Hello from Arkansas

dyonis

Hi, I'm new to the dollhouse thing. I live in Arkansas with my fiance and our 4 dogs and 1 cat. I'm originally from England, but have lived in other states and also, Okinawa, japan.

I've always wanted to make and decorate one, but never did until recently. My fiance was playing World of Warcraft, for hours and I was bored, so I went and bought the Orchard kit. I'm enjoying every minute of it. I didn't realize that it would take so long to make one, I thought you just put it together in a weekend, boy was I wrong.

It is exciting to learn of new things for dollhouses and the new ideas that people have. I'm already getting addicted to it. Of course, I'm learning from my mistakes, and there's been quite a few of them :p . But, it's still a blast. Well, that's about all for now. Dyonis

Hi! I think you may be my long lost twin. :p My boyfriend plays WoW too (as do I, but not to the extent) and I also lived in Japan for a while! In college I studied manga and comic arts in Kyoto!

Welcome! Can't wait to see your stuff!

Welcome to the forum family. Among the mini things you'll learn, as you read the posts, is that we're all a bunch of eye candy junkies, and invite you to share pictures of your build as you go along.

I had the great good fortune to visit Arkansas three years ago and spend some time traveling here & there. Little Rock was a pretty & interesting city, IMO. We camped at the state park near Wynne and hiked part of the Trail of Tears that passes through there.

Hi. Welcome to the forum. I am new here also. I am starting my Orchid this weekend

for my step-daughters X-Mas present this year. After that 1, I have 5 more to do after

that. 3 for my other daughters, 1 for my wife and 1 for me. I am going to build my son

a fort when he get older.

Yeah, another Arkansas!!! I'm not the only one!!!

Welcome to the group. There are a great group of people here that have taught me a lot. If you have any questions, brags, or just need to vent (about dollhouses or not) don't hesitate to ask.

• 1 month later...

Hello and welcome!

The Orchid is a lovely little house. I have to keep myself in check or I'll run out and buy one with my coupon from the Hobby Lobby! I have one in the works, one needing to done for Christmas, and two in the shed. After I finish the two in the house, then maybe another house might follow me home.