Yet another "Hi from Michigan"!

Abunai

Hello All!

I am from Ann Arbor Michigan and after months of thinking and waffling I have finally placed an order on my very first dollhouse kit! I have been lurking for a bit, and I am still waiting for my order to ship. I am a little worried because I am going to try and tackle the Beacon Hill. I am rather crafty, I have a fine arts degree and I also sew period clothing and quilt. I also love doing museum work (models, exhibits, etc) which is how I got started in researching dollhouses!

As I said I have a bunch of hobbies, so I am a little nervous about time and money, :p but whatever! I am excited to give this a shot, and any help/tips/tricks are greatly appreciated!

Also I live in a tiny one bedroom with my boyfriend and our cat, Gojira. Hopefully I am able to keep more organized with this then I am with my sewing! I doubt it though, even my desk at work has its moments...

Sorry for the ramble, but I am excited to join this group! I have been checking out the galleries and there are some talented folks here! :birthday:

All for now, ta!

-Abunai

Wellcome to the forum. I'm glad you decided to try a dollhouse. You have a good background for it having done other miniatures and displays. There are a lot of thing to learn here. There are several people here doing the BH presently and several who have finished it. Glad to have you here. :p

Welcome to the forum family, Breanne. The Beacon Hill is quite doable as a first build, especially with your background. I hope you will have as much fun adapting your many skills and hobbies to 1:12 as I have; I've even learned how to do new ones! and no doubt so will you. Do share pictures of the build with us.

Welcome to the Neighborhood Breanne!! The Beacon Hill is a Gorgeous house! This is a Great Hobby and you will find that you can incorporate other hobbies into this one, flower arranging, needle point & quilting, painting, sculpting SO many others too!! I can not wait to see what you do with your Beacon Hill.

Hello and Welcome Neighbor!! I live in Jackson, and work in Chelsea!! Have you been to a miniature store yet? Plymouth has one, but I am not too fond of the service or layout there. I would rather order off line. I did drive to Frankenmuth to Rau's Country Store and they are awesome! In fact, someone posted yesterday about trying to set up a date when we could meet there, shop, then eat next door.

Hello and welcome! you will really like the Beacon Hill, she's a pretty house! I have on still in progress. The interior is complete and the exterior is waiting for a cat free zone before i can finish the exterior :)

Hi and welcome Breanne!!!

You're going to love the Beacon Hill, it's a beautiful house! I'm building one now and the more I do, the more I absolutely love it! Go to www.moreminis.blogspot.com and check out Gina's construction blogs on the two Beacon's she built, that'll keep you busy till yours arrives and give you some ideas too! :)

• 1 month later...