What are you up to today? This week?

heidiiiii

My job took me out of town for the weekend - DH is finally home and I'm gone for Valentine's Day!  I don't get on the forum when I'm out of town, unless I can use my notebook computer at night in the hotel - not too tired or too busy - so I've been off for awhile. Glad to be back and glad the forum is back! I know I had a life before I joined this forum 7 years ago - but I can't remember it!

• Like 1

Good luck on the interview Anna !

Today I spent the day at my daughter's. I got to hold the baby the entire 4 hours I was there. :)

Made it just 30 minutes from home before I got into the yucky hard rain that is causing icing just slightly north of me. Luckily it looks like we will avoid most of that and just have rain. We'll see what happens in the early morning though.

Work at the airline has been ramping up as they prepare for the move.  I have been updating their records so that they're FAA compliant, a job none of the other records clerks seem to want to do. 

I'm still waiting to hear about the VA job.  Now I understand why their last candidate took another job before they gave him his start date.  The past few weeks I have been getting calls from headhunters just about every other day.  Even attorneys with some of the local law firms have called.  I must have sent out over 200 resumes last year and only heard crickets.  Now everyone wants to interview me.  The only thing lacking are the interviews.  The only ones I'm hearing back from, are the law firms that decided to hire interns instead.  As long as something happens before mid-March, I shouldn't have any problems.

• Like 3

I hear you, Jeremy. I'm waiting for an answer from my Graduate program and it's frustrating. I'm biding my time by jobbing at Home Depot (at least they still have lots of things I need... hahaha, and I'm finding all these neat materials) right now because I didn't want to take a full-time position without knowing how long I can stay. If I get accepted for my PhD I will start in August, so from now until May I'm playing the waiting game.....

Tracy, our neighbors across the street got home Monday from a weekend in Atlanta, so I got to hear all bout the COLD! there (worse than ours, which is still bad enough for me!).  We got into rain on our way home from the Mardi Gras jazz event we went to, and the temps are supposed to drop today.  Sable, you scored!  Love those wee chairs.  I hope to get out today and find some 1/8" basswood sheets so I can make dining chairs, as well as some more 1/8" strip wood, as I used my last piece that small.  I had to reclamp the porch roof on the right side, facing the front and I took the table top parts out of clamps and the frame out of the gluing jig. 

Good Luck Anna!
Snowing pretty good. It actually looks pretty. I have to go out and shovel it. I have red beans going in the crockpot for dinner to eat with rice. My first time. I even had andouille sausage and the spices to make creole spice. Good and hearty for this Fat Tuesday.

Otherwise, I am just ignoring my taxes till the w-2s  yell at me from across the room.

Thank you for well wishes, as it seems it might be a bit less stress involved, ie compared to the school I am responsible for today, 350 students and 54 staff memebers... The other position is for two smaller schools with apprx 100 students each. Still there are lots of pros and cons in staying as well as looking into changing environment, so we'll see how this will evolve.

Won't talk about over on facebook though I might add as this isn't something that is something I want public over there just yet...

Hu

• Like 2

While the East Coast is in a deep freeze, we are having a disgusting heat wave!  Up to 60 degrees today!  It's February - I don't want sunshine and warm weather. Weatherman says it will cool down soon, though.

Just so you & the hubs won't have to pull up stakes and move again.

Oh no, it is as close to me as todya, ie 25-30minutes car ride just the opposite direction so to sepak so a different city/municipal.

It would take a whole lot to make us move from our house!!!

Hugs

Some friends from Marshall are here for Mardi Gras, staying in a downtown hotel so they could be close to the parades. Today we'll pick them up  for  lunch at Dooky Chase's Restaurant, take a little tour of the city, and then head to Drago's for their famous char-broiled oysters. I told them to skip breakfast! :D

On the mini front, I'm loving the way the Realife Miniatures  dining room sideboard is turning out. Sanding the fiddly little pieces is hard on my fingertips and once-in-a-blue-moon manicure, but the fiddly little details are what is making this little gem sparkle. Photos to come.