What are you up to today? This week?

heidiiiii

I finished off the fourth dining chair and the inlay piecrust table and stained the wood pieces in the trunk kit and began to glue it up; the ends and base are in the jig.  Now I'm sewing bedroom curtains.  I have just over half the non-porch side of the foundation bricked.

Since I stole the real stone fireplace box from the Worthington to put into the Summer Kitchen, I had to build and stone a new box for it before the Auction next Sat.

For the Summer Kitchen, I cut the slate back splashes for the countertops and the slate chimney top. I permanently attached the cabinets and fireplace box to the structure. Only 6 days to go and I still need 3 solid days to complete it.

• Like 1

Forgot to tell about the interview session, it was a really comfortable interview, but there were a few more they are interviewing prior to next step and as I am going away for a week I won't know anything until I am back... Interwting in one way and could be a nice change, so we'll see.

Still undecisive about what i might pack along for the trip mini-wise, have my project sketching book ready to bring along but don't know what else. Since we are flying and there are restrictions in what I may bringin the carry-on luggage and the suitcases checked in are packed well so to speak, hmmm....

Hugs

RL steps in and I am swept away from my 1/2" scale....son- in-law's birthday and I have been asked to make an Italian restaurant in

a metal bisconni tin. What is cool, I had some magnets with wine bottles, now they stick to the walls...lol. Have less then a week to finish.

So, I better get going.......

:dog:

RL steps in and I am swept away from my 1/2" scale....son- in-law's birthday and I have been asked to make an Italian restaurant in

a metal bisconni tin. What is cool, I had some magnets with wine bottles, now they stick to the walls...lol. Have less then a week to finish.

So, I better get going.......

:dog:

Just finished.....

post-16853-0-95142300-1425755973_thumb.j

• Like 3

Most stuff allready in the suitcases, still need to pack up the bike gear but as that is fresh put of the washing machine after a spinning round, that will have to wait until tomorrow... After fiddling around with the helmets we decided that they will have to go into the carry on back packs... Helmets take up öarge spaces indeed!

If all works out tomorrow I might even be able to squeeze in some mini-ing time while hubby is out on a mountainbike ride since most things are packed.hugs

I made bedroom curtains for Washington from some fabric I got from Julie. I took the trunk pieces out of the jig and noticed that the bottom piece wasn't flush with the bottoms of the end pieces.  They are now reglued and back in the jig after stomping the bottom piece flat onto the bottom of the jig.  In the interim I remembered to trace around each piece onto the back side of the lining paper so that I can begin to line the trunk as I finish assembling it.

Does anyone remember the packages of eight tiny stoppered glass bottles full of glitter stuff for fingernails that $Tree had?  The oil cook stove I want to make from Patricia King's book takes four of them.  How good is that?

• Like 1

I want to see that Holly!

our Dollar Tree still carries them and if you cant find any let me know and I would happily send you some!!

cant wait to see all that you are creating!!

Holly, I have a package of those too and have been wondering what to do with them. I'm interested in any way to use them up :)

Moving furniture was good and bad. Good because the freezer is now closer to the kitchen; bad because I hurt my back moving the piano.  I have moved that thing about 100 times in my life, but this time the back said, "Hey, we aren't that young, lady!"  Nothing too bad, just sore muscles.  I'm also painting the living room and hallway again. I like the color, but it is a little too baby boy nursery for the rest of the family. We'll be going with a slightly darker more slate blue color for this go around.  I may wrangle a trip to Home Depot today after lunch so I can paint this week.

What a crazy couple of weeks I have had.

My bike was out of commission for 11 days while waiting for the part to arrive.  When I went to get my bike last Tuesday, there was another guy at the shop- a fellow racing fan who gave me a partial ride home from Jacksonville- in 1997!  I had forgotten about it, but he remembered.  I had ridden my bicycle 95 miles to the race track, but my shifter cable was so badly frayed, I wasn't going to make it back home at the end of the weekend.  Randy lived about 25 miles outside of Gainesville, so he gave me a ride to that point.  I just had to pedal the remaining few dozen miles home. 

Yesterday, I rode to Daytona Beach for Bike Week.  Mostly to do some shopping, but the trip was mostly a bust.  I desperately needed a new set of saddlebags for the bike, but forgot why I didn't get a new set last year- I could get the old set off!  I had to remove the passenger seat to get the old ones out. There were a row of mechanics working on broken down bikes in the parking lot, but they were all Harleys.  Even if they were willing to work on my bike, no one had any metric tools.  So, instead of installing the new bags and going to my other destinations for the other items, all I could do was bungie the massive box the new bags came in, onto my passenger seat.  I couldn't leave that unattended anywhere, so I made the return trip home with a detour- to Robin's (Misty Stars) house just north of Bunnell!  Her friend from Indiana had just the right tool for the job, so I switched out the bags and visited with them for a while before heading home.  I'm riding next Saturday with my usual riding group, but they're not going to the shops I need to get to, so I'm planning another trip for Wednesday after I get off work.  Any excuse to put some miles on my ride. :p

I also had an interview last week.  It was for a small regional office of a state wide law firm.  The job is basically a part time receptionist position with future growth into a paralegal position if I get the course work done.  Not exactly a career-minded job, but it would be great to start until the V.A. finishes carving my employment documents into granite.  I could theoretically work both jobs and give my wife a break.

