What are you up to today? This week?

heidiiiii

This morning I have to get out there and shovel because Fred goes for his one month follow up on his broken foot. He has been a good patient. Always wearing his boot.
 I have taught myself how to arm knit infinity scarves this past Christmas. I love finding a super bulky yard to use. It gives the scarves some heft and the wearers love how they look on them. I have a couple to make this weekend.

Cold Cold Snow Cold. It will probably take till Spring before all the snow has melted.

• Like 1

We aren't getting the snow, sleet & freezing rain the northern end of the state is coping with, but we went out this AM to get pinless scrollsaw blades and groceries before the heavy rain (it's thundering out there now) and noticed the temperature had dropped about ten degrees between the time e went into the grocery store and the time we came back out.  Please all y'all up north stay warm and safe!

I heading out pretty soon to a wholesaler's store to pick up some fairy garden items. They have some of the most adorable things I've ever seen, and many of them will work for miniature dollhouse settings also ... ponds, fencing, patio furniture, etc.  Can't wait to get my hands on the loot!   :w00t:

• Like 3

real life stepped in and took me away from my mini action but tomorrow everyone is gone!

shouldnt take long to complet the lil house.

we got a wagon for the grandbaby and the big kids was upset they didnt have a wagon they could use so

I now have to buy another....sigh!

sure do enjoy having them here to enjoy and spoil!

• Like 1

Sorry I haven't been posting much lately but I had another doctor turn-around (my GP "dismissed" me from her practice after I asked her to run blood tests that monitor existing conditions she didn't understand) and have had to scramble to find a new doctor once again.  Starting over with a new doctor is about the most stressful thing to me, especially since I'm having to get copies of my records from my old doctors in Denver.   Previously they'd been sent to the new doctor but at this rate, it's better that I bite the bullet on the cost and get copies of all my x-ray films, MRI images, ultrasounds, etc as well as the pounds and pounds of notes.  I already have stacks and stacks of the records (mostly test results) in my personal possession, but as some of you may know, the ones they give to patients don't always include all the doctor's notes so I'm having to request the whole bundle from everyone.  A couple of them had already put my records into storage so getting those is like pulling teeth.

I saw the new internist last Friday and am not sure how well it's going to work out yet.  I'll give her points for listening but she screwed up my prescriptions so bad that I had to call the mail in pharmacy today and tell them to cancel all of them and let me start over with her the next time I see her.  She can't handle the rheumo stuff and I can't find a rheumatologist around here to save my life so I've had to settle for a pain management practice where I have an appointment tomorrow.  Sorting and assembling all that paperwork, images and test results has taken over a week.  The stack is 4" thick and I still don't have the records from my rheumatologist to add to it so that gives you an idea of the magnitude of this stuff.  It's eight years of hard work and all I want is for them to pick up where my Denver doctors left off without making any changes or duplicating tests and procedures but who knows if it's going to work out that way.  I'm frustrated and weepy at the moment but still and always hopeful that it'll go smoothly.  Keep your fingers crossed for me.

• Like 1

Crossing my fingers and toes for you Deb!

As for me- I am beginning my happy dance tonite: starting to re-pack for my Florida Vacation, Take 2!!  Weather is clear, so hopefully I WILL be in the air on Saturday nite and on my way to sunny Florida and Ron's Miniature Shop!  :):drool:  :banana:

• Like 1

The replacement blades for my Proxxon saw are supposed to arrive today ------ and, oh yes, I found the Proxxon box with my extra blades this morning, just as I hoped I would.

Good news, the plumber we called about the leaking drain pipe in our bathtub showed up to give us an estimate, and found the problem to be an easy fix, and made a repair. He's going to do some more jobs for us.

The last plumber we called never came. 

• Like 3

Over here we woke up to a fog-dressed morning but it is slowly lifting and it might even ve chance for a blue sky soon... I am about to tackle the chores of today.... We will be having company over and plan for a BBQ menu ;) hubs will have to stay close to the warmth I am sure but it will be worth it.

Hopefully I will also add another layer of paint to the exterior of thelighthouse base.

