Showcase Our Miniature Finds

Minis On The Edge

• 4 weeks later...

I found some amazing minis at the Bishop and 3 Blind Mice shows this weekend. Here are a few of the outstanding ones.

Working clothespins

gallery_4679_4448_34523.jpg

Tiny needle box

gallery_4679_4448_76067.jpg

Tiny thimble

gallery_4679_4448_37198.jpg

Perfect miniature X-Acto knife

gallery_4679_6050_67186.jpg

There are more mini pics now up in these albums: Haunted Heritage, The Artist's Studio, the Brownstone and Misc Minis.

• Like 5

I found some great things at the shows. I threw some pictures in HERE.

I also ordered some Reutter Porcelain from the wholesale show that arrived today. He had sold out of a couple of items and I just asked him to ship everything. If you don't see those pics, check back Tuesday morning. They have some great new items.

• Like 1

Love that Underwood typewriter, Brae - my mother learned to type on one of those when she was 11 years old. However, I wonder why they reversed the Y and Z keys??? That makes it a "Qwertz" keyboard, not a "Qwerty" :D

I found some great things at the shows. I threw some pictures in HERE.

I also ordered some Reutter Porcelain from the wholesale show that arrived today. He had sold out of a couple of items and I just asked him to ship everything. If you don't see those pics, check back Tuesday morning. They have some great new items.

Does M&M specialties still make 1/2" scale, if so can I purchase thru you? I have bought from them along time ago and was told that they retired.

Thanks, Gail

• Like 1

Does M&M specialties still make 1/2" scale, if so can I purchase thru you? I have bought from them along time ago and was told that they retired.

Thanks, Gail

I sent you a PM.

Love that Underwood typewriter, Brae - my mother learned to type on one of those when she was 11 years old. However, I wonder why they reversed the Y and Z keys??? That makes it a "Qwertz" keyboard, not a "Qwerty" :D

I did ask him about that, and he showed me the original he followed. Apparently the QWERTZ is a variation used in Central Europe. :yes:

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
Just recently acquired this house. I can't wait to start the rehab process. I'm thinking about colors-for some reason all white with black shutters has me captivated. Does anyone recognize this house? The garage is really neat, it opens (flips up) and is a nice size. :-)

post-3899-0-13623600-1367461023_thumb.jp

• Like 2

Brezavaqt....I do not recognise the house but you do have a nice find there!!!

and it also says black and white to me....LOVE it....looking forward to seeing more photos and the back....

it looks like a lovely plantation house!

:bear:

• Like 1

I wish some of these mini shows were traveling shows, we never get stuff this good in Jersey.

Your kidding, right? You have the second greatest show in the US after Chicago (in my opinion) in Cherry Hill, New Jersey - Philadelphia Miniaturia.

Valerie

• Like 1

Your kidding, right? You have the second greatest show in the US after Chicago (in my opinion) in Cherry Hill, New Jersey - Philadelphia Miniaturia.

Valerie

No I'm not kidding, a show is no good to you if you can't get to it. That Cherry Hill show is half a state away.

• Like 1

I wish some of these mini shows were traveling shows, we never get stuff this good in Jersey.

Do any of the shows go on-line? Does anyone have info about any? I have the same problem living in far S.E.Kansas.

I drove 3 1/2 hours to the Chicago show. Some people traveled farther and made a mini vacation out of it.

Getting there is easy if you have a car. Not everyone has one. When you have to rely on public transportation (a cab to the bus station, bus to the train, train to the city, and then another cab to the venue - and the same in reverse) it becomes pretty cost prohibited. Especially when you're not quaranteed that you'll find something that you want or can afford. New Jersey had (arguably) the best transportation system in the country, but hurricane Sandy put and end to that. Nowadays an uninterrupted drive, bus or train ride across this state - not happening.

• Like 1

Judith,my heart goes out to you! we all often take for granted that others have the same situation that we do,when in fact we live very different lives. myself,i don't currently have my own transportation,but i live with my son,who takes me wherever i need to go. we are only a few minutes drive from larger cities or towns,but they are not urban giants like chicago or new york. and i don't have the finances to be able to go to any of the shows. still,i make the best of my sweet mini hobby! i live in hurricane country,was born in the south,but grew up elsewhere. so,i experienced my 1st hurricane in my 20s. at 56 i can't say it will ever get easier to recover from the annual anxiety of waiting to see if we get 'the big one' this year! so,i have you in my thoughts! Kat

• Like 1

Do any of the shows go on-line? Does anyone have info about any? I have the same problem living in far S.E.Kansas.

There is an online show. Some of the folks who setup for the Chicago show participated in the last one. This includes Robin Betterley, Templewood Miniatures, Vilia Miniatures and more. I am going to participate in the next show. It takes place in August. The link is below and I will pass on more information once I have it available.

http://aminiminiatureshow.weebly.com/index.html

• Like 3

There is an online show. Some of the folks who setup for the Chicago show participated in the last one. This includes Robin Betterley, Templewood Miniatures, Vilia Miniatures and more. I am going to participate in the next show. It takes place in August. The link is below and I will pass on more information once I have it available.

http://aminiminiatureshow.weebly.com/index.html

Thank you for taking such good care of everyone, Greg.

• Like 1

Is that OUR Shelly Norris of the most exquisite mini florals?

Yes it is, found some great nautical items from one seller during one of the online shows.

Hugs

• 1 month later...

I have always wanted the metal fridge, not sure what its called, but its part of the metal Roper stove. This weekend I was ale to buy one for $20. I am so excited!

http://www.greenleafdollhouses.com/forum/index.php?app=gallery&image=90587

This isn't my picture, just one I found online, but it is the fridge.

• Like 1