One other bit of news.  I was holding off until we knew it was viable, but we're expecting another girl in late July.  As the 2nd of 4 and later 5 kids, I know we're in trouble with such a large brood looming.  I have no idea what my DW was thinking when she stopped taking her birth control pills, but it's a done deal now.  We're naming her Shailene Lianna.

Wow Jeremy, you surely have a lot on your plate! Fingers crossed that it all works out for you and the drama calms down a bit.

We're having fun with the tummy bug - NOT!!! Had big plans for today but still have more bedding to wash and a kiddo to tend. This one is particularly nasty. Caught me totally off guard. All seemed well when I tucked them in last night. Selfishly hoping I don't pick it up since I don't want to put my upcoming surgery at risk.

• Like 2

Congratulations on another girl, Jeremy.  More good luck wishes for this latest interview.

Selkie, if all else f ails, tie a bandana over your mouth & nose!  Stay healthy, dear heart!

We are in for a week of rain and I'm planning to stitch.

Anybody who saw the first movie, "The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel", the second one is just as good, if not better!

• Like 1

Just returned from our trip down to sunny Florida!  :)  Had a great time visiting with my son and DIL in Orlando and my parents in Sarasota.  Visited Ron's Miniature shop and bought some items I need to finish my Ellwanger House rehab, plus a couple of little treasures for myself.  (happy little jig!)  Also spent three days in Disney, visiting Epcot, Magic Kingdom and Animal Kingdom.  Epcot day was crazy hot! Mid 80's!  MK day was crazy cold, dreary and windy!  Froze our butts off watching the fireworks.  LOL  Anywho- had a great time on our vacation.

We were lucky enough to miss the bad weather that was happening back home ( sleet/ice and 9-10 inches of snow)...and our neighbor was kind enough to shovel our sidewalk and half of our driveway for us!  :)

Now it's back to the real world.  :/   And back to working on the Ellwanger!  This week I get to install the remaining light fixtures, floors (that I packed in my suitcase so that I could stain them in the warm weather) and trim.  During my lunch break at work I will be working on painting porch posts and railings.

The paper is on the ends of the trunk & lid & on the trunk bottom.  The lid and side pieces spent half the day between wet paper towels and are now rubber banded to jars/ bottles the diameters of the lids and sides until thoroughly dry.  I think one more session will finish the non-porch side of the foundation, the house is on its back so I can get there, but I have to work bent over to the right, and my back protesteth mightily!  At lest when I get to the porch side I can flip the house onto its other end and work standing straight.  I think I'll do my spackle & paint touch ups on the porch front beforehand, and then I can stand the house up and spackle the rough edges of the back opening, and it will be ready to furnish; and then I can work up my hands to considering the residents..

Congratulations on the new addition, Jeremy.  She will bring her own joy and blessing to your family. :)

I am still caught up in RL and no time for minis.  Just got back from a 5-day jaunt to the northern edge of our state and am leaving town again this weekend for another Home and Garden Show.  And I should not be on the forum right now because I am presenting my miniature hobby - and the glory of the miniature industry - tonight at our BPW (Business and Professional Women) meeting tonight. It's almost ready, but not quite.  But I had to stop in and see my GL family!   :wave:

In the meantime my little Appleby Cottage is calling me. 

Tracy, that is one long drive! I'm sure the baby snuggles make up for it :)

Congrats, Jeremy! Sounds like you guys are in for a busy summer :lol:

I decided that having a rotten cold wasn't enough for me so I threw my back out picking up a pillow yesterday. Let's just say I never knew sneezing and coughing could be so painful.

Cleaning my cluttered house. Where do I start? I guess the piles of laundry are first.

The Worthington, which I donated to the club was sold and the woman does want the 4 columns, so I'm going to have to make them this week before I deliver it to her. I think I'll install magnets to hold them in place?

Back home again after a relaxing and great week at Fuertaventura. I see I have a lot to read around here so will do that in the morning, right now I have extra knitted socks and put a double fleece blanket on the bed as I am coooold ;) but mostöy just tired after a full day's trqvel...

Hugs and ot is goooood to be back home again!!!

Welcome home again, Anna, here's a :hug: to warm you up!  I'm filling in the last color on the Anatolian rug and picked my colors to do another Persian rug on this more even-weave fabric I've been playing with.  I worked on the oven box for the oil stove and painted the door and the "oil" bottles and laid another course of sandpaper "bricks" and generally just played with my mini projects.  I dug out a couple of Michael's hutches for when I get done having the house lying down, so I can see what I want to use where with them.

• Like 1

I visited the French Quarter today with visiting friends. Discovered that the Black Butterfly, the only local miniatures shop, has been closed for a year. It was owned by a sister and brother. The sister passed away and the brother, who was never really excited about the shop, shut the door. The owner of the shop next door told us he comes by every day to collect mail, but never opens the shop. The interior appears to be quite dusty.

In the knitting and needlework shop, I bought a needlepoint kit, a reproduction of a Clementine Hunter painting of a baptism. I have't done any needlepoint in years and hardly know where to begin, but I love the work of Clementine Hunter (Lloyd attended her 100th birthday celebration in 1987) and it really grabbed me. So what's one more project, eh?  This is a crummy photo I snagged off the internet. Will post a better one when I have a chance to take a photo.

Helpful hints from needle workers are most welcome!

clbaptism.jpg