Intro Long Overdue

Hi Everyone!

I would like to say I'm new to the forum, but the truth is I joined in May-07, and what with all the real life goings-on, kept thinking I would get around to introducing myself sooner or later. Imagine my shock when I got my "Happy Anniversary" message. :bookread: Is it really possible that a year has gone by? So I made a resolution right then and there to get off my duff and become active on the forum. . . . That was some six weeks ago. . . :bookread:

So now here I am, introducing myself for real, with an apology for being so tardy.

My name is Jerri. I've been doing minis for about 3 1/2 years. Like many of you, I was always fascinated with dollhouses when I was younger, but never got the opportunity to own one. Then I grew up and thought "Oh well, I'm too old for something like that." :thumb: Then I met my husband, who showed me what a silly thought that was!

As for my spouse, I'm a very lucky woman. Hubby is himself a model railroader since childhood. So not only is he incredibly supportive of my passion (he bought me my first house for Christmas 2004), but we are lucky that we have our separate hobbies, but can work side by side while we're doing most of it. Plus, he's been soooo helpful with showing me tips and tricks along the way.

I have to admit that I took a while to join this forum, because I made a very silly assumption that everyone here would probably only work on and talk about Greenleaf houses. And while their designs are soooo beautiful, I don't have the patience or the talent to work with the die-cut thin wood. I just don't think I could do it justice. But who knows, maybe one day I'll take that plunge. Anyway, I'm glad to see that this is a welcome place for all mini-lovers, and we can all share ideas on all makes of houses.

My first house (still unfinished, I'm sorry to say) is a Dura-Craft San Franciscan. I work on it until real life interferes, :bookread: then it gets put away and neglected for a while. We lived in Lubbock, Texas (I'm a Texan, born & bred!) when I got started in the hobby, but we relocated to Rhode Island for hubby's dream job last year. Needless to say, the San Franciscan now looks like it's been through a war zone. Needs some big time TLC, not to mention getting finished. :bookread:

Now that we've gotten a bit more settled, I'm really itching to get back into doing my minis, and looking forward to being active here.

Well, that's me in a nutshell. Glad to be here and looking forward to sharing and learning from all of you!

Jerri

Hi and :thumb: to the forum and to New England! The San Franciscan is a great house. Which version do you have? I built the SF557 about a year ago or so.

:bookread:

Hi and a big welcome. i love alot of the Greenleaf houses also. But fell into some very good deals on my other houses. I got my Newburg, which I am working on, when Walmart discontinued carrying them years ago. My Husband bouhgt me the Victorian cottage jr about 5 years ago and that one is almost finished. It is ny avtar and also in my albums. Then a friend decided to give me a built and painted Bellingham Farmhouse. Nothing done on the inside though. I already have lots of plans for that one. We also have a Victoria's Farmhouse still in the box. I say we as my husband done alot of the structural parts. He loves to build and shingle tham, also comes up with alot of the kit bashing. My Greenleaf ones are the Adams and also the Spring fling contest one. Some day I want to buy the Westville and the McKinley. Have you looked through the Spring Fling Contest gallery yet. Who would ever think that so many ideas could come out of such a little building!!! Any way this is a long note just to say welcome.

Here's a timely welcome to the "little" family, in response to your belated introduction; you are not alone, there are a lot of new members who have yet to come over to this forum to introduce themselves (y'all know who you are!) We're very glad you finally got your round tuit, Jerri!

My very first kit was the SF555, built for the eldest granddaughter (and apparently long, long gone; but that's a long, sad and rather boring story...); it took me .3 1/2 years (whilst I attended Nursing School).

Do make yourself to home!

Welcome, Jerri! I'm kind of a Dura-Craft girl myself (shhhhhh, don't tell :giggle: ) but I like all dollhouses. As long as a house talks to me, I listen! I too am working onthe San Fran. Mine has turned into a Rose Red of sorts, but I'm happily puttering along on her.

Glad you decided to play. We're a great group!

Hi and :giggle:

as you said

I'm glad to see that this is a welcome place for all mini-lovers, and we can all share ideas on all makes of houses.

yup .. we do everything, including scratch-built houses ... glad to have you with us!

:banana: