Hello from Australia!

Hi! I'm 23 and Australian. And obviously, I love dollhouse miniatures. I haven't made any of the Greenleaf kits, I'm more here for the community aspect to be honest. Maybe one day I'll make a kit though! I have two dollhouses, and my mother has one, and they're all set in 1895 and are different Levels of Society. I have the 'poorer people' and the 'Upper Middle Class' and my mother has the middle class shop keeper. I like making all sorts of things though, from different eras, and the ones I can't use in our houses, I sell on Etsy. Well, that's a recent thing, before that I'd just not make the modern things that I was tempted to make but had nowhere for it to go. We also have several room boxes.

I don't really have pics. Everything is very incomplete.

Welcome and don't worry about anything incomplete, projects come together each in their own time and even if they don't it's about the learning and the experience. Most on this forum have vast experience so don't be shy about asking questions you just might need extra storage for the responses tho :D

:blink:G'day mate!

I am a born again Victorian and confirmed Anglophile (which extends to the provinces). When I was little we moved into theWhitmore Mansion in Nephi, Utah to prevent it from being torn down (we lived in Alaska at the time). It was built in 1897, if I remember correctly. The townspeople held a home building contest and ours was the winner (it was built by the bank president!). It still had a woodburning cookstove when we moved in. It was two stories with a huge wrap around porch. It had a tradesman's entrance, a servants staircase, and a small room for a maid. It had a marvelous attic. It was a marvelous place to explore and play hide and seek.

Now I collect Victoriana. I have period clothing. I've made Victorian costuming. I am what the Victorians would describe as an accomplished lady - skilled in crochet, cross stitch, embroidery, quilting, needlepoint, sewing, as well as some training in drawing, classical guitar, and dabbling at playing the lute! Too bad such things don't count much in modern society.

I currently have a book I'm reading on life in a Victorian household. It is called "Inside the Victorian Home - A Portrait of Domestic Life in Victorian England" by Judith Flanders. I've been gleaning information for costuming and dollhouses from it. It has a chapter on each part of the house and is full of information I've never encountered before. It even has 4 pages exclusively on mourning for women (how long for different persons from public officials, slight acquaintances to close family members.

I am currently working on the Pierce, which I am planning to do in Queen Anne shignle fashion. I have Duracraft's Heritage which is carpenter gothic. I am researching 221 B Baker Street (Sherlock Holmes' flat (Watson would definately have a brass bed, because it became favored for being hygenic.)

Anyway. Glad to meet another Victorian era refugee.

Lynette

:blink:G'day mate!

I currently have a book I'm reading on life in a Victorian household. It is called "Inside the Victorian Home - A Portrait of Domestic Life in Victorian England" by Judith Flanders.

I have the same book and enjoy reading about all the different rooms and their uses.

• 1 month later...