Showcase Our Miniature Finds

Minis On The Edge

Hello after we moved 1.5 years ago I still do not have a space to spread out my dollhouses to work on. But I keep adding to my stash tho. We visited the dollhouse in Toronto and bought some trim etc that is harder to get shipped to me and a large panel for a tin ceiling for my unbuilt Beacon Hill. Our real life house has tin ceilings and I was so excited to find the panel.

A couple weeks ago my hubby bought me a scroll saw!! I feel lucky a lucky girl to get my own major power tool. Oh and the real life attic will be finished this fall for me to move into with my sewing and miniatures!!

Congrats Susan, it is always wonderful to find that special perfect thing for your house, dh or real.

I have not been able to do any real miniing for a couple of weeks because of dealing with DH's upcoming surgery but I have spent some time on the computer in between doctor's visits doing some mini shopping and wow do I have to raid my piggy bank to cover it. I have been receiving the fruits of that over the past week. It included some wall paper for my Lawbre Chateau bedrooms in a lovely blue toile and a landscape repeat predominent green. I also found some more of the Herring bone parquet wooden floors that will go into the bedrooms as well. I also found a lovely screen and armoire in the Merrikesh/Casbah finish and though I don't have a specific place for it I could not pass it up as they are so pretty and rare now. I also found a set of four dinner place settings that are exactly like my much cherished Denbyware so naturally I had to have that. I have some small plants and grapes still enroute that will go into the room box I just finished last month. I will take some pictures when this thing with DH calms down. In the mean time I have limited my computer time to looking rather then shopping.Poor piggy bank looks a mite peaked!!!

Major half scale scores today at the CHAMPS show in El Cerrito, CA! I like this show because it's more geared toward hobbyists than hard-core collectors... it's more in my price range. :) I got all this furniture for about $30.

Two kits - a kitchen butcher block from a past NAME Day project and a dresser.

post-7-0-05536400-1347145634_thumb.jpg

A cute little painted kitchen. No idea what I'll use it for but for $3 I couldn't say no.

post-7-0-64945700-1347145637_thumb.jpg

A few different tables.

post-7-0-29132200-1347145641_thumb.jpg

A bunch of store counters and shelves. I paid $14 for the lot. I'm planning to build a toyshop into the Buttercup one day and these will be perfect.

post-7-0-33667300-1347145644_thumb.jpg

And now, the piece de resistance... I got a half scale dollhouse! This was a total impulse buy (and not a bargain like the other stuff, I paid $175 for it) but I have been wanting the American Craft Queen Anne Rowhouse in half scale for a long time and that's basically what this is. (The guy built it from scratch based on pictures of that kit.) It's wired for electricity and a blank slate as far as decorating goes. And since it came from a mom & pop shop, I can justify the impulse buy by telling myself I'm funneling money back into the economy. :p More pics on my blog.

post-7-0-41879700-1347145910_thumb.jpg

Happy, happy day! :lol:

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Wow,I thought HBS had a large variety...this store is amazing! http://www.monumentalminiatures.com/

Yikes no Paypal! That's not good. Have to download a form and call or fax in your order - too much trouble these days. Too many other wonderful online shops that making shopping so easy. One click item is in your cart, another couple of clicks with paypal and your goodies are paid for and on their way.

• 1 month later...

Yikes no Paypal! That's not good. Have to download a form and call or fax in your order - too much trouble these days. Too many other wonderful online shops that making shopping so easy. One click item is in your cart, another couple of clicks with paypal and your goodies are paid for and on their way.

Shopping cart programs for websites are so cheap now you would think they would have one (or PayPal like you said). Maybe they rely more on the brick and mortar part of their business.

• 3 months later...

Here are my goodies from the KC show on Saturday. I did pretty well at the club garage sale table, 2 bags of shingles and a coffee can packed full for $3. Some gold beads and a pack of blu-tac were in the 12/$1 bin. (My girlfriend found even more cool stuff in the junk box). I got the rug, the frame and the hand-thrown pottery pitcher for good prices. The greenery is t o further my plant making experiments.

gallery_10963_5527_23239.jpg

• Like 1

I learned to type on my grandpa's old Underwood! I Googled the site, but there were no more typewriters. Now you need an old fashioned rolltop wood desk and wood swivel office chair to go with it...

Here are my goodies from the KC show on Saturday. I did pretty well at the club garage sale table, 2 bags of shingles and a coffee can packed full for $3. Some gold beads and a pack of blu-tac were in the 12/$1 bin. (My girlfriend found even more cool stuff in the junk box). I got the rug, the frame and the hand-thrown pottery pitcher for good prices. The greenery is t o further my plant making experiments.

gallery_10963_5527_23239.jpg

You hit the jackpot! Love the little jug...

• 2 weeks later...

Greg, that's so adorable! Where will it go?

I haven't decided yet. My daughter is thinking we could use it in the "Belle's Cottage" bash we are going to start in a few weeks. I have a couple of other "theme" builds in the works and it may work there, too. I actually picked up a couple of them.

Greg- I have a cat that looks just like that one. Hope you have him in your store.

Gail :bear:

That was the original idea. I have already ordered more. There were similar ones with slightly different poses. There is just something about this one. We used to have a cat like this one with a Charlie Chaplin mustache.We rescued him and the shelter had already named him "Snoopy." It was so unique we never changed it.