Hugs

• Like 1

We are trying to dig out from about 4 feet of snow.  I knows its not quite the amount the east coast got but they don't plow here so you are on your own.  I found out my "tall" snow boots aren't tall enough for this stuff and its still coming.  :)

• Like 1

Roxy, It is going to snow again tomorrow. 3-4 for us on the shore. March comes in like a Lion this year. Fred and I are making fried chicken today. I also have a recipe for roasted cauliflower that I would like to try. too.

Has anyone had a herniated cervical disc or Myelopathy? I have some questions for myself.

After I fiddled with the scrollsaw this AM DH fiddled with it this afternoon and it looks like waiting for the shop (plus it was ancient before we moved) to get built did it no good.  Maybe I'll ask Santa for another one...  Meanwhile I had retraced all the chair pieces onto the 1/8" piece of basswood and began cutting out the parts yesterday; one side is now cut out, it only took one utility knife blade (both ends) to do, so I shall be busy for March.  I'm stitching the third bargello seat, they are coming out as envisioned.

• Like 1

Tomorrow I go for the interview for another principle/headmaster position in another municipality/town.

Will be interesting to see how that turns out!

Hugs

• Like 3

Good luck with the interview, Anna. :thumb:

We are back in New Orleans. L's sister remains in the hospital. She is improving but may be there as much as two weeks longer.  I'm clearing up some paperwork this morning and will be back at the Realife dining room set in a little while ... my reward for getting the not-so-much-fun bit out of the way. 

I'm rather heavy-hearted this morning. Got word yesterday that my aunt is out of remission and the aplastic anemia is back. She starts chemo today, and will have 2-3 blood transfusions a week. They are treating her as an outpatient for now. 

She is my mother's youngest sister, the baby of the family of 8 (with 20 years from oldest to youngest), and not much older than I am. We've been more like sisters than aunt/niece. My cousin and I are trying to be optimistic but I've had enough experience with cancer to know that "relapse" is not a good word, and the second time around does not usually end well.

I'm rather heavy-hearted this morning. Got word yesterday that my aunt is out of remission and the aplastic anemia is back. She starts chemo today, and will have 2-3 blood transfusions a week. They are treating her as an outpatient for now. 

She is my mother's youngest sister, the baby of the family of 8 (with 20 years from oldest to youngest), and not much older than I am. We've been more like sisters than aunt/niece. My cousin and I are trying to be optimistic but I've had enough experience with cancer to know that "relapse" is not a good word, and the second time around does not usually end well.

That's hard.  I have a friend (not sure for how much longer) who is fighting her fourth bout with the "C" monster.

Kathie, I'm glad things are stable with L's sister and that you're back home.

I started gluing the seats to the dining chair sides and I have half the colors done on the last chair seat cover.  I'm going to cut duplicate card seat templates from poster board and glue them to the cardboard pieces; I'm not exactly wild about covering non-acidfree templates with needlework I've stitched by hand.  I have the foundation front bricked and I'm working on the side without the porch. I have a lot of spackling to do once I finish the brickwork and it can take being masked.  It takes spending lots of time staring t some areas for me to notice what still needs done.

Good Luck Anna!!
Hugs to you CJ.

We shoveled with just a cardigan (Other clothes too..LOL). It is 40 deg f and there is melt going on. More snow tonight though. I have done a bunch of shredding of old papers, I have all my tax paperwork at the ready and I will probably tackle it this weekend. I will look out at the snow and daydream about crocus.

I have mini'd this entire day.  I have three of the dining chairs both sides glued to seats and the fourth didn't want to play nice (all four feet weren't arriving at the same place) so it's back in the jig.  Gluing the original chipboard templates to the acidfree posterboard made a more satisfactory thickness.  I finished my bargello covers and I have one edge of each glued to its respective template. I want to install the templates before I do the back slats, since I want to clamp the templates to the seats when I glue them together.

Meanwhile I went browsing through Patricia King's fireplace & stove book to find the kitchen stove I want for my pre-WWII farmhouse; now I'm collecting the necessary bits & bobs.