (a furniture store) and they had a whole selection of plastic bonsai plants! Instant ornamental garden, here we come lol. I bought quite a few - at about $4 they are quite reasonable.

post-28022-0-71427800-1371650194_thumb.j

Then I had to get some groceries at Carrefour (the hypermarket). I always check out the tourist display stand, but today I really LOOKED at everything. Since I want to do some shops - I may as well do a little arabic coffee shop, carpet shop and have a camel in the petting zoo!

post-28022-0-20142700-1371650270_thumb.j

The little Dubai souvenir plates are magnets, the trinket boxes open up and are velvet-lined - perfect for miniature dates. The carpets are actual woven coasters, quite thick, but super luxurious. The little picture frame is also a magnet. I guess I can do some arab dolls in traditional clothing to hang out in my mall - along with lots of wacky tourists!!!

And I haven't added a picture of the kitchen I bought for my Garfield, so here goes:

post-28022-0-80092200-1371650315_thumb.j

I like that it has units that can be arranged to my liking.

The little guy in the pictures is from Melissa & Doug's Victorian Family set. He is wearing very modern clothes, but I *ahem* borrowed him from my daughter's dollhouse to use for scale.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Hi all--I uploaded pics of some of the treasures I got from my mom's stash to th gallery. Tried to upload a preview pic or two here, but it isn't working right now and I need to scramble to work (yes, I can find and follow directions, and yes, I did try the tech section and the FAQ, but the pics come into the post at such a big size I'm afraid they'll break people's feeds, and I don't have any time left to fuss with it. Will try again tonight if I'm not catatonic).

Anyway, if you want to see what zero dollars and sweet, crafty, project-starting parents can get you, the pics are in an album I titled Minis from Mom. Now I just need to figure out how to bash 'em all up....

Edited by MaryKate
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Today my local mini shop had a parking lot sale with people selling off items from their stash. I got this half scale shell for $2 from a lady who decided to stop working in half scale. At that price, how could I refuse?

She told me it's made out of gatorboard. The inside is textured with stucco-like stuff. The door and window holes are the right size for Houseworks components. I'm envisioning stucco on the outside too, with an adobe/Southwest/Spanish vibe, maybe with barrel tiles and skylights on the roof. (I'll have to make a roof...) I was also thinking a lean-to addition like this one.

Totally didn't need it, but seriously! $2! :lol:

post-7-0-71204400-1374954916_thumb.jpg post-7-0-61042600-1374954914_thumb.jpg post-7-0-50179700-1374954912_thumb.jpg post-7-0-37763900-1374954910_thumb.jpg post-7-0-38874600-1374954908_thumb.jpg

• Like 6

• 1 month later...

That's a deal for $2! I never see anything for sale for miniatures or dollhouses in all the second hand shops I like to look in. Usually there are plastic ones by the wagon load though. I am sure you will make this one look incredible! Have fun!

• 5 months later...

http://www.greenleafdollhouses.com/forum/index.php?app=gallery&album=6673

Went to the St. Louis miniatures museum garage sale, I spent $80.

It was amazing. We had to get up at 4:30 to make it in time, and my GPS sent me to the wrong place at first, pure panic, but I arrived just in time to walk in as they opened. The museum has a great little shop too.